Yes Sir Boss

As some of you know, I've recently ventured off into to the music biz, the journalisim part of it at least, and am heading the charge to take an all hip-hop mag for up & coming artists and expanding it's vision to a broader range of music. Right now I'm in contact with a european band who has taken a little bit of americana and mixed it with dubstep while not comprimising their european sound, ad a Tom Waitsian feel and you have Yes Sir Boss.

I can't help but think these guys may be on their way to creating their own genre and wanted to get your take.

The name of the band is Yes Sir Boss and here is their site http://www.yessirboss.com/Index2.html

The tracks are diverse so you may want to play a couple to get a feel for them... "Will you ever learn" may showcase their talents more than any other track they offer.

BTW the magazine I'm working for is Get'em magazine.

New genre? Are you serious.

Quite, maybe it isn't as evident in the samples on the site but the CD I have is dubstep, klezmir and rockabilly. I can't think of too many bands using this formula nor would I be able to classify the sound under any of the aforementioned labels, and to say alternative rock punk or anything else is a copout IMO.

Quite, maybe it isn't as evident in the samples on the site but the CD I have is dubstep, klezmir and rockabilly. I can't think of too many bands using this formula nor would I be able to classify the sound under any of the aforementioned labels, and to say alternative rock punk or anything else is a copout IMO.

Cool. Gotcha.

As some of you know, I've recently ventured off into to the music biz, the journalisim part of it at least, and am heading the charge to take an all hip-hop mag for up & coming artists and expanding it's vision to a broader range of music. Right now I'm in contact with a european band who has taken a little bit of americana and mixed it with dubstep while not comprimising their european sound, ad a Tom Waitsian feel and you have Yes Sir Boss.

I can't help but think these guys may be on their way to creating their own genre and wanted to get your take.

The name of the band is Yes Sir Boss and here is their site http://www.yessirboss.com/Index2.html

The tracks are diverse so you may want to play a couple to get a feel for them... "Will you ever learn" may showcase their talents more than any other track they offer.

BTW the magazine I'm working for is Get'em magazine.

Love the music, dislike the lead singer's voice enough that it's a distraction.

so, nothing for one eared geezers?

Since you brought it up here is some Springsteen

not many know that he wrote that song

one of a few instances IMO where the cover outdid the original.

I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I've always like his original better on that one.