Vote of Confidence in Edwards

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were referring to this post just to refresh your memory, since you can't seem to page back on your own or remember what was posted:

You posted: Man I hope he is wrong on that one. It's clear to me that Trent Edwards has no fire in the belly and he absolutely sucks in bad weather. In the end it really doesn't matter since neither guy is the long term answer.

I posted: Why, because he doesn't scream and throw tantrums, or get in his teammates faces all the time?

Some of the best QB's that ever played the game were very low key and led by example on the football field.

You replied: Time to start calling you on some of your ramblings.

Name some of these Trent-esque QBs.

My reply: I'll name one and he's arguably the best QB that ever played the game, Nicknamed "Joe Cool" for his calm demeanor on and off the field, Montana led his team to 4 Superbowls.

Thanks for doing the homework and proving I was right! :thumbsup:

B-)

Guest dog14787
one thing about dog, he'll go to war for a guy he backs.

For a player that goes to war for the team and gives it everything he's got,

your doggon right I will. :thumbsup:

It was a smart decision by Nix and Gailey to go with Trent as the starter in 2010. I think that it makes a lot of sense to give him one last chance, especially with a young team that is rebuilding.

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked. Fitzy was the better player to deal with the protection breakdowns and still go through the progressions.

But Nix and Gailey discounted the disaster of 2009 and focus instead on mid-2007 and early 2008 (including the Chargers game after his concussion) when Trent showed that he can be a top-10 NFL quarterback. He reacted to struggles by throwing coaches under the bus and that hurt him with teammates and led turds like Donte Whitner to jump all over him. That doesn't matter now because those coaches are gone and the losers like Whitner may soon be following them.

Trent could be gone in a year, but at least Gailey will have seen what he needs to see to make that call. He is almost certainly our 2010 starter.

This is a guy who was beaten out by Fitzy last year. A guy who has proven throughout his careeer in both the pros and college that he can't stay healthy for a full season. A guy who is uninspiring and lacks any type of leadership qualities. A guy who can't throw the ball down the middle of the field or towards the hashes. A guy who never has put together a full season showing any type of consistency.

Sounds like he fits perfictly in the Bills loooooooooooooong term makeover.

Buffalo Bills for playoffs in 2016!!!!! :thumbsup:

If any of the quarterbacks on the roster have any chance at all of succeeding in the NFL, it is Edwards. True he was terrible last year, but not quite as terrible as the offensive line which didn't exist to block for him. I am one who wished they had drafted one of the top quarterbacks in the draft, but I do think there is still a chance, maybe slim, that Edwards if blocked for and given a few weapons could succeed. I don't think there is any doubt that he has the smarts to play the position, he has been over tentative, which could be at least in part to the stampeded of defenders that were in the Bills' backfield almost every play. Since they failed to replace him, Gailey needs to let him start all 16 games if he is healthy enough to do so, and determine once and for all if he can handle it, although without improving the line, they might never find out. If Ralphie gets involved like he did last year (Jauron wanted to play Edwards-which led to his firing during the season, instead of at the end of it), and pressures the coach into playing musical QBs, and playing Noodle Arm Fitz because he doesn't like Edwards, this team will never improve. Everyone knows what they are getting with Fitz, a barely serviceable backup. Everyone knows what they are getting with Brohm-Not Much, but he probably won't be around anyway with the Bills drafting a project QB, who will be the #3. I like Edwards, think he has potential, but he needs to prove it now and hope that Nix puts some talent around him before he is crippled.

What about one that isn't even a fan of his own team?

That is so stupid, and over written about on this board. It is a players job to play and a fans job to be a fan. What is he supposed to do? Leave the stadium with a big foam finger on and one of the red and blue rubber fan masks? I don't see Dan Marino walk around with a Chad Henne jersey on?

I'll name one and he's arguably the best QB that ever played the game, Nicknamed "Joe Cool" for his calm demeanor on and off the field, Montana led his team to 4 Superbowls.

Comparing Edwards to Montana? Some sort of joke?

FYI: Montana earned his moniker (Joe Cool) because he was calm under pressure. He was not easily rattled. When his pass protection broke down, he moved around, sometimes delivering a pass with a defender in his face knowing full well he was going to be drilled.

