National Guard may be called into Chicago

The more we try to fix things the worse things get...that's why the cure for everything is freedom...people let fear and hope get in the way of action...the less gun control laws you have the less gun violence you have right?...I don't know...seems ridiculous that gun control is something people actually lobby for...when the most violence is concentrated in big cities...having NOTHING to do with gun control one way or the other...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever come Chicago? As much as it has it's warts... It is an amazing city. Of course there are incidents.. Like the tourist that got stabbed along the river... But heck, you can get that walking in BFLO in 1973 (true story... I had a relative get knifed in BFLO, didn't even notice till he got home and opened his coat and saw all the blood!).

Sure times aren't well... But the city is getting by... Still thriving and always will be. I tell people all the time when they complain... I say come to BFLO... You will see a real war torn wreck/shell of a city.

So he didn't see himself getting stabbed...and he didn't feel it either. Suuuuuure.

Well, you know how those illegal immigrants cause an increase in violent crime...

I worked with a guy who killed his wife and kids then killed himself in jail by slitting his own throat. Oh I've worked with some doozies over the years.

So he didn't see himself getting stabbed...and he didn't feel it either. Suuuuuure.

I knew someone who got stabbed in the stomach. He didn't realize it as first, as it is a burning pain, not a "stabbing" pain like a broken bone.

It is a terrific city, but the politics of the entire state are astoundingly bad. Illinois has a long history of corruption and some of the leftmost nuts are in office here or have been in office here. Obama, Durbin, Burris, Blago, Jackson Jr., Stroger, Guttierez, Rostenkowski, Emanuel, Ryan and Bobby Rush come to mind. We could easily quadruple the list if we put our mind to it.

If it is so bad... The why does it "work." What happened to BFLO, same thing there... Why did they collapse.

And there in lies your beef... It "works."

Look at this whole Michigan thing and Illinois with the lake... They are in the economic crapper and now they want to take others down out of jealousy.

What is great about Chicago... Is that is makes everybody else jealous and feel inferior because they "get it down." of course not without collateral damage too... :rolleyes:

More of your BS. During Prohibition, crimes dropped - especially the ones connected with alcohol consumption...the domestic beatings, the petty thefts and on and on. Talk with people who lived back then.

Stick around. I'm waiting to hear your carping when your fleet of 4WD vehicles are declared enemies of the State, and are heavily taxed...

Ya... I did... My parents grew up in the 1930's and 1940's. The temperance do-gooders got twhat yo said in the 1920's at the start... Then the rise of org. crime. Crime skyrocketed and the whole prohibition thing blew up in the do-gooders face.

We would be a lot better off without the rise of org. crime.

lol.."Just take my word for it cause I know". I mean my parents grew up in the depression and they never mentioned it and my father just shakes his head now. Anyway, I'm not talking about B&E's, petty theft and muggings. I'm talking violent crime.

My parent's grew up during the same period... And it was pretty rough what especially my father says. Where did your father grow up in?

Ever hear of:

Leopold and Loeb