In depth preview of Madden 2011

Buftex

Madden already suggests every play. Sounds like they are just calling him the OC or DC now.

It sounds like you will have the option of hearing the defensive calls on the field...also, sounds like they will make the player attributes more in line with the actual players...no more speedburst, or crazy spin moves...except for guys like CJ Spiller (we hope!)... funny, I already play the game that way, as much as possible. I like to start my franchise out with bad players, so it takes me a while to build a winning team...only through the draft, and bottom tier free agents (like the real life Bills)...I never like the arcade like quality in sports games...of course, I have barely played Madden 2010...

It sounds like you will have the option of hearing the defensive calls on the field...also, sounds like they will make the player attributes more in line with the actual players...no more speedburst, or crazy spin moves...except for guys like CJ Spiller (we hope!)... funny, I already play the game that way, as much as possible. I like to start my franchise out with bad players, so it takes me a while to build a winning team...only through the draft, and bottom tier free agents (like the real life Bills)...I never like the arcade like quality in sports games...of course, I have barely played Madden 2010...

Dude, since you are Buftex, delete your sig. Like your posts btw.

One good thing about Madden 2010 was if you were a team like the Bills you couldn't sign big name free agents until you were a winner. Each free agent had a series of factors that would determine the team they would sign with. You simply couldn't offer the most money and get the guy (Just like the real life Bills).

In the Madden 2010 franchise you really had to draft well, make smart trades, and sign mid to low level free agents. You couldn't just gobble up the top 5 free agents and in two years you had a SB team. It took at least 4-5 seasons to take the Bills to be a deep run playoff team. I had to draft a QB, sit him for a year; then I drafted an LT, played the QB for a year; then I drafted a DE and so on and so on till my QB got good and my D was good.

All in all it was a much more rewarding experience to draft all those guys and supplement with free agents and trades. So yeah the franchise in Madden is much improved.

The Calling the plays for you option for me is a nice option BUT I like to pick my plays. I think that the time it takes to play a Madden game was an issue but as long as you are like me and you like to pick your plays it will always take forever to play a game.

I think that they should look into a grind it out type feature like if you have the ball and you are winning you can accelerate the play clock (Mostly against the CPU or if your opponent has no timeouts) so that you don't have to wait 30-40 seconds between plays if you are winning and just want to wind the clock down. All in all that would cut the time it takes to play a game by 5-10 minutes without taking away any control from the player.

The biggest feature I am looking forward in Madden this year is the new running animations and hit collisions. The way players run in Madden has sucked and 2K football always seemed to have more fluid player animations. I hope that this changes in the way they promised.