National Guard may be called into Chicago

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I guess the liberal reasoning would be there is no "hope". But I don't think there was this level of crime during the "Great Depression" was there? Or during WW2? Then there was actually a reason to have no hope. Now, with our totally awesome "Hope & Change" fearless leader I thought everything was cool? Puzzled out here on the left coast.

Impossible. Chicago has the most restrictive gun laws in the US. The criminals can't have guns right?

Oh I forgot. Blame South Carolina for its "easy access to guns" Illinois is the most screwed up state in the union, and guess where our great helmsman learned his trade?

They'll win the "War on Gun Violence" right after the "War on Drugs" and "War on Terror". I think the most awesome thing is that they try to use the same failing techniques in each instance.

Why? I guess the liberal reasoning would be there is no "hope". But I don't think there was this level of crime during the "Great Depression" was there? Or during WW2? Then there was actually a reason to have no hope. Now, with our totally awesome "Hope & Change" fearless leader I thought everything was cool? Puzzled out here on the left coast.

Wrong. Yes there was, much more. Kidnapping was one of the top crimes in the 1930's. The news didn't get our like it does today. Stats were not kept. Crime was rampant.

This must be a fake story. Not too long ago, President Obama cleaned up the streets of Chicago with his legendary community organizing. This is why he was qualified to become President of the United States. It was because of the great job he did in Chicago's communities early in his career. The democratic party has been in control of Chicago since forever and they clearly know what they're doing, right? Same thing with the city of Detroit. They're democratically controlled and are indeed thriving. I can't wait till Obama is done transforming this country into the very image of Chicago.

This must be a fake story. Not too long ago, President Obama cleaned up the streets of Chicago with his legendary community organizing. This is why he was qualified to become President of the United States. It was because of the great job he did in Chicago's communities early in his career. The democratic party has been in control of Chicago since forever and they clearly know what they're doing, right? Same thing with the city of Detroit. They're democratically controlled and are indeed thriving. I can't wait till Obama is done transforming this country into the very image of Chicago.

Ever come Chicago? As much as it has it's warts... It is an amazing city. Of course there are incidents.. Like the tourist that got stabbed along the river... But heck, you can get that walking in BFLO in 1973 (true story... I had a relative get knifed in BFLO, didn't even notice till he got home and opened his coat and saw all the blood!).

Sure times aren't well... But the city is getting by... Still thriving and always will be. I tell people all the time when they complain... I say come to BFLO... You will see a real war torn wreck/shell of a city.

Ever come Chicago? As much as it has it's warts... It is an amazing city. Of course there are incidents.. Like the tourist that got stabbed along the river... But heck, you can get that walking in BFLO in 1973 (true story... I had a relative get knifed in BFLO, didn't even notice till he got home and opened his coat and saw all the blood!).

Sure times aren't well... But the city is getting by... Still thriving and always will be. I tell people all the time when they complain... I say come to BFLO... You will see a real war torn wreck/shell of a city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York

Government...

"Buffalo has been dominated by the Democratic Party for the last half-century"

:)

BTW, yes I've been to Chicago. The city itself is fine, what might be considered a problem are those darn "organized communities" surrounding the city which are in such rough of shape that they apparently need the assistance of the National Guard. Obama really did an amazing job there.

It is a terrific city, but the politics of the entire state are astoundingly bad. Illinois has a long history of corruption and some of the leftmost nuts are in office here or have been in office here. Obama, Durbin, Burris, Blago, Jackson Jr., Stroger, Guttierez, Rostenkowski, Emanuel, Ryan and Bobby Rush come to mind. We could easily quadruple the list if we put our mind to it.

Wrong. Yes there was, much more. Kidnapping was one of the top crimes in the 1930's. The news didn't get our like it does today. Stats were not kept. Crime was rampant.

So in review: there is no reported evidence or stats that crime was rampant in the '30s, but it was. Much more than we see today.

Awesome.

So in review: there is no reported evidence or stats that crime was rampant in the '30s, but it was. Much more than we see today.

Awesome.

I'd just like to add that I bang a LOT more Playboy centerfolds nowadays than I did 20 years ago. I have no evidence or stats to prove it...but we all know it's true.

Awesome.

lol.."Just take my word for it cause I know". I mean my parents grew up in the depression and they never mentioned it and my father just shakes his head now. Anyway, I'm not talking about B&E's, petty theft and muggings. I'm talking violent crime.

Impossible. Chicago has the most restrictive gun laws in the US. The criminals can't have guns right?

Oh I forgot. Blame South Carolina for its "easy access to guns" Illinois is the most screwed up state in the union, and guess where our great helmsman learned his trade?

"But having a gun makes you more likely to be a victim"

BS-Tell that to Lance Thomas.

More of your BS. During Prohibition, crimes dropped - especially the ones connected with alcohol consumption...the domestic beatings, the petty thefts and on and on. Talk with people who lived back then.

Stick around. I'm waiting to hear your carping when your fleet of 4WD vehicles are declared enemies of the State, and are heavily taxed...