Kentucky Derby

dhg

Love watching the Derby and always make the semi-annual trek to OTB to place my bets. Haven't sat down and studied up on any of the horses in the field this year. The 2 favorites right now are Lookin at Lucky and Sidneys Candy, but one is starting from the inside position and the other from the outside. Who do you guys like? Any advice on trifectas or quinellas or any other combinations?

Love watching the Derby and always make the semi-annual trek to OTB to place my bets. Haven't sat down and studied up on any of the horses in the field this year. The 2 favorites right now are Lookin at Lucky and Sidneys Candy, but one is starting from the inside position and the other from the outside. Who do you guys like? Any advice on trifectas or quinellas or any other combinations?

What I would like, is if OH had something like OTB, or Pennsylvania's Dial-a-Bet. The odds of recovering your bet is usually - at least - 12 to 1...a far cry from the state-run lottery games. :lol:

Been so damn busy this year just have no idea. Excerpt from Beyers column today

There are only two colts I am confident will be accelerating strongly in the Churchill Downs stretch: Lookin At Lucky and Ice Box.

Lookin At Lucky is obvious: He fires every time. He rallied strongly to win the Rebel Stakes; he came from 10th place to lose in a photo finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile last fall. While his speed figures may be unimposing, his consistency and his finishing ability set him apart from most of the others in the field.

Ice Box finished out of the money in the first three races of his career and didn't win a stakes race until his seventh and most recent start, the Florida Derby. He had a perfect setup that day, sitting in last place while the leaders set a fast pace, then rallying furiously to win by a nose.

It would be reasonable to view his 20-to-1 upset as a perfect-trip fluke. But 3-year-olds sometimes do improve suddenly in the spring. Trainer Nick Zito says that Ice Box reminds him of another late bloomer, Strike the Gold, who came to life in his final prep race and gave Zito his first Derby win in 1991.

In a field in which it is hard to muster an ironclad conviction, Ice Box offers the best betting value. Based on the assumption that all the speed horses in the Derby will lapse, my play will be an exacta box of Ice Box and Lookin At Lucky.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0042902673.html

So there ya go. Now, Beyer sucks at handicapping the Derby and is great at the Breeders Cup, so be forewarned. I will be betting Sydney Candy as I am playing names this year..Sydney being my daughter