Jets restructure Gholston's contract - after only two years.

Link

Rex Ryan, who confirmed the move Saturday in his post-draft news conference, said Gholston at defensive end "will give us the opportunity to be more athletic at the position." In reality, it puts Gholston one step closer to the door.

Gholston was the sixth overall choice in 2008, and signed a five-year contract with $21 million in guarantees. So far, it looks like one of the worst contracts in recent history. In two seasons, he has yet to record a sack.

I remember a lot of people here really liked him.

Ah yes, the Jets version of Aaron Maybin.

Let's not mention the first round gaffes of the Bills over the past several seasons... a virtual bust factory, and aside from Maybin a list that includes Mike Williams, JP Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Marshawn Lynch. And, to add insult, the Bills could have drafted Mangold instead of McCargo.

If your backyard ain't clean, don't poke fun at the yard down the street.

Ah yes, the Jets version of Aaron Maybin.

Let's not mention the first round gaffes of the Bills over the past several seasons... a virtual bust factory, and aside from Maybin a list that includes Mike Williams, JP Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Marshawn Lynch. And, to add insult, the Bills could have drafted Mangold instead of McCargo.

If your backyard ain't clean, don't poke fun at the yard down the street.

Yeah, Gholston is the only mistake they've made. :wallbash:

Whitner is better than Gholston, Lynch's first two seasons were 1,000 yard rushing seasons, Maybin has played one year and the vast majority of thinking people know he is a project and Losman was better than Gholston. Think before you post about supposed mistakes.

I never said the Bills were perfect, this was about Gholston and somehow I offended a Jets fan. I really don't care.

BTW, Maybin has done more in one year than Gholston has done in two.

Link

Rex Ryan, who confirmed the move Saturday in his post-draft news conference, said Gholston at defensive end "will give us the opportunity to be more athletic at the position." In reality, it puts Gholston one step closer to the door.

Gholston was the sixth overall choice in 2008, and signed a five-year contract with $21 million in guarantees. So far, it looks like one of the worst contracts in recent history. In two seasons, he has yet to record a sack.

I remember a lot of people here really liked him.

It's a chance for him. He was terrific at DE in college, and awful when switched to LB in the pros. Returning him to a position he's fairly well built-for is maybe a very good idea.