Exactly why were they looking for a "white" male?

Assuming the guy in the ridiculously blurry video was white? That it he probably acted alone. That the US Secretary of Homeland Security described was someone who was amateurish and that this was a one-off attempt?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle7114495.ece

That NYC mayor first inclination was to describe the suspect to CBS news as "somebody with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2...ad-about-obamac

Anyone else feel not very secure when the Tea Party people are the first suspects in terrorist attacks now?

Assuming the guy in the ridiculously blurry video was white? That it he probably acted alone. That the US Secretary of Homeland Security described was someone who was amateurish and that this was a one-off attempt?

That NYC mayor first inclination was to describe the suspect to CBS news as "somebody with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something."

Anyone else feel not very secure when the Tea Party people are the first suspects in terrorist attacks now?

If you're a white, christian, conservative man you are now in the governments crosshairs.

I thought the same thing at first: "It's gotta be some fat-assed militia member or something. Islamic terrorists know better than to try to make a fertilizer bomb out of Scotts Miracle-Gro."

Trying to blow up a a plane with a firecracker in their shoe is not beyond their reach, so who knows.

Waaah, the poor white Christians.

It's not about white people feeling offended. It's about an incompetent government which is more worried about being PC than it is in protecting Americans no matter which race or ethnic background they are from. For the authorities to assume the guy in that very grainy video was white is astonishingly reckless given the grave consequences of the guy getting away as a result of misinformation. The only one looking amateurish is Napolitano and the guy who hired her.

It's not about white people feeling offended. It's about an incompetent government which is more worried about being PC than it is in protecting Americans no matter which race or ethnic background they are from. For the authorities to assume the guy in that very grainy video was white is astonishingly reckless given the grave consequences of the guy getting away as a result of misinformation. The only one looking amateurish is Napolitano and the guy who hired her.

... unless it was an intentional deflection of the media's attention on the investigation, so that the Pakistani guy could drop his guard down for a few hrs while NYPD & Feds zero in on him?

Well, they busted the "white" guy. Faisal Shahzad

What part of the healthcare bill do you think he was opposed to? :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/nyregion...?exprod=myyahoo

... unless it was an intentional deflection of the media's attention on the investigation, so that the Pakistani guy could drop his guard down for a few hrs while NYPD & Feds zero in on him?

Like any of these guys are smart enough for that!!!!!!

Given their track record of Fort Hill, the underwear bomber and Bloomberg's quote, I don't think that it was an intentional deflection. However, if it was intentional then I'd give them props for doing so.

Given their track record of the Fort Hill, the underwear bomber and Bloomberg's quote, I don't think that it was an intentional deflection. However, if it was intentional then I'd give them props for doing so.

Given that this morning it was reported that they immediately pulled the VIN number off the engine block and very quickly ran down the owner, seller, Craig's list transaction; I'd tend to think that GG's assesment is a little more accurate. Do you really think they tell the press every detail in an ongoing investigation?

Not to mention, have you seen the guy's photo? He looks more white than Pakistani (whatever Pakistani looks like).

Given their track record of Fort Hill, the underwear bomber and Bloomberg's quote, I don't think that it was an intentional deflection. However, if it was intentional then I'd give them props for doing so.

Could just be the ambiguity natural to an investigation in its early stages, too.

When the snipers were down here, they spent a week inspecting every white panel truck (because such a truck was seen at half the shooting scenes). Turned out the snipers were driving a maroon sedan - but you see a white panel truck at every scene, you look into white panel trucks (even though you can't swing a dead cat in any city without hitting a white panel truck). You see a blurry video of a white (or "white-looking") guy acting strange around a car bomb...you look for white guys. It happens. That's why they investigate.

Well, that's a cavalier attitude.

Oh please. That was directed at the particular audience member, not the world at large. WBF's sense of persecution is a bit overblown don't you think? The White Christian male at last check is doing pretty well no?

I'm hoping that the video that was "grainy" to us was enhanced by the gov't and provided them a relatively clear picture for the hunters. Heaven [or insert the name of your religion's holy place here] help us if the gov't hunters are working from the same level of technology that we see on TV.

I'm hoping that the video that was "grainy" to us was enhanced by the gov't and provided them a relatively clear picture for the hunters. Heaven [or insert the name of your religion's holy place here] help us if the gov't hunters are working from the same level of technology that we see on TV.

Oh, they're working from a much lower level of technology than we see on TV. You can only enhance a pixelated picture to a certain point (pixelation itself invloves data loss); TV shows portray image enhancement very unrealistically.