And you are comparing him to Trent Edwards? Seriously?

Sorry, I want a Trent-esque type QB.

One that does not communicate with his teammates, but one that spends his time on the sidelines, alone, "contemplating" (as you once put it).

And while you attempted to answer the first question, you never bothered to answer the second question:

I want to see some proof of Trent's "fire", proof that he gives 110% on every play.

From my perspective, Trent looks like a poor man's version of Jeff George.

He has the ability to play the game, so he does. Other than that, he could give a rats ass.

He would prefer to win, but if he losses, so what. He still earns a paycheck.

I think you nailed it .

Trent has ONE more chance to show what he can do. But after the Cleveland game last year he lost me. No way we should lose at home to the Browns 2 yrs. in a row.

But I'm willing to see what The Chan can do with him or Brohm. I hope it is an open competition like Nix and Chan have been saying and so far they have not lied to us.

That Cleveland game, with sustained winds over 30 mph, was no game to judge a QB...or a kicker. I'm with you on the rest.

If Fitz is our starter, we're F'd.

That is so stupid, and over written about on this board. It is a players job to play and a fans job to be a fan. What is he supposed to do? Leave the stadium with a big foam finger on and one of the red and blue rubber fan masks? I don't see Dan Marino walk around with a Chad Henne jersey on?

No it's not.

D. Talley said he was a player and a "fan".

Being a "fan" means giving a sh*t about the performance and outcome.

Edwards knows damn well what it means to be a fan, as he is fan of the Dodgers.

Even acknowledges he might be overly critical of them.

It was a simple question.

Amazingly enough, the same question was presented to Owens. Owens responded with "probably".

A football team needs leaders on the field and that typically comes from the QB position.

But, yeah, having a guy that does the minimum, punches the clock, and jets out the door at 4:58 so as not to miss his tee time is exactly that sort of guy. :thumbsup:

I totally agree that Trent Edwards deserves a shot.....remember week 1? Remember how he performed when he had a line that blocked for him? Remember 2 seasons ago, he lead us to 1 of 3 teams with undefeated records and you saw him on ESPN, etc....he did not just become bad over night.....lets give him a chance. More so than Brian Brohm, I am interested in what Levi brings to the table

Comparing Edwards to Montana? Some sort of joke?

FYI: Montana earned his moniker (Joe Cool) because he was calm under pressure. He was not easily rattled. When his pass protection broke down, he moved around, sometimes delivering a pass with a defender in his face knowing full well he was going to be drilled.

And you are comparing him to Trent Edwards? Seriously?

Sorry, I want a Trent-esque type QB.

One that does not communicate with his teammates, but one that spends his time on the sidelines, alone, "contemplating" (as you once put it).

And while you attempted to answer the first question, you never bothered to answer the second question:

I want to see some proof of Trent's "fire", proof that he gives 110% on every play.

From my perspective, Trent looks like a poor man's version of Jeff George.

He has the ability to play the game, so he does. Other than that, he could give a rats ass.

He would prefer to win, but if he losses, so what. He still earns a paycheck.

Beautifully put. He may say that he loves football, but I just don't see any evidence of it.

Guest dog14787
Beautifully put. He may say that he loves football, but I just don't see any evidence of it.

:thumbsup: Are you fellas related

Guest dog14787
No it's not.

D. Talley said he was a player and a "fan".

Being a "fan" means giving a sh*t about the performance and outcome.

Edwards knows damn well what it means to be a fan, as he is fan of the Dodgers.

Even acknowledges he might be overly critical of them.

It was a simple question.

Amazingly enough, the same question was presented to Owens. Owens responded with "probably".

Seriously, go back and listen to the interview, TE was asked to give an answer from a fans perspective.

A 3rd grader could comprehend why Trent Edwards would answer, "I'm not a fan, you will have to ask them that question",

so why can't you?

The guy was horrendous last year. I get that. I watched the games. But he was put in an impossible situation with decision to gut the offensive line and the total chaos surrounding the strategic direction of the offense. He was shell-shocked.

He's not shell-shocked. He's a player that will do anything to protect against damage to his knees and legs.