Tea Party = Racism, UK Style

I'm sure most of you are aware of the Gordon Brown "bigoted woman" incident.

Here's a link to a video news piece:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2...n-six-acts.html

Here is the uncut video of the encounter, as well as an interview with her immediately after she was told what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVPknIAhibo

It looks to me like she was just an ordinary frustrated Labour supporter, worried about the debt.

Here is the uncut video of the encounter, as well as an interview with her immediately after she was told what he said.

It looks to me like she was just an ordinary frustrated Labour supporter, worried about the debt.

I read that yesterday... He's in deeper **** than he already was.

GB: "Hello, Obama? Listen, you shove your foot in your mouth all the time and come away clean. You tell people that doctors will remove their kids's tonsils just for having a sore throat. You tell people that taking your child out for ice cream in Tucson could end them up in jail if they don't have their papers. You tell people that that at some point they'll have earned enough money. And yet you smell like you were hand-delivered in a vase by ProFlowers.com. How do you do it?"

BO: Gordon, what's the difference between you and me?

GB: You're handsome?

BO: What else?

GB: You're charming?

BO: What else. C'mon, Gordie. It's right there.

GB: You get to play the race card every time someone is critical of you

BO: No, but that's a good one. Look. Let me clear. The media elected me, Gordo. They're lined up for miles to pen their books about my presidency. They can't tear me down right now or else they won't get access to me for their books.

GB: I guess you have a point.

BO: A point? Gordo, did you know the only violence that ever came out of a tea party protest came from one of my SEIU guys puttin' the beat down on a brother? Yet a bunch of illegals in Phoenix throw water bottles and rocks at cops, and do you hear about it? Of course not. I'm playing hoops with Harry Smith, footsies with Katie Couric, pinochle with Oprah, pattycake with all of MSNBC, and hosting Mona Vie parties with the entire cast of The View. What do you have, Gordo? Nothing. In fact, I've already spent too much time with you, you worthless piece of crap. Go home, shut up, and when I'm in charge of the world, I'll see if you can get a job as a czar.

She probably was a bigot but it's important not to alienate the bigot vote.

Brown made it far worse with his reaction after being caught out - being filmed with his head in his hands was not a great idea. He should simply have said that he spoke in the heat of the moment, apologised for any offence given and moved on. Going back to her house with the accompanying media scrum was daft and just drew even more attention to the issue. If you're in a hole, stop digging. None of this is likely, however, to affect the outcome - in all probability, a hung parliament with no overall majority for any party.

She probably was a bigot but it's important not to alienate the bigot vote.

Brown made it far worse with his reaction after being caught out - being filmed with his head in his hands was not a great idea. He should simply have said that he spoke in the heat of the moment, apologised for any offence given and moved on. Going back to her house with the accompanying media scrum was daft and just drew even more attention to the issue. If you're in a hole, stop digging. None of this is likely, however, to affect the outcome - in all probability, a hung parliament with no overall majority for any party.

Too bad he's not a French politician; he could have just blamed Amercians and been done with it.

Joe the Plumber - meet Gillian the Grandmother.

I wonder how soon the British press will rake the B word over the coals and zealous government workers begin searching her background for evidence of her receiving government assistance.

Too bad he's not a French politician; he could have just blamed Amercians and been done with it.

Or an Italian politician, in which case he could say or do whatever the hell he pleased, never apologize for anything and still get re-elected.

well after a truther blasts his way into the pentagon, you kinda have to take precautions.

that's all I'm saying. You never know which tea bag party is going to show up to protest. The ones with guns. The ones that follow the "teachings" of Alex Jones. Or just the old white folk looking to speak thier mind. You just never know. Better safe than sorry is what I always say. Oh, wait, no I never say that.

well after a truther blasts his way into the pentagon, you kinda have to take precautions.

that's all I'm saying. You never know which tea bag party is going to show up to protest. The ones with guns. The ones that follow the "teachings" of Alex Jones. Or just the old white folk looking to speak thier mind. You just never know. Better safe than sorry is what I always say. Oh, wait, no I never say that.

For the life of me I can not understand how a person could spend all day trying to have a discussion with you.

A dude would have to be unemployed and bored to kill a day in that manner.

For the life of me I can not understand how a person could spend all day trying to have a discussion with you.

I know right? All the lies that pour out of my mouth. Like the pentagon thing never happened. Or that Tea Baggers never showed up with riffles during an Obama rally. Where do I get this crap?

Some here apparently are. I read his first 10 posts and figured a one day wonder. Silly me, the fish are biting.

I'm trying to have a discussion with him? I thought I was just playing intellectual whack-a-mole.

Oh, please! hehe like this message board is just bursting with intelligence. I could say the same about many others here. Is this a right wing board only? Or do moderates get to speak thier minds as well?

Were you expecting an Obama shut out tactic because I believe differently than many of the outspoken people on this board? It is not as if I personally attack people at random like some who have been here far longer than I will be.