The QB with the most job security is Fitzpatrick

Guest dog14787
Your making up excuses.

Aaron Rodgers line in Green Bay sucked at the beginning of the season but he still made plays.

Drew Brees is what 6'1 at best? He can throw over the line just fine.

I know QB is not an easy job. But if you suck you suck and Trent has regressed instead of getting better. And we play in the AFC east where all the teams play the 3-4 and Trent still cant figure it out after 3 yrs.

Last month I asked Can Chan save Edwards. Look it up it got lots of replies. I have my doubts and still do. If Chan can make Edwards a better QB then mark him down as coach of the year right the !@#$ now.

You do realize it took Drew Brees 3 seasons before he finally started figuring it out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize it took Drew Brees 3 seasons before he finally started figuring it out.

How dare you throwing logic on these people! They know everything about the QB position, the WR position and the inner workings of the Bills locker room. You are wasting your time.....

You do realize it took Drew Brees 3 seasons before he finally started figuring it out I hope.

Brees has Trent beat down in the leadership area, hope you figured that out . Drew would never say"I'm not a Saints fan, I'm a player"

Let's face it, Trent has not been the same player since that Cleveland game on Monday night. I don't know where his mojo is but Nix should call Austin Powers to help find it. <_<

Guest dog14787
Brees has Trent beat down in the leadership area, hope you figured that out . Drew would never say"I'm not a Saints fan, I'm a player"

Let's face it, Trent has not been the same player since that Cleveland game on Monday night. I don't know where his mojo is but Nix should call Austin Powers to help find it. <_<

Seriously, this again <_<

Seriously, this again <_<

ok ok lol

I really hope Chan can get Edwards to play better. I really do, but I just don't see it is all I'm saying. He is going to have to prove it to Bills nation all over again that he can be the guy.

And we have plenty of reason to doubt it. (see Cleveland game last year)

Guest dog14787
ok ok lol

I really hope Chan can get Edwards to play better. I really do, but I just don't see it is all I'm saying. He is going to have to prove it to Bills nation all over again that he can be the guy.

I hear that,

Its time for TE to step up to the plate and start delivering or step aside.

Are you trying to imply that Edwards is a coward? LOL

Since Trent has shown a lack of taking chances and throwing down field, yes.

Call his style of play anything you want:

chicken s**t

afraid

wussy

P***y

scared

coward

Any QB will suck without protection and I'm sure you realize that as well so sure, if it makes you happy,

TE sucked along with the rest of the team who also sucked just fine without him. :unsure:

It is perfectly fine that you like Trent; I think Trent is a decent kid, and it annoys me when some of the other posters have jumped all over some out-of-context sound bites. And I also think it is perfectly fair to believe that he has a good chance to win the job in an open competition. And I think an open fair competition is what we will be looking at.

The problem is the two things I highlighted: clearly some QBs suck more than others without protection; and clearly, Fitz deals with poor protection better than Trent...the rest of the team did not, in fact, suck just fine without him...it improved. And clearly, there isn't much reason to believe the protection will be vastly better this year. And quite frankly, I have long wondered (see: Buffalo Bills 1999/2000) why anyone would evaluate a QB based on a best case scenario, when the best case never happens. QBs are not yet wearing red "don't hit me" jerseys during actual games. They all are pressured, and they all get hit.

Kudos to the OP; it was a good post, and as usual was not greeted with the same level of reason and common sense that it in itself contained.

At least he isn't the kitty Edwards is. Edwards has Zero shot at the job if they really want to open the competition up

I disagree. Trent is an efficient QB with an average arm who just needs a coach to help him out. I don't buy into that stupid concussion talk. I think Chan will do a great job at "allowing his players to do what they do best" and get Trent's best.

We've seen a lot of anti-Fitzpatrick posts in the year he's been here, but of all the QBs, Fitzpatrick is the only one who is a sure thing to be on the opening day roster. Let's review each QBs competition & what each has to do to make the team.

Fitzpatrick-He's competing for 2 jobs, starter & #2. If he loses the starting job to either Edwards or Brohm, he's a lock for #2 and a roster spot. The reasons are: He has proven he can come in and win games when called upon. Last season, with no O-line and not much other talent around him, he was the QB who played the most in 5 of the team's 6 wins. He may not be the most accurate QB around, but he's smart & has guts (remember the Fewell comment after a win). He's also the perfect #2 as he can not only come in to win games, but he can be content on the sidelines and not be a distraction as he waits his turn. On a talented team he'd be as valuable as Frank Reich was in the Super Bowl era. Finally, he's the only QB from last season who is signed beyond 2010.

