Off to see Sarah Silverman tonight!

Buftex

Sarah Silverman, who I have adored for about 15 years, is doing a book signing tonight, at Book People, in Austin...can't wait!

Anyone want me to pass a message along to her?

This should be fun... :P

Tell her to become funny.

If she doesn't punch you out after asking about the Deadspin chat, ask her if she'd like to do this number from "Annie" for the audience.

:P

I thought that was pretty funny...thanks! Are you implying that SS didn't know Kimmel wasn't going to show that clip? Now, who is naive?

I only saw/read the aftermath of the Deadspin thing, and it just sounded like a bunch of Deadspin douches' being Deadspin douches...I seriously don't think she gave two ***** about it...it seems like people who don't get her, just don't get it...

I thought that was pretty funny...thanks! Are you implying that SS didn't know Kimmel wasn't going to show that clip? Now, who is naive?

I only saw/read the aftermath of the Deadspin thing, and it just sounded like a bunch of Deadspin douches' being Deadspin douches...I seriously don't think she gave two ***** about it...it seems like people who don't get her, just don't get it...

Nah... I'm a big fan of that whole crew (Kimmel, Carolla, Silverman, Simmons, Hench, etc). She and Daulerio are okay now about the chat. They really needed a dry run. A professionally run organization would have made sure everything would have run right, but Deadspin is a blog that is still finding its feet.

Just loved that Kimmel clip when it happened. Too bad those kids couldn't stick together, but whattya gonna do?

Oh, and Rico is right. :thumbsup:

Nah... I'm a big fan of that whole crew (Kimmel, Carolla, Silverman, Simmons, Hench, etc). She and Daulerio are okay now about the chat. They really needed a dry run. A professionally run organization would have made sure everything would have run right, but Deadspin is a blog that is still finding its feet.

Just loved that Kimmel clip when it happened. Too bad those kids couldn't stick together, but whattya gonna do?

Oh, and Rico is right. :ph34r:

They were spectacular! :rolleyes:

Not a fan of Silverman's or female comedians in general. Don't get me wrong I think a women can be funny but for whatever reason I just don't find any women comedian funny. I don't know what it is because I have seen a lot of female comdeians who don't follow the stereotypical mold of female comedy (How come I can't find a man jokes and why are men the way they are) and haven't found them all that funny.

Not a fan of Silverman's or female comedians in general. Don't get me wrong I think a women can be funny but for whatever reason I just don't find any women comedian funny. I don't know what it is because I have seen a lot of female comdeians who don't follow the stereotypical mold of female comedy (How come I can't find a man jokes and why are men the way they are) and haven't found them all that funny.

Maybe you have some personal issues? :wallbash:

I find it hilarious that Sarah Silverman is so loathed by so many... they say she just says outrageous things, that offend everyone...yadda, yadda, yadda....but then they praise "Family Guy" (which I don't find very funny" and "South Park" (which I find very funny)... Silverman does much the same thing, in a much more sophisticated way...yet, because she is a woman, she gets the "thumbs down". I also think (as many others do) that she is very attractive, but the fact that here comedy does not revolve around her looks, seems to really bother people... as much as I love her, I am not a huge fan of her tv show...I watch it, and get some big laughs out of it, but I don't really find some of the extraneous characters, or the loose plots, all that funny.

But damn, there is just something about her...I think she is one of the best comedians around...

I find it hilarious that Sarah Silverman is so loathed by so many... they say she just says outrageous things, that offend everyone...yadda, yadda, yadda....but then they praise "Family Guy" (which I don't find very funny" and "South Park" (which I find very funny)... Silverman does much the same thing, in a much more sophisticated way...yet, because she is a woman, she gets the "thumbs down". I also think (as many others do) that she is very attractive, but the fact that here comedy does not revolve around her looks, seems to really bother people... as much as I love her, I am not a huge fan of her tv show...I watch it, and get some big laughs out of it, but I don't really find some of the extraneous characters, or the loose plots, all that funny.

But damn, there is just something about her...I think she is one of the best comedians around...

To be fair, I find most comedians to be un-funny, period.

Didn't the "South Park" folks turn tail yesterday, when they were threatened? They've always made fun of Christians who never would uttere a threat, but now... :nana: