Boy Scout Merit Badge - For Video Games

/dev/null

In all, the Scouts have introduced 13 new merit pins this year for a wide range of topics: Disability Awareness, Family Travel, Good Manners, Hiking, Hockey, Horseback Riding, Kickball, Nutrition, Pet Care, Photography, Reading and Writing, Skateboarding, and Video Games.

Ummmm.... I remember Photography being a merit badge when I was in Scouts since its one of the ones I earned.

In all, the Scouts have introduced 13 new merit pins this year for a wide range of topics: Disability Awareness, Family Travel, Good Manners, Hiking, Hockey, Horseback Riding, Kickball, Nutrition, Pet Care, Photography, Reading and Writing, Skateboarding, and Video Games.

Ummmm.... I remember Photography being a merit badge when I was in Scouts since its one of the ones I earned.

See what happens when you let Big Gay Al be a scout master.

I don't approve. My son's an Eagle Scout and video games are antithetical to the Scouting experience, IMHO.

:rolleyes: 's Advocate: We need good gamers to fly those drones providing air support. You don't want guys like me that struggled to get past the first Donkey Kong screen.

That said, what is going on with the Boy Scouts? We-Todd-Did.

kickball? we have become a nation of pussies

In high school gym, we played "slap tag". You'd start in the basketball circle. You had to hop on one foot, and try to touch somebody. Then they were "it."

If your other foot touched the floor before you touched someone, you could run back to the circle, but other classmates could slap you with an open hand until you found haven in the circle. If you successfully touched another, you would give them that first hard slap while they tried to make it back.

We also swam in the school pool in the nude In hs - 2 days' gym, 2 days' swimming. hTe swim coach would have the non-swimmers line up at the deep end, and shove this or that one into the drink - fished them out with a bamboo pole. Everybody learned to swim.

Can you imagine today's outrage over that, and slap tag these days? Aya Carumba! :rolleyes:

Occasionally, if weather permitted, we were herded outside and had to run around the track for a non-stop half hour. Few kids were fat back then. A typical gym session was 5 minutes of running around Indian clubs, 5 minutes of squat thrusts, 5 on chin-ups, 5 on push-ups, 5 on jumping jacks and 5 climbing the poles or the ropes. Occasionally, the games. Then we were herded into the shower so we wouldn't smell.

We were fit. We were forced to be fit. Which was good.

In high school gym, we played "slap tag". You'd start in the basketball circle. You had to hop on one foot, and try to touch somebody. Then they were "it."

If your other foot touched the floor before you touched someone, you could run back to the circle, but other classmates could slap you with an open hand until you found haven in the circle. If you successfully touched another, you would give them that first hard slap while they tried to make it back.

We also swam in the school pool in the nude In hs - 2 days' gym, 2 days' swimming. hTe swim coach would have the non-swimmers line up at the deep end, and shove this or that one into the drink - fished them out with a bamboo pole. Everybody learned to swim.

Can you imagine today's outrage over that, and slap tag these days? Aya Carumba! :rolleyes:

Occasionally, if weather permitted, we were herded outside and had to run around the track for a non-stop half hour. Few kids were fat back then. A typical gym session was 5 minutes of running around Indian clubs, 5 minutes of squat thrusts, 5 on chin-ups, 5 on push-ups, 5 on jumping jacks and 5 climbing the poles or the ropes. Occasionally, the games. Then we were herded into the shower so we wouldn't smell.

We were fit. We were forced to be fit. Which was good.

Gymnasium

They're talking about the cub scout merit pins, not the Boy Scout merit badges. Merit pins disappear when you get rid of the blue uniform in favor of the tan.

Don't...selectively quote out of context.

:nana:

Ya.. They phased the nude part out of West Seneca schools right before I hit 7th grade... I was really sweating it... My brother is 4 years older and the nude thing was still the norm.

Must have been the awareness that there are pervs around... I mean come on... How hard is it to dry a swimsuit... Females had them. :wallbash: