Bills need some FAs to get serious

The O Line personnel is still a joke. Faneca would help and Flozell too. also Henderson the NT. To be taken seriously, the Bills have a long way to go. But yeah another 5 year rebuild - yeah right. Until Woilson cracks the wallet to start an uphill movement, jus treading water until the move.

And what would be the point of getting them right now though?

To help us win maybe 1-2 extra games this year, only to watch them leave after 2 seasons?

I highly doubt that signing either one of these guys will help much. Maybe it will make you feel a little better after this season because of that extra win, but what about the next? And the next?

We're building for the future, so that we can be continually successful, and you do that by building a solid core through the draft, and THEN signing veterans to plug in a few holes here and there, WHEN YOU ARE COMPETITIVE. We aren't there yet, and it will be a wasted to sign them. In the end, it will only hurt our rebuilding process. I'm getting really tired of this "WIN NOW" philosophy that we're in. If we're patient, we'll start seeing results.

Building through the draft is the way to go. For stop gap - I'd sign Flozell Adams if he wanted to come here. That's all the FA I would do for now.

disagree on Adams. As Schlereth recently said "Flozell Adams 'retired' 2 seasons ago". he is only after a big paycheck to do very little work, and I believe would become a cancer on our young line and in our young locker room.

i understand how thin we are right now at Tackle, but i think bringing in Adams only creates more problems, and may not solve any.

The O Line personnel is still a joke. Faneca would help and Flozell too. also Henderson the NT. To be taken seriously, the Bills have a long way to go. But yeah another 5 year rebuild - yeah right. Until Woilson cracks the wallet to start an uphill movement, jus treading water until the move.

You mean besides the 14 FAs they signed w/in an hour after the draft, including...

Sean Allen, C, East Carolina, 6'3"/308 lbs

Cordaro Howard, G, Georgia Tech, 6'4"/315 lbs

Kyle Mutcher, C/G, Weber State, 6'3"/292 lbs

Jorge Guerra, LT, Texas A&M, 6'3"/302 lbs

Henderson is a DT and not a NT, same as Stroud

Where do you want Faneca to play? Bills need a tackle not a guard

Well I don't see the Bills doing it through the draft either? Are they using imagineering?

Spiller = this years TO, a move to sell tickets. Even if they had traded Lynch it would have been treading water; no real improvement. To me looks like another Magahee move - ooo look how smart Nix is he took the best player available. Left tackle is one of the top 8 positions a team needs to good at, to be a contender.

LT, QB, WR, RB on offense

RDE, NT, ILB, CB on defense

Bills helped themselves in 1 spot NT. Have good CB. ILB is passable.

Now maybe going to the 3-4 gave them a passrushing outside LB which can make up for a weak RDE pass rush. So defense is probably good enough to be middlin. But not much depth.

Offense: Spiller I don't think helps much. Had 2 good RBs now have 3. LT - no one. QB journeymen, WR no one that can dominate. So Spiller is flashy but no substance.

From those 8 spots I see no one that can take control of a game. So the Bills need to go out and find bodies that can do that for a couple games or so this season. Stars on the decline can do that for $. Cheap owner means it aint gonna happen. So Bills are doomed to another season of poor play. I would not even say mediocrity. Door mat of the AFC east. looks like a 4-12 season. Good luck with draft picks for the next 2 years. Gonna need them. Oh, and by then, the folks drafted this week are gonna be leaving - so rebuild is never done. If I had any Bills memorabilia left I would be stuffing it in the trash can.

I know BANG - door hitting me on the way out. Wish i could quit cold turkey!

:thumbsup:

I think they should pursue Faneca. The guy's a veteran and could help some of these rookies and send-year kids, and he'll also play with a chip on his shoulder because the Jets cut him. If you think he's too old, just look back at the contributions guys like Conrad Dobler, Isiah Robertson and Phil Villapiano made to the team. This team needs leadership more than anything.

Well I don't see the Bills doing it through the draft either? Are they using imagineering?

Spiller = this years TO, a move to sell tickets. Even if they had traded Lynch it would have been treading water; no real improvement. To me looks like another Magahee move - ooo look how smart Nix is he took the best player available. Left tackle is one of the top 8 positions a team needs to good at, to be a contender.

LT, QB, WR, RB on offense

RDE, NT, ILB, CB on defense

Bills helped themselves in 1 spot NT. Have good CB. ILB is passable.

Now maybe going to the 3-4 gave them a passrushing outside LB which can make up for a weak RDE pass rush. So defense is probably good enough to be middlin. But not much depth.

Offense: Spiller I don't think helps much. Had 2 good RBs now have 3. LT - no one. QB journeymen, WR no one that can dominate. So Spiller is flashy but no substance.

From those 8 spots I see no one that can take control of a game. So the Bills need to go out and find bodies that can do that for a couple games or so this season. Stars on the decline can do that for $. Cheap owner means it aint gonna happen. So Bills are doomed to another season of poor play. I would not even say mediocrity. Door mat of the AFC east. looks like a 4-12 season. Good luck with draft picks for the next 2 years. Gonna need them. Oh, and by then, the folks drafted this week are gonna be leaving - so rebuild is never done. If I had any Bills memorabilia left I would be stuffing it in the trash can.

I know BANG - door hitting me on the way out. Wish i could quit cold turkey!

:thumbsup:

????

Henderson is a DT and not a NT, same as Stroud

Where do you want Faneca to play? Bills need a tackle not a guard

I think they could use a guard. Hangartner is a weak spot at center.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wood at Center and a solid talent at guard.

We're not going to build this team with FA's... That's the recipe that helped us stay in the cellar.

We're building through the draft mainly with a few pickups, but don't expect this team to make any big FA moves. They rarely help