Late night TV

I just watched his show for the first time in many years. It was like a Bishop Hedd post, Bush this,Bush that. Not even remotely funny "Michelle Obama is remodeling the white house. Why? Because Bush destroyed it". Oh that's a real belly splitter.

My point is How can a A wipe like this command million's? Are the old networks [ABC, CBS,NBC] simply willing to run themselves in the ground for the sake of being mouthpieces for the left?

The old adage that says Republicans have no idea how funny it is to laugh at Republicans proves true again.

That's like the old adage explaining how the Democrats ended up with a jackass as their symbol. It's not the obvious and apparent reason, but has to do with their sheep going on strike in hopes of reducing the amount of conjugal visits they were required to make to the leaders of the Democrat Party. The donkey then stepped up to the plate and volunteered to fill in for the sheep. When the good leaders experienced the donkey they found themselves in a pickle. They liked both donkeys and sheep and couldn't decide what side of the fence they wanted to be on. They ended up compromising and running for State Senate out of Philadelphia. Their slogan of "If the sheep don't want to follow get yourself a little a$$" seemed to carry the day for them. I'll provide a link once you have provided one to me.

I just watched his show for the first time in many years. It was like a Bishop Hedd post, Bush this,Bush that. Not even remotely funny "Michelle Obama is remodeling the white house. Why? Because Bush destroyed it". Oh that's a real belly splitter.

My point is How can a A wipe like this command million's? Are the old networks [ABC, CBS,NBC] simply willing to run themselves in the ground for the sake of being mouthpieces for the left?

Letterman stopped being funny years before he signed the pledge to let the DNC review all his material, but I agree it's more pathetic now when he (and he's not alone) is too scared to make anything but the most harmless, half-flattering joke about the current President. Leno, Stewart, etc. are in the same boat. At least Maher is honest and unapologetic about being a left wing shill.

Bill Clinton must get pissed wondering how come he never got the kid-gloves treatment from these guys! :lol:

Letterman stopped being funny years before he signed the pledge to let the DNC review all his material, but I agree it's more pathetic now when he (and he's not alone) is too scared to make anything but the most harmless, half-flattering joke about the current President. Leno, Stewart, etc. are in the same boat. At least Maher is honest and unapologetic about being a left wing shill.

Letterman is showing evidence of the pure truth that your career is near the end; he and Paul Shaffer have become parodies of themselves.

Since we're talking about "funny" guys. I don't know if some of you guys caught what Dennis Miller said the other night, I about lost my **** when I heard him say

Miller turned to the poll showing that 60% of Americans are ready to legalize medical marijuana. "We're on a slow saunter over to 'Loserville.' I am buying Xbox 360 futures and I'm shorting shoe leather because we have a system now where you can get two years of unemployment, you can get Obama-care at home until you're 26, I'm pretty sure you can buy medical marijuana with the Obama-care, and then you can use food stamps for the munchies. This is a perfect loser storm."

:P

Since we're talking about "funny" guys. I don't know if some of you guys caught what Dennis Miller said the other night, I about lost my **** when I heard him say

:P

Perfect loser storm. Good one and this is probably coming from someone who's packed a few bongs in his earlier years.

you can get Obama-care at home until you're 26

Did we rehash this tidbit in any of the health care threads? Seriously, can someone give me any reason to justify this nonsense? Now we are encouraging losers to stay in their mothers' basement until they are 26??? WTF!

I don't know when it happened but Letterman has become the most boring, depressing talk show host ever. He literally sleepwalks through his show. I'd say he is mailing it in, except that mailing something requires some effort. I've become more a Kimmel fan. Leno is okay but he's like your grandma's comedian now.

PTR

Did we rehash this tidbit in any of the health care threads? Seriously, can someone give me any reason to justify this nonsense? Now we are encouraging losers to stay in their mothers' basement until they are 26??? WTF!

