Ryan Clady

Pro Bowl offensive tackle Ryan Clady tore his patellar tendon playing basketball over the weekend, multiple league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora, and is expected to miss an extended period of time.

Just more competion to try to land a vet left tackle, I think the asking price for Adams, Gaithers just went up. Unless the bills goal is to end up in the bottom 5 of the league this year, i can't think of another reason they wouldn't address this left tackle issue. I just don't see anyone on the current roster who would even be average at left tackle.

Pro Bowl offensive tackle Ryan Clady tore his patellar tendon playing basketball over the weekend, multiple league sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora, and is expected to miss an extended period of time.

Just more competion to try to land a vet left tackle, I think the asking price for Adams, Gaithers just went up. Unless the bills goal is to end up in the bottom 5 of the league this year, i can't think of another reason they wouldn't address this left tackle issue. I just don't see anyone on the current roster who would even be average at left tackle.

No way we get Adams or Gaithers now. The LT tackle position was in need of a huge upgrade, yet in two consecutive drafts we fail to address the position. I'm not sure how Gailey plans to use CJ with no line to run behind. They should have addressed this in FA or the draft.

No way we get Adams or Gaithers now. The LT tackle position was in need of a huge upgrade, yet in two consecutive drafts we fail to address the position. I'm not sure how Gailey plans to use CJ with no line to run behind. They should have addressed this in FA or the draft.

Totally agree !!!!!

Uh last time I checked they took Wang to play left tackle

Amigo, chill, would ya please. "No line to run behind."....I believe the Bills wound up in the middle of the pack in the running game last season with a bunch of rookies, some guys who were plugged in on the fly, a raft of injuries and DJ's timid offense. Sure, middle of the pack is by definition mediocre. But mediocre isn't "no line," as you hysterically aver.

Yeah, but they didn't take one of "their guys".

I forgot Rich, only first round players make teams, become probowlers and actually help their teams win superbowls. Oh that and 'names' that Mel Kiper and the national media know of and approve.

Well the OL we had before the draft was 16th in rushing and helped an undrafted guy gain over 1000 yards so I think Spiller who has 10x the talent of jackson or Lynch will be just fine.

Well the OL we had before the draft was 16th in rushing and helped an undrafted guy gain over 1000 yards so I think Spiller who has 10x the talent of jackson or Lynch will be just fine.

And injury- injury- injury to that group. I still wanted Oher last year BEFORE the draft but they need to find seven or eight lineman to jell and make this thing work. I like Fred Jackson but C.J. is instant six points and Fred is a guy fighting hard for a first down (which isn't a bad thing). We'll see how it plays out but it is hard to judge a line that had no chance for cohesiveness.

You know, the more I see of this kid, the more I think that may actually be about right. This guy may be the type of threat we haven't had here since Thurman. When I see the video of this kid making catches downfield, it reminds me of a few of the old bills highlight videos I used to watch with Thurman making similar grabs. People never gave Thurman credit for the receiver he was...Roger Craig always got the most acclaim (at the time) for his all-purpose numbers, but I think Thurman was the best receiving RB in the league. Spiller looks like he may pick up that torch and run with it for the next 8-10 years :wallbash: