Bills at Bengals

udonkey

Couple questions:

1. How much will tickets run for this game, and are there decent hotel rates nearby?

2. How is the Cinci area as far as the night life goes, and is the stadium located downtown?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The best bet for hotels is to try just across the river in Newport, Covington or Florence, KY. This is also the best option for nightlife. They have developed an nice series of restuarants, bars and clubs. The area is called Newport on the Levy.

There will be a strong contingency from Louisville coming up for that one. We would love to hook up with some other bigtime Bills Backers! I have two cousins from Orchard Park coming down as well.

Awesome ballpark too! You're in for a treat!

Couple questions:

1. How much will tickets run for this game, and are there decent hotel rates nearby?

2. How is the Cinci area as far as the night life goes, and is the stadium located downtown?

138919[/snapback]

1. Tickets for Paul Brown Stadium start in the $35-40 range. Lower level (field level) seats run in the $60 range. As the other poster stated, there are plenty of hotels locally. Cheaper places will be north of the city (rental car needed) or right across the river in Kentucky (cab would be sufficient).

2. Night life is ok - depends on what you're looking for. A lot of clubs on Main Street, lots of laid back bars across the river and in Mt. Adams. Stadium is located in the heart of downtown, right on the riverfront.

udonkey, the Montgomery Inn is highly recommended to me by family in the area. (Bengals season-ticket holders, in fact.) In your opinion - how insanely busy would it be on a Saturday before a home game, and would it still be worth the trouble?

Lori - the Montgomery Inn Boathouse (right on the river - about a mile east of the stadium) would be ideal for Saturday night. Should not be so busy that we couldn't get a group in there with more than a normal wait, especially if i were to call a few days ahead and make reservations.

However, if this is the first time that most of you have been to Cincy, somewhere on the -other- side of the river might be better in order to take in the skyline and what not.

Couple questions:

138919[/snapback]

Go to Kentucky for night life. Downtown Cincinnati is crime-ridden. As is the area around UC.

There's nothing around the stadium...owner Mike Brown made sure that there were no nearby eateries or clubs that would cut into his profits.

Hey Mike this is Doug from Clearwater. Do you remember speaking via email with me before? I am coming in on Saturday 12/18 and I do not have tickets. Do you have any extra? I need 3 and maybe 4? If you do not have them, describe the scalper situation for Bengals games. In a few weeks they will be out of the race and I am hoping scalps might become available(do you think that is the case). I called the box office and they have only obstructed view seats left. Have you ever sat in those obstructed view seats(are they worth the discount price or are they annoying? Should I be worried I won't get in or is it like the Ralph where there are always tickets outside for price or lower???? Also do you know the Bengals - main fan forum? Do they have a TwoBillsDrive? That might help in getting tickets. Any info would be great. My cell is 813 810 2035 if anything comes up on your end. Thanks Doug :doh:

Doug:

To my knowledge, there are no obstructed seats in PBS.

Regardless, I just called into the ticket office (was going to go down to the stadium today, but saved myself a trip) and ordered 3 seats for section 314, row 14 for $50 each (total was $154 after shipping).

You can see the stadium map at:

http://www.bengals.com/tickets/stadiummap04.htm

You should, however, have no problem finding tickets the day of the game. This matchup isn't exactly getting people excited down here (with the exception of the opportunity to boo and yell at our boy Takeo), so there should be plenty available. Just get to the tailgate early, and you'll see plenty of people selling them in the lots. Otherwise, they're lined up on the walk to the stadium.