A "NEW" Study shows fat kids more likely to get picked on

University of Michigan solving all things that everyone already knew:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/03/obesi...dex.html?hpt=C2

One question: How did they cast for the "8-10 year old, fat kid, holding empty candy wrappers" photo shoot?

Related news:

Midgets more likely to get stared at than normal height people

Tall people are asked "what's the weather like up there?" more often than short people

Girls with nice cleavage get better service than flat chested women

One question: How did they cast for the "8-10 year old, fat kid, holding empty candy wrappers" photo shoot?

Related news:

Tall people are asked "what's the weather like up there?" more often than short people

WOW! Who would've thought?

I've got to find out how to get one of these research grants.

Same here. My study is going to be finding out if the increase of people calling in sick for work increases when nice weather happens in the northeast. I figure all I need to do is call several companies each day and find out how many people called in sick.

Same here. My study is going to be finding out if the increase of people calling in sick for work increases when nice weather happens in the northeast. I figure all I need to do is call several companies each day and find out how many peopel called in sick.

I'm still working on my study. Not sure of all the details but it's going to be something to do with hot chicks and orgasms. Their's, mine, I really don't care.

The idiotic "study" aside, it is sad that fat children have to get picked on so much...almost 100% of the time, childhood obesity is the fault of the kid's parents and not the innocent kid.

These parents are either too lazy or too uninformed to feed their kids well and teach them good nutritional habits, and in most cases there isn't much the kid can do...which, to me, makes it tragic that they have to suffer torment from their peers over something of which their parents are culpable.

The idiotic "study" aside, it is sad that fat children have to get picked on so much...almost 100% of the time, childhood obesity is the fault of the kid's parents and not the innocent kid.

These parents are either too lazy or too uninformed to feed their kids well and teach them good nutritional habits, and in most cases there isn't much the kid can do...which, to me, makes it tragic that they have to suffer torment from their peers over something of which their parents are culpable.

Well said. Many things fall in the same category. One that I think is even more unfortunate is kids who face teasing because their parents do not have the money to buy them whatever is considered "in" at any given moment. Personally, I was fortunate because while my parents were not rich we did not lack for much. I can easily point to others who would say otherwise and faced merciless taunting because they had the wrong clothing or footwear or whatever. I can only imagine it is worse today given the need to have all of the latest in electronic gadgets in addition to other things.

Well said. Many things fall in the same category. One that I think is even more unfortunate is kids who face teasing because their parents do not have the money to buy them whatever is considered "in" at any given moment. Personally, I was fortunate because while my parents were not rich we did not lack for much. I can easily point to others who would say otherwise and faced merciless taunting because they had the wrong clothing or footwear or whatever. I can only imagine it is worse today given the need to have all of the latest in electronic gadgets in addition to other things.

Kids really are pills when you get a bunch of them together. It must be that they exhibit a more raw and unfiltered version of human nature, but man are they cruel to each other. They try their darndest to find strange or undesirable traits in their peers, and then just hound them endlessly about it.

When I was in elementary school, I was the nerd...despite praise from the adults, I would've traded in my smarts if it meant the other kids would just leave me alone. I got along alright with most kids and I had a nice group of friends, but that didn't stop the bully types from making me miserable at every turn. Those days are long gone, but that crap sticks with you even if it's only in subconscious ways. One thing's for sure, it won't be pretty if I ever find out my own children are participating in bullying.

Related news:

I've seen a picture of you. Sorry. Must have been tough.

Yeah, sure, blame your parents, lard-ass.

Kids really are pills when you get a bunch of them together. It must be that they exhibit a more raw and unfiltered version of human nature, but man are they cruel to each other. They try their darndest to find strange or undesirable traits in their peers, and then just hound them endlessly about it.

When I was in elementary school, I was the nerd...despite praise from the adults, I would've traded in my smarts if it meant the other kids would just leave me alone. I got along alright with most kids and I had a nice group of friends, but that didn't stop the bully types from making me miserable at every turn. Those days are long gone, but that crap sticks with you even if it's only in subconscious ways. One thing's for sure, it won't be pretty if I ever find out my own children are participating in bullying.

Meh, kids are ruthless simply because they don't comprehend the consequences. They don't think about the "fat kid" going home and crying themselves to sleep each night.

Every kid is bullied by someone. Unfortunately, some are tormented by large groups. Those are the kids in need of serious help.

Schools have come a long way in their fight against bullies. We just took my 4 year old to her first orientation, and in the Cafeteria they had huge posters up that said, "Pledge against Bulleying", or something like that. It had the student body's signatures for each grade level. Certainly not the sure fire fix, but a nice piece of the puzzle that is stopping this kind of behavior.

All that said, there should really be some kind of mandatory parenting courses. Most of these bullies are victims of the ones they love and trust the most. It's sad, really.

Related news:

Girls have cleavage? A bit deranged observation, wouldn't you say?