Drill, baby, DRILL!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Mark Proegler, a spokesman for oil giant BP PLC, told The Associated Press that a mile-long tube inserted into a leaking pipe over the weekend is capturing 210,000 gallons a day.

Hurray. They are getting up all the oil now. That is the amount that was leaking.

BP conceded Thursday that more oil than it estimated is gushing into the Gulf of Mexico as heavy crude washed into Louisiana's wetlands for the first time, feeding worries and uncertainty about the massive month long spill.

:P

Link

Hurray. They are getting up all the oil now. That is the amount that was leaking.

:P

I saw an interview with Bobby Jindal today. The guy was getting all riled up over the wetlands.

I saw an interview with Bobby Jindal today. The guy was getting all riled up over the wetlands.

As he should be. Keep in mind, Democrats didn't want to drill in ANWR - calling a place that is frozen solid 10 months a year pristine (it'll be a balmy 28 today) but felt it was more than OK to expand offshore drilling. Way to understand consequences.

As he should be. Keep in mind, Democrats didn't want to drill in ANWR - calling a place that is frozen solid 10 months a year pristine (it'll be a balmy 28 today) but felt it was more than OK to expand offshore drilling. Way to understand consequences.

Gotta protect the meeses, you know.

Those damned Democrats have been pushing their Big-Oil-friendly offshore drilling agenda for years.

It's about time they got their comuppins! :beer:

When people started calling this oil leak "Obama's Katrina," I honestly thought it was just some right-wing blather. Llike many have said, the federal government has little it can physically do to stem the spill, so it seemed like jumping on Obama was just ridiculous.

But then I sit down this morning for my daily splash of cold water on the face and jump to the Huffington Post, and see this. Apparently Carville went all Nagin on Obama. Wicked. This is jut the kind of thing that WILL make this Obama's Katrina. If he gets the reputation for being slow on this -- regardless of whether he is -- it's gonna hurt. A lot.

When people started calling this oil leak "Obama's Katrina," I honestly thought it was just some right-wing blather. Llike many have said, the federal government has little it can physically do to stem the spill, so it seemed like jumping on Obama was just ridiculous.

But then I sit down this morning for my daily splash of cold water on the face and jump to the Huffington Post, and see this. Apparently Carville went all Nagin on Obama. Wicked. This is jut the kind of thing that WILL make this Obama's Katrina. If he gets the reputation for being slow on this -- regardless of whether he is -- it's gonna hurt. A lot.

Personally, I prefer the article that began "Outside of the inner White House-Capitol Hill bubble, it is very hard to find anyone well-informed about the financial system..." :rolleyes: I didn't even get past the implication that anyone inside said bubble is knowledgable.

As for the oil leak being Obama's "Katrina"...he's doing precisely what he should do: stay out of the way and let the experts on-scene handle it.

Jesus Christ, who designed that website, a blind guy on acid? :rolleyes:

s for the oil leak being Obama's "Katrina"...he's doing precisely what he should do: stay out of the way and let the experts on-scene handle it.

I completely agree. But that won't stop the train from running. Nothing puts glue on a bad reputation like a good name.

Louisiana Purchase.

Cap-n-Tax.

Cornhusker Kickback.

Obama's Katrina.

Krauthammer yesterday made what I think is a believable point: if BP caps it today with this "top kill" effort, damage to Obama is nominal in the long term. If it doesn't, and this thing keeps leaking, he's in a lot of political trouble heading into November.

I completely agree. But that won't stop the train from running. Nothing puts glue on a bad reputation like a good name.

Louisiana Purchase.

Cap-n-Tax.

Cornhusker Kickback.

Obama's Katrina.

Krauthammer yesterday made what I think is a believable point: if BP caps it today with this "top kill" effort, damage to Obama is nominal in the long term. If it doesn't, and this thing keeps leaking, he's in a lot of political trouble heading into November.

Its perception. Katrina became Bush's becuase of a single fly-by in AF1 and an off the cuff "attaboy" comment to his Homeland Security chief. Same here. Its not the WH's actual action or inaction, its the coming public perception of things like the head of the EPA looking to attend fundraisers in NYC, while oil spews.

And our Fearless Leader should be at the head of the line don't you think.

Best idea I've read in a while. Pretty much all he's good for. But then again, I doubt he's even good for that. It would require work and productivity and by default, politicians are basically incapable of that. I think they should just let the state of Louisiana and BP handle and get the Feds out of the way.

Best idea I've read in a while. Pretty much all he's good for. But then again, I doubt he's even good for that. It would require work and productivity and by default, politicians are basically incapable of that. I think they should just let the state of Louisiana and BP handle and get the Feds out of the way.

The funny thing is, if the federal government were to take things over, they'd just end up subcontracting out to exactly the same people to do exactly what they're doing now.

CNN just said "the feds" "gave" BP "approval" to try to seal the well again. Well...good for BP, now when this low-probability "top kill" plan doesn't work they can point fingers at the federal government and say "Hey, they supported it too!"