Ed Wang, the next big thing

I hope Wang is our LT for years to come. he has the "feet" as hes a converted tight end, and it was noted he is great against speed rushers. Thats big for LT's, they dont all have that. But can he run block and be nasty? idk, but I sure hope he can develop it.

idk if this link was posted already

I think all Bills fans hope he turns out great, but he is a project and by reading most reviews, is nowhere ready to start in the NFL. Let's hope he is a steal in the draft, but still would have been better to take one up higher that has a better chance of turning into a dominant LT.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey the last converted TE to play LT for the Bills was a pro bowler. Lets hope he turns out like him minus the hold outs lol

He was a Pro Bowler, whether it was warranted or not is for a another conversation. Let's just hope he doesn't turn into the whining money hungry lazy sack hole who thinks he is better than he is and wants a new contract every other year.

He was a Pro Bowler, whether it was warranted or not is for a another conversation. Let's just hope he doesn't turn into the whining money hungry lazy sack hole who thinks he is better than he is and wants a new contract every other year.

His parents would never let him turn into that :thumbsup:

Wang does have size and athleticism and didn't play LT all that long, so he may be a real "sleeper" in the draft. If he comes out of the box ready to play LT I'll be about ready to jump on the Gailey/Nix bus. If Levi Brown turns out to be the starting qb I'll offer to friggin drive it. If we make the playoffs, I'll be willing to make a few payments on it!

That being said, saving your team in the final rounds of the draft doesn't seem to be the ideal way to shore up a moribund offense.

Here's a quote from Allen Wilson that tells me the league is as anxious for Wang to succeed as are the Bills:

"TV figures for NFL programming in China are up to 102 million "unique" viewers."

I have to say, that really surprised me.

Have you met them? Cool. Do they speak good English? Or are you just saying that because of their ethnicity? Kinda type casting if you are.

Your'e right, I AM type casting. But I also have the right to because I'm also Chinese american :rolleyes:, with Chinese-born parents moving to the states.

And seeing from that video posted by the OP, I can tell you that they seem pretty similar (granted, it's a video...).

Some of the major points that they brought up:

- They raised him with the mindset that you have to work hard to succeed

- Everything that he did growing up, and instituted on him by his parents, was geared towards helping him succeed (ie. the no dating in high school rule, no driver's license, etc...)

- Since his parents were athletes on the chinese-olympic team during that era of china where your LIFE was about succeeding

and bringing success and glory to your Country - they know the meaning of hard work, and how that correlates to success.

Just my thoughts, and what I took away from that video.

A bit stereotypical? Of course. But most likely true? Definitely.

Wang does have size and athleticism and didn't play LT all that long, so he may be a real "sleeper" in the draft. If he comes out of the box ready to play LT I'll be about ready to jump on the Gailey/Nix bus. If Levi Brown turns out to be the starting qb I'll offer to friggin drive it. If we make the playoffs, I'll be willing to make a few payments on it!

That being said, saving your team in the final rounds of the draft doesn't seem to be the ideal way to shore up a moribund offense.

Um, they drafted the most dynamic offensive player in the draft

I'm pulling hard for Wang. I think that he can be huge. Wang has the potential to rise and explode upon the scene. If Wang can manage to swell up in the weight room, he'll certainly make headway and be able to come through in the end. I certainly hope that Wang won't let us down.

Yes!!!!

I really liked the Youtube vid on this guy Wang. I like that his parents were Olympians. That is very impressive. Seems like he was born to be a player.

He has a chance to start because the LT position is just as wide open as QB. He will make the team most likely and it will help sell some tickets in Toronto if he does manage to start.

Quality post ... even in a democracy (supposed) like America, cultural attributes (even ones gleaned from Communism) can be learned from. They were schooled in the way to succeed and they brought it with them to teach their children. I wouldn't mind more parents with the same mindset.

Good job.

Your'e right, I AM type casting. But I also have the right to because I'm also Chinese american :), with Chinese-born parents moving to the states.

And seeing from that video posted by the OP, I can tell you that they seem pretty similar (granted, it's a video...).

Some of the major points that they brought up:

- They raised him with the mindset that you have to work hard to succeed

- Everything that he did growing up, and instituted on him by his parents, was geared towards helping him succeed (ie. the no dating in high school rule, no driver's license, etc...)

- Since his parents were athletes on the chinese-olympic team during that era of china where your LIFE was about succeeding

and bringing success and glory to your Country - they know the meaning of hard work, and how that correlates to success.

Just my thoughts, and what I took away from that video.

A bit stereotypical? Of course. But most likely true? Definitely.

5th round 140th overall. I've never seen such excitement over a 5th rounder project that may or may not work out! :)

Ahhhhh I do, when the 5th round pick in the 2006 draft was picked he had a lot of hype and now he is one of our best.....

Not trying to turn this into a Peters thread but While Peters these last two seasons didn't deserve his pro-bowl selections there is no doubt that in 2007 he was a pro-bowl caliber player and did deserve his selection at least that year.

However if Wang were to turn into a starting caliber/probowl LT I don't think he would turn out like a Peters and let money ruin him. Wang's parents I think instilled a professional pride and hard work ethic into him that even if he got a fat contract he wouldn't let money ruin that.