Stephen Strasburg promoted to AAA Syracuse

zow2

Yeap- i know that baseball is not worth talking about but I'm showing Strasburg some love here. I'm force fed the Nationals where i live so I like them. Strasburg is the sh*t. He's the next Nolan Ryan.. Fastball is 98-100mph and his breaking ball is NASTY, almost unhittable. I'm looking forward to seeing him get his cup of coffee in AAA and start for the Nationals in sometime early June.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap- i know that baseball is not worth talking about but I'm showing Strasburg some love here. I'm force fed the Nationals where i live so I like them. Strasburg is the sh*t. He's the next Nolan Ryan.. Fastball is 98-100mph and his breaking ball is NASTY, almost unhittable. I'm looking forward to seeing him get his cup of coffee in AAA and start for the Nationals in sometime early June.

While I've been watching this, this story will have no legs here on this fourm. The retards would rather argue about french fries or if Tim Graham is a DB..

The kids gonna be a star.

no legs for this thread dude........ :nana:

Baseball is absolutely worth talking about. he does appear to be the real deal, hopefully they monitor his pitching so he doesn't go kerry woods on them...i am glad the Yankees wont be facing him anytime soon, and by the time they may, he will already be in pinstripes! :nana:

Just remember that you're saying this before the kid's ever thrown a pitch in the major leagues.

Mark Prior was supposed to be the next Nolan Ryan, too. So was Daisuke Matsuzaka. Skills and hype (both of which Strasburg has by the bushelful) don't always equate to success. I'm not saying he won't be great, but let's see him pitch for a couple seasons before crowning him.

Just remember that you're saying this before the kid's ever thrown a pitch in the major leagues.

Mark Prior was supposed to be the next Nolan Ryan, too. So was Daisuke Matsuzaka. Skills and hype (both of which Strasburg has by the bushelful) don't always equate to success. I'm not saying he won't be great, but let's see him pitch for a couple seasons before crowning him.

I remember Trent Edwards being touted as the next Joe Montana. Maybe even better, according to some.

Strasburg has yet to throw one pitch in the majors and he is being compared to Nolan Ryan. Pitching is about far more than throwing the ball at 95 MPH.

I remember Trent Edwards being touted as the next Joe Montana. Maybe even better, according to some.

Strasburg has yet to throw one pitch in the majors and he is being compared to Nolan Ryan. Pitching is about far more than throwing the ball at 95 MPH.

I agree but he has alot more than a great fastball. You gotta see him pitch, it's really fun to watch.

This thread has more legs than I thought it would. Good to see.

While I've been watching this, this story will have no legs here on this fourm. The retards would rather argue about french fries or if Tim Graham is a DB..

The kids gonna be a star.

no legs for this thread dude........ :wallbash:

You are wrong about it having no legs here. Right here!

I agree but he has alot more than a great fastball. You gotta see him pitch, it's really fun to watch.

This thread has more legs than I thought it would. Good to see.

Yeah, I've heard that about him. Everybody talks about the fastball, but he's got a very nice splitter, slider and change-up to accompany it.

To me, the biggest question about a young pitcher is whether or not he can locate the pitches...some very promising pitchers have been derailed from greatness by lack of control at the Major League level (I'm lookin' at you, Scott Kazmir).

If Strasburg proves he can hit the corners effectively, I'm sold. If he debuts this season by walking 4-5 batters a game and serving up taters down the middle of the plate, I'll be more reserved.

You know what I've found funny Deano, Bill Walsh gave raving reviews of Edwards and another QB Bust Rick Mirer, compared both to Joe Montana prior to their respective drafts. I guess a Bill Walsh endorsement wasn't what it used to be in his later years.

You know what I've found funny Deano, Bill Walsh gave raving reviews of Edwards and another QB Bust Rick Mirer, compared both to Joe Montana prior to their respective drafts. I guess a Bill Walsh endorsement wasn't what it used to be in his later years.

Perhaps. Or maybe it just shows that spotting POTENTIAL is much different than being able to correctly predict the future of that potential.

As for Mr. Walsh. I respect him has a coach, but I have met few people as full of themselves or as sold on the myth as him. He taped all of his meetings and was looking to promote them as a management system. He really did think he was a genius.

Kinda bums me out. He was slated to pitch against Richmond at the end of the month. Now he's in AAA. I don't think he'll be around long enough for me to see him in Norfolk either.

Dammit. I'd like to see him in a minor league setting before he goes up.

Well good for him he reaches 100+ mph... :wallbash:

I was just at the Bisons game the other day and the Louisville pitcher was throwing 100 mph in the first inning, gasps and cheers from the crowd everytime he hit the 100+ mark. It was really entertaining.

Ok, I'm keeping this thread alive.

Strasburg pitched last night for Syracuse and threw 6 no-hit innings. So far in two AAA starts, he is 2-0, ERA 0.00, 12 innings pitched, 1 hit, 12 strikeouts, 2 BB

He is a phenom, can't wait for his MLB debut.

Well good for him he reaches 100+ mph... :doh:

I was just at the Bisons game the other day and the Louisville pitcher was throwing 100 mph in the first inning, gasps and cheers from the crowd everytime he hit the 100+ mark. It was really entertaining.

That's some serious heat. It's true that there is a lot more to pitching than simply throwing hard, but throwing THAT hard can surely make up for a lot of shortcomings a pitcher might have on the mental side.

Saw him pitch his first home start in Harrisburg, we have season tickets. It was unbelievable. The first batter he faced, he struck out with 3 straight gassers. The guy knew it was coming, and still couldn't get ahead of it.

Plus, the 78-80 mph breaking ball he has to go with his 95-98 mph fastball is just crippling.

• 3 weeks later...

Strasburg to pitch in Buffalo on Thursday. Probably his last minor league start ever. Hopefully the weather holds out this week and doesn't mess up the Syracuse rotation. Should be fun to see.

Strasburg to pitch in Buffalo on Thursday. Probably his last minor league start ever. Hopefully the weather holds out this week and doesn't mess up the Syracuse rotation. Should be fun to see.

Yep, Thursday afternoon. I'll be there and, I agree, probably his last start in the minors...

Kinda bums me out. He was slated to pitch against Richmond at the end of the month. Now he's in AAA. I don't think he'll be around long enough for me to see him in Norfolk either.

Dammit. I'd like to see him in a minor league setting before he goes up.

Hey LV-- Thought I saw that Strasburg's MLB first start might be against the Buccos; not sure if in Pittsburgh or DC--I have to check the schedule.