QB vs LT Holy War Revisited

PDaDdy

I was a part of many discussions regarding this subject. Isn't ironic that NEITHER position was really addressed? Yes I know we drafted some late round fodder. We still don't have a QB for this team and and although I was really happy with the Ed Wang pick, he is probably not going to fix the O-line problems week 1.

Apparently we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle again at the LT position instead of drafting a talented high pick. Unless Chan is a genius on the offensive side of the ball we are potentially looking at yet another year of mediocrity with the QBs currently on our roster.

I was a part of many discussions regarding this subject. Isn't ironic that NEITHER position was really addressed? Yes I know we drafted some late round fodder. We still don't have a QB for this team and and although I was really happy with the Ed Wang pick, he is probably not going to fix the O-line problems week 1.

Apparently we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle again at the LT position instead of drafting a talented high pick. Unless Chan is a genius on the offensive side of the ball we are potentially looking at yet another year of mediocrity with the QBs currently on our roster.

But there were no talented high picks, Anthony Davis is too big an attitude risk and Bulaga fell to 23 for a reason. Selecting either at 9 would have been unwise.

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, there were no guaranteed fixes for QB and LT this year, even IF they'd had a shot at Williams or Okung. Most of the rookie LT's struggled last year, as did the QB's. This year's crop was weaker in both areas by far.

Guest dog14787

Levitre's a natural at LT and had a breakout season his senior year at the LT position.

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, there were no guaranteed fixes for QB and LT this year, even IF they'd had a shot at Williams or Okung. Most of the rookie LT's struggled last year, as did the QB's. This year's crop was weaker in both areas by far.

Agree. They took the best player available, hands down. We've been reaching to fill holes for years now; its about time we took the best player available at any position, instead of reaching or trading up for need.

I know that we didn't really have a shot at a really good LT in the 1st unless we moved up. I am actually really happy with the CJ Spiller pick. I KNOW we have bigger needs but I have and will always be a big supporter of the FAST RB philosophy. Spiller is ridiculous fast. I mean rare speed amongst rare speed. On TOP of that he has the talent, athleticism and PRODUCTION to go with it in all 3 phases of the game.

I know draft grades and ratings are the most speculative right now and it is indeed difficult to judge but our draft goes from a C+ to an A- if we just accepted the gift that fell in our lap which could have been Claussen in the second. I have no bias regarding colleges and who came from where and what kind of strength of schedule they have. Claussen is pro ready today. I have little doubt in my mind that he would have been the starter by years end. Nothing we could have done about Roger Saffold who St Louis smartly grabbed at the top of round 2 to try to help keep Bradford on his feet. The guy is raw as hell but Bruce Campbell was litterally 15 seconds away from being available to us in the 4th. DAMN RAIDERS!

This draft is being panned by the masses, but I believe it was very well thought out. There were no elite QB's or LT's in the draft this year, so why reach? Let the cards fall where they may. We should be in good position to grab a topshelf QB candidate next draft and they will have a better feeling if Bell has the potential to be an LT in this league.

Good things come to those who wait!