Are we all sure it will be Edwards?

PS 56

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...nfl&id=4672 (in particular Chris Mortensen's tweet)

There has been a lot of angst written about the fact that we did not select a quarterback in this draft. But seriously, could any of the quarterbacks available to us in the draft been starters? I just wonder whether or not our starting quarterback this season will be Brian Brohm. He was such a highly touted draft candidate when picked up in the second by GreenBay a few years back. Could Gailey turn him into the starter we need? Could he evolve to become our franchise quarterback?

Yes, he was awful in his one appearance last year, but could anyone have done better with only two weeks on the team?

Just thought I would throw this out for discussion.... <_<

I am hoping that Brohm gets a chance. I think he is the best bet on this team. Its funny how a guy that was projected as a junior to be a top 10 pick drops the following year and then with him sitting behind Rodgers in Green Bay he is expendable.

So...now he has a shot to impress in preseason and win the job. I am rooting for him and not Trent Edwards

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...nfl&id=4672 (in particular Chris Mortensen's tweet)

There has been a lot of angst written about the fact that we did not select a quarterback in this draft. But seriously, could any of the quarterbacks available to us in the draft been starters? I just wonder whether or not our starting quarterback this season will be Brian Brohm. He was such a highly touted draft candidate when picked up in the second by GreenBay a few years back. Could Gailey turn him into the starter we need? Could he evolve to become our franchise quarterback?

Yes, he was awful in his one appearance last year, but could anyone have done better with only two weeks on the team?

Just thought I would throw this out for discussion.... <_<

I think we can take Gailey at his word. All three will get a shot to step up and become the starter. If Edwards can return to the guy he was before that concussion, then I give him the early edge to win the job. I think we pretty much know what we get from Fitz. An intelligent guy with an average arm and probably a career backup. Brohm is a wildcard. We really don't know what we will get from him.He was highly touted but fell out of favor in Greenbay. Maybe this is a much needed fresh start for him.

Brohm was put in a bad spot last year I don''t think he was awful but he sure didnt get any help from the run game that day.

shows you how much faith Perry had in Edwards...none

We did draft Levi Brown BTW in he 7th.

agreed.

i have a feeling that it will be brohm or brown starting with the other being pegged as #2 and fitz as the 3rd - training camp should be a hoot for the qb competition

Chan Gailey said it was an OPEN COMPETITION. The best guy starts. Edwards has the most experience, and probably the most talent, but who know if he's too scrambled to be effective.

I have no expectations as to who it's going to be, but I have confidence that they will the best player.

The good thing is Gailey should have an open mind and fairly evaluate all 4 of them and pick who he thinks is the best.

The better thing is that 3 seasons from now, whoever is the starter now won't be then.

He will evaluate three. He will be developing the fourth guy. There is no way troy brown is in the mix for starting. He's a project. Hopefully one that pans out.

Just thought I would throw this out for discussion.... :unsure:

I like the timeline.

March 23

Open competition among all 3 QB with 4th possibly drafted

April 9

Mort has hinted Bills are ready to wash their hands of Edwards

My guess?

Gailey finally watched game film of Edwards and came to realization he could not compensate for kitty.