Who are going to be the biggest busts of the first round

The Biggest busts of the first round in the 2010 draft will be...  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice of picks 1-16

• Sam Bradford QB
    • Ndamukong Suh DT
    • Gerald McCoy DT
    • Trent Williams OT
    • Eric Berry SS
    • Russell Okung OT
    • Joe Haden CB
    • Rolando McClain LB
    • CJ Spiller RB
    • Tyson Alualu DE
    • Anthony Davis OT
    • Ryan Matthews RB
    • Brandon Graham DE
    • Earl Thomas SS
    • Jason Pierre Paul DE
    • Derrick Morgan DE
  2. 2. Make your choice 16-32

• Mike Iupati OG
    • Maurkice Pouncey C
    • Sean Weatherspoon LB
    • Kareem Jackson CB
    • Jermaine Gresham TE
    • Demayrius Thomas WR
    • Bryan Bulaga OT
    • Dez Bryant WR
    • Tim Tebow QB
    • Dan Williams DT
    • Devin McCourty CB
    • Jared Odrick DT
    • Kyle Wilson CB
    • Jahvid Best RB
    • Jerry Hughes DE
    • Patrick Robinson CB

There are some tough choices here. In the first 16 these guys are the ones I see with bigtime bust potential;

Trent Williams: Lacks the love of the game, is lazy and doesn't seem to care about conditioning. Reminds me of Mike Williams.

Jason Pierre-Paul: He is much more athlete than football player, IMO.

Ryan Matthews: He's a college football one year wonder.

In the second 16 there are a couple to pick from:

Dez Bryant: Has a TON of talent and his transgression with Deion Sanders doesn't bother me at all. The problem I see is that he's a me first type of guy who doesn't respect the game. I'm skeptical that Dallas has the leaders to keep him in line. He would be much less of a risk, IMO, if he had been drafted by a team with strong leaders like the Colts, Ravens or Patriots.

Dan Williams: Poor conditioning and weight fluctuations have plagued him in his college career and is sort of a one year wonder.

I am NOT picking Tim Tebow out of the second round because he is such a competitor and hard worker. The guys who seem to bust are the lazy guys who really don't take the game seriously, Mike Williams can ya hear me? Tebow also isn't expected to do much this year and so I don't think qualifies.

For the first sixteen I'm going with Trent Williams because he reminds me a lot of Mike Williams. The Mike Williams comparison also includes his being drafted fourth overall and of course the last name Williams.

For the second sixteen I'm gonna go with Dan Williams. He has a lot less talent than Bryant.

The guys who seem to bust to me are the guys who are unmotivated. Why teams take risks with these guys is beyond me.

In the second round the two that stand out are Jimmy Clausen and Terrance Cody. Cody is in the perfect situation for himself. If the leaders in the Ravens lockerroom can't keep him motivated and in shape then nobody can. Clausen just comes across as a Ryan Leaf dickhead. JMO

Could somebody please tell me the logic behind voting for Spiller?

You didn't define a timeframe. But if people are looking at this season it's not too hard to figure. We are not going to have any passing game to speak of. So our offense will consist mainly of runs/screens/dump-offs. CJ has talent to be sure, but he seems to be a back that when given a seam, can scat through and make yardage. He does not seem to be a run it up the gut or break tackles kind of a guy (lacks size, not heart). With teams being able to key on the short game and our O-line, seams could be hard to come by.

Will he be a bust 3 or 4 years from now when we are post-rebuild (please GOD)? Doubtful unless he gets too damaged in the next couple seasons.

Could somebody please tell me the logic behind voting for Spiller?

He plays for the Bills. :thumbsup:

I think Pierre-Paul has the highest bust potential in the top group and Teblow is the obvious choice in the 2d.

You didn't define a timeframe. But if people are looking at this season it's not too hard to figure. We are not going to have any passing game to speak of. So our offense will consist mainly of runs/screens/dump-offs. CJ has talent to be sure, but he seems to be a back that when given a seam, can scat through and make yardage. He does not seem to be a run it up the gut or break tackles kind of a guy (lacks size, not heart). With teams being able to key on the short game and our O-line, seams could be hard to come by.

Will he be a bust 3 or 4 years from now when we are post-rebuild (please GOD)? Doubtful unless he gets too damaged in the next couple seasons.

His abilities as a returner and his ability to receive and his ability to get outside will keep him far from busting. JMO. The people voting for him are the same people who think the Bills draft was horrible because they didn't take an OT until the 5th round. JMO

It seems they want him to bust so they can do an "I told you so".