That's because they are incorrect. I believe the law says you have to be a full time student to remain on parent's insurance...

That's because they are incorrect. I believe the law says you have to be a full time student to remain on parent's insurance...

Why is somebody still a full-time student at 26?

Did they fail 8th grade, like, a million times? (I think that's a line from "My Name is Earl" when Randy went back to HS so that he could score a touchdown.)

Why is somebody still a full-time student at 26?

Did they fail 8th grade, like, a million times? (I think that's a line from "My Name is Earl" when Randy went back to HS so that he could score a touchdown.)

Grad student. I was a part-time student until I was 27. Could have been full-time...except I wanted to eat.

My brother was a full-time student until this month.

No I think it's just dependant children. You know...cellar dwellers.

Could be Chef, I must admit. I thought it was just for full time students, as I was when I was 24.

I did not finish up graduate school until I was 27 so being covered on parents insurance would have helped me out alot...

Could be Chef, I must admit. I thought it was just for full time students, as I was when I was 24.

I did not finish up graduate school until I was 27 so being covered on parents insurance would have helped me out alot...

I sure would hope not. Let me give you a scenario. Kid moves out at 18 and goes to college. Gets married early, let's say 21. Decides to go back to school at 23. He's married with a kid but he calls mom and dad and says "oh BTW, put me back on your insurance plan." That's not a good plan.

I sure would hope not. Let me give you a scenario. Kid moves out at 18 and goes to college. Gets married early, let's say 21. Decides to go back to school at 23. He's married with a kid but he calls mom and dad and says "oh BTW, put me back on your insurance plan." That's not a good plan.

No doubt.

I am going strictly off of memory here, but I believe back in my day, if you left school for more than one semester without medicial reason, you lose your eligibility for parent's medical. And I'm 100% sure that you had to be a dependant child, therefore, I don't think your scenario would be realistic, since the married child would have to be claimed on the parent's tax return...

Consider another scenario: kid is entering job market after college and wants to take some risks, intern at a place that might have a higher ceiling for him later on, but instead takes a safe and boring desk job, but one with health coverage. He doesn't pursue his ideal line of work because he has to pay off college loans, probably a car, AND his own health insurance on the open market.

It seems to me that the most productive outcome would be had if this kid could have a good health insurance backup plan that doesn't stack the odds in favor of a less desirable choice of work.

You're right that this could protect "cellar dwellers," but that's the problem of the parents who raised the kid to not take responsibility for her/himself.

There is probably a better solution, but neither side seems to be in search of one.

Consider another scenario: kid is entering job market after college and wants to take some risks, intern at a place that might have a higher ceiling for him later on, but instead takes a safe and boring desk job, but one with health coverage. He doesn't pursue his ideal line of work because he has to pay off college loans, probably a car, AND his own health insurance on the open market.

It seems to me that the most productive outcome would be had if this kid could have a good health insurance backup plan that doesn't stack the odds in favor of a less desirable choice of work.

You're right that this could protect "cellar dwellers," but that's the problem of the parents who raised the kid to not take responsibility for her/himself.

There is probably a better solution, but neither side seems to be in search of one.

The last thing a twenty something is thinking about when it comes to a career are the health insurance benefits.

The last thing a twenty something is thinking about when it comes to a career are the health insurance benefits.

The grad school scenario is worth considering though. When I graduated college, I took a job with a law firm and got benefits. Then when I started law school full-time, I was forced to drop down to 25-30 hrs per week at my job and I lost my benefits. Even the cheapest "student" health insurance plans weren't very viable for someone making what I was making and still trying to make rent, bills, etc.

So I went uninsured for 3 years.

Not a huge risk considering my age and health history, but it would have been nice to have been covered under my parents' plan for that small window. Paying out of pocket for prescriptions, dentist visits, etc sucked. Not the biggest problem I've faced in life, but I can see the merit in trying to make it a little easier for young people while they are getting their start in the real world.