GOP purges yet another moderate

Further evidence that the republican party has moved into a solid corner with the teabagger crowd.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=126400758

You mean like Arlen Specter? You should see the ads that guy's running in PA.

Bunch of enmulleted former steelworkers: "We done lost our pensions, and good ol' Arlen got 'em back fer us!"

That'll teach him for huggin a Democrat. How could you destroy the integrity of the Republican Party by getting Democrat cooties. Ewwwwwwwwwww

And supporting the stimulus package???? how COULD you???? I see supporting the bail out for bankers that Bush and co. wanted, but Crist just don't get it. You can't support massive amounts of money going nowhere unless a Republican president is asking for it. Charlie Charlie Charlie shame on you.

I still like Rubio though, dude is on point!

Crist is an empty suit, hanging on a clothes line, twisting and turning with every directional change of the wind.

He has no convictions, no principles, yet he wants the people of Florida's vote to send him to the Senate where he'll be responsible for voting on important bills that will effect the future of the state and the entire country.

The guy is a spineless embarrassment. He's been one since he hugged the great almighty one. He's clearly never recovered from that. Like the spineless Spector, he bought into the MSM and liberal bull**** that the Obama democratic wave was going to be here for a very long time. The sorry *** saps didn't realize that it wouldn't even last till the 2009 November elections. For once in his life, Crist should have been a man, admitted defeat to Rubio and moved on to another chapter of his spineless life. Americans wants someone who believes in something, you worm.

It's unfortunate what happened to Crist. I live here in Florida, I liked the guy, he was a good politician and HAD a good track record for being a good fiscal conservative. I respect the decision he made, in endorsing the stimulus package (although I disagreed with him), but when he hugged Obama, that marked the beginning of the end of his Senate Campaign as a Republican. I sympathize with him, they all abandoned him, one by one and sometimes life isn't fair, and this is one of those circumstances, where he made the fateful decsion to take the stimulus dollars and hug Obama.

Having said that, I think he has proven that he is everything that his previous critics had said about him, which is that he is a political opportunist. He is leaving his post after only serving one term, which was controversial in itself, and the criticsm is that he is more focused on moving up the latter than anything else. At the time, I didn't pay much mind to it, because I liked the guy, and for me there wasn't a sufficient amount of evidence in my view to come to that conclusion.

When he realized that there was NO SHOT at winning the GOP primary, he did a few things, one he decided to vote down the GOP state amendment of Holding teachers accountable (which was heavily opposed by the Unions), and then he went back on his offshore drilling ban off of Florida, which he recently was for, and then he said that he may caucus with the Democrats if he were to win and support a Democratic Senator as Senate leader.

This tells me a few things, one that he doesn't sincerely espouse Conservative values, and that he made these decisions to pander towards the Democratic constituency in Florida in order to win votes. In other words, he's a fraud. For that, I think he's a piece of ****. It's one thing if he sincerely thought that these were the best decisions for Florida, but why now? Why wasn't he for these values as GOP member? I think he's shown his true colors, which is that he will do whatever is politically expedient for him to continue his career.

On the other hand, Rubio looks strong, he doesn't waiver. He was interviewed yesterday, and was asked a very difficult question, which was "Do you support reforming Medicare and S.S" Remember, we are here in Florida, many retirees come here to Florida and either live here or plan on coming here, and to man up and say that we have to reform these entitlement programs takes a lot of guts, and I admire that. The guy answers everything directly, I'm beginning to like him more and more, and I have little doubt, unless something scandolous comes about, that he will beat Crist easily.

It's unfortunate what happened to Crist. I live here in Florida, I liked the guy, he was a good politician and HAD a good track record for being a good fiscal conservative. I respect the decision he made, in endorsing the stimulus package (although I disagreed with him), but when he hugged Obama, that marked the beginning of the end of his Senate Campaign as a Republican. I sympathize with him, they all abandoned him, one by one and sometimes life isn't fair, and this is one of those circumstances, where he made the fateful decsion to take the stimulus dollars and hug Obama.

Having said that, I think he has proven that he is everything that his previous critics had said about him, which is that he is a political opportunist. He is leaving his post after only serving one term, which was controversial in itself, and the criticsm is that he is more focused on moving up the latter than anything else. At the time, I didn't pay much mind to it, because I liked the guy, and for me there wasn't a sufficient amount of evidence in my view to come to that conclusion.

When he realized that there was NO SHOT at winning the GOP primary, he did a few things, one he decided to vote down the GOP state amendment of Holding teachers accountable (which was heavily opposed by the Unions), and then he went back on his offshore drilling ban off of Florida, which he recently was for, and then he said that he may caucus with the Democrats if he were to win and support a Democratic Senator as Senate leader.

This tells me a few things, one that he doesn't sincerely espouse Conservative values, and that he made these decisions to pander towards the Democratic constituency in Florida in order to win votes. In other words, he's a fraud. For that, I think he's a piece of ****. It's one thing if he sincerely thought that these were the best decisions for Florida, but why now? Why wasn't he for these values as GOP member? I think he's shown his true colors, which is that he will do whatever is politically expedient for him to continue his career.

On the other hand, Rubio looks strong, he doesn't waiver. He was interviewed yesterday, and was asked a very difficult question, which was "Do you support reforming Medicare and S.S" Remember, we are here in Florida, many retirees come here to Florida and either live here or plan on coming here, and to man up and say that we have to reform these entitlement programs takes a lot of guts, and I admire that. The guy answers everything directly, I'm beginning to like him more and more, and I have little doubt, unless something scandolous comes about, that he will beat Crist easily.

Thats where he lost me. After maybe less than a year being Gov, he wants to shoot for the Senate. PASS. Do your job for what you were elected to do.

Maybe he should completly drop out and go for Nelson's seat in 12' because right now he doesnt have a chance, at least in my mind.

Fck him.

Ha! This guy makes typical political generalizations without any specifics. Most people agree that Medicare and SS need reform, but the devil's in the details. Is Rubio for or against raising the eligibility age, and for or against reducing payouts to seniors?

He also waffled on the AZ immigration law. "That's not really something Americans are comfortable with, the notion of a police state," Rubio said of the Arizona bill. "But I don't want to underestimate the level of frustration from a law enforcement aspect that exists in Arizona. You have serious violence crossing the border, and they're fed up. Particularly with federal inaction." He did not say outright whether he opposes or supports the bill.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...bid=2AR_md8eIvF

He won't take a stand because it will either upset his Hispanic or Tea Party supporters.

As far as him beating Crist easily, from the last poll April 15...

Marco Rubio has opened up an elephant-sized 56 - 33 percent lead over Gov. Charlie Crist in Florida's U.S. Senate Republican primary, but in a three-way general election with Rubio on the GOP line, Crist as an independent and Democratic U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek, Crist has a razor- thin edge, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

If Crist were to file as an independent for the general election, he would get 32 percent of the vote, compared to Rubio's 30 percent and Meek's 24 percent.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1297.xml?ReleaseID=1445

Ha! This guy makes typical political generalizations without any specifics. Most people agree that Medicare and SS need reform, but the devil's in the details. Is Rubio for or against raising the eligibility age, and for or against reducing payouts to seniors?

He also waffled on the AZ immigration law. "That's not really something Americans are comfortable with, the notion of a police state," Rubio said of the Arizona bill. "But I don't want to underestimate the level of frustration from a law enforcement aspect that exists in Arizona. You have serious violence crossing the border, and they're fed up. Particularly with federal inaction." He did not say outright whether he opposes or supports the bill.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...bid=2AR_md8eIvF

He won't take a stand because it will either upset his Hispanic or Tea Party supporters.

As far as him beating Crist easily, from the last poll April 15...

Marco Rubio has opened up an elephant-sized 56 - 33 percent lead over Gov. Charlie Crist in Florida's U.S. Senate Republican primary, but in a three-way general election with Rubio on the GOP line, Crist as an independent and Democratic U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek, Crist has a razor- thin edge, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

If Crist were to file as an independent for the general election, he would get 32 percent of the vote, compared to Rubio's 30 percent and Meek's 24 percent.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1297.xml?ReleaseID=1445

He did offer details, over the weekend. He and a FEW others have the guts to push reform on S.S or Medicare, whereas the liberals would never have the courage to propose such a necessary measure. Mark my words, THEY WILL GET REFORMED, the question is will we wait until a crisis hits us just as it did Greece in order for us to go through with it, or will we do the right thing before the crisis comes?

You can pretty much bank on the liberals punting on this issue.

ANd in regards to your poll. Try a newer one.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2010/04/pol...30-meek-22.html

...The latest Rasmussen Reports poll of Florida voters finds that 37 percent would vote for GOP frontrunner Marco Rubio, 30 percent for Crist and 22 percent for the likely Democratic nominee Kendrick Meek. That’s much closer than a month ago when Rubio had a 17-point advantage and Crist was in third place.

Crist won't win.

Watch how the White House and DNC plays it if Crist runs as an Independent. Will they stick with the liberal black son of a former Democratic Congress critter? Or will they throw him under the bus and support the white former Republican political opportunist?

but in a three-way general election with Rubio on the GOP line, Crist as an independent and Democratic U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek, Crist has a razor- thin edge, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

...The latest Rasmussen Reports poll of Florida voters finds that 37 percent would vote for GOP frontrunner Marco Rubio, 30 percent for Crist and 22 percent for the likely Democratic nominee Kendrick Meek.

With Meek's numbers as low as they are now if the WH and DNC line up behind Crist, we'll have a major party Senate candidate finishing with between 10-20% of the vote in a major swing state

Crist won't win.

Not to mention something I heard recently on one of the Sunday shows I think: Money wins. Period. Rubio gets GOP money. Meek gets DNC money. Crist gets...Independent money??? Does the independent party have a lot of cash to throw at Crist's campaign?

Yeah...good luck with that.

Not to mention something I heard recently on one of the Sunday shows I think: Money wins. Period. Rubio gets GOP money. Meek gets DNC money. Crist gets...Independent money??? Does the independent party have a lot of cash to throw at Crist's campaign?

Yeah...good luck with that.

Tom Golisano called Charlie Crist a few days ago, offering his support of Crist's independent Senate run. "Let me know what I can do to help," was Golisano's message.

And...

Billionaire Jeff Greene, a Florida businessman who made his fortune in the real estate and credit default swap markets, plans to jump into his state's Senate race on the Democratic side, a source familiar with his plans told POLITICO.

Greene's entry into the race would represent the latest dramatic turn in a campaign already upended once this week by Gov. Charlie Crist's decision to end his bid for the GOP's Senate nomination and run as an independent.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36579.html

Tom Golisano called Charlie Crist a few days ago, offering his support of Crist's independent Senate run. "Let me know what I can do to help," was Golisano's message.

And...

Billionaire Jeff Greene, a Florida businessman who made his fortune in the real estate and credit default swap markets, plans to jump into his state's Senate race on the Democratic side, a source familiar with his plans told POLITICO.

Greene's entry into the race would represent the latest dramatic turn in a campaign already upended once this week by Gov. Charlie Crist's decision to end his bid for the GOP's Senate nomination and run as an independent.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36579.html

Old news down here. No chance in hell either of them win.