Edwards-His best chance is to win the starting job, otherwise he's in jeopardy of getting jettisoned. He has to battle both Fitzpatrick & Brohm for the #1 job. If he loses to Fitzpatrick, he has a decent shot of making the team as #2, since he has starting experience & will not be a total unknown if forced to start for a few weeks. If he loses the starting job to Brohm, then Edwards will not be on the team. He's not going to be #2 behind Brohm-Fitzpatrick is much better suited for that job since the Bills know Fitzpatrick can win games with virtually no O-line in front of him, something Edwards hasn't done. He's not in competition for the 3rd spot, for a rebuilding team, that's designed for a developmental QB who is not eligible for free agency at the end of the season.

Brohm-Like Edwards, Brohm's best shot is to win the #1 spot, otherwise he's in big trouble. Obviously he's on the roster if he grabs the starter's job, but he has to beat out both Edwards & Fitzpatrick, easier said than done. Both Edwards & Fitzpatrick have shown ability in real NFL games, something Brohm does not have on his resume. Now let's say he can't win the top spot, then he's probably toast. Your #2 is typically a veteran who has started in the past, or a relatively new high draft choice who you chose as your QB of the future. It is not usually a guy in his 3rd year who has started 1 game and the team has no idea what he can do in season. The reason he can win the starter's job but not #2 is because the Bills can gamble on giving him the starter's job, knowing if he fails they can put the guy who was at the helm 5 of 6 wins in 2009 back in there. They're not going into the fall with Fitzpatrick starting & two guys with one NFL start as his backups. Now lets say he isn't #1 or #2, then he's in the battle of his life against Levi Brown, that does not bode well for Brohm. Brohm has to be good enough to start, otherwise he's going up against Buddy's draft pick for the developmental job, a battle he's likely to lose.

Brown-After Fitzpatrick, he's the most likely to be on the roster next September. 1st off he's the Nix/Gailey pick and will be given every chance to make the team as a developmental player. His battle is either against nobody if Brohm is the starter or against Brohm for 3rd string if Brohm can't beat out both Fitzpatrick & Edwards for #1. Just like the Brohm supporters use the excuse that he wasn't picked up on waivers when GB cut him because the other teams liked their late round rookies after a full camp, that same situation works in Brown's potential battle with Brohm. If the Bills have a whole camp into Brown & he shows anything, they're not going to waive the guy. Some people think you can just put a late rounder on the practice squad. It's not that simple, you have to be willing to waive him 1st and if the Bills are as high on Brown as it appears they are, they're not waiving him. Now if comes to camp & shows nothing, then he's a wasted pick & will be waived anyway.

I can see you put alot of thought into being wrong.

It's going to be a four way battle for starter...if Brohm doesn't win starter...he's gone I think...you don't keep two project QBs on the roster and Levi will make it over Brohm because he's a draft pick this season...This season Edwards will win the starting job...he's a better QB than Fitzy...with the power running game and a screen small ball offensive game plan Edwards will dominate statistically...

Guest dog14787
It's going to be a four way battle for starter...if Brohm doesn't win starter...he's gone I think...you don't keep two project QBs on the roster and Levi will make it over Brohm because he's a draft pick this season...This season Edwards will win the starting job...he's a better QB than Fitzy...with the power running game and a screen small ball offensive game plan Edwards will dominate statistically...

I agree , our Glove wearing Mary/Captain Check down is Gailey's man.

With decent run blocking/ protection Spiller and Jackson makes Mary a real dangerous lady to deal with and then you have Nelson coming along and the emergence of the big target Easley coming into the picture plus the ever dangerous Evans and all of the sudden Buffalo is showing some talent on the offensive side of the ball.

ok ok lol

It's really saying something when you have a rep as Cleveland's Biotch. Is there another QB anywhere sporting an 0-3 record vs. the Browns??

Fitz will be the starter. Of the 4, he's best right now. I think this idea that they didn't take Clausen because they thought he was good but didn't want to pick because he'd be the franchise guy they picked etc. I think Coach Gailey is smart enough to know that in Buffalo you got 3, 31/2 years max to win. Why would he punt and play for draft position next year? If this is way he thinks, let's just fire him now and get it over with! I don't think Coach Gailey wants to rebuild for the next coach coming in.

He thinks he can build an offense with what we got. Looks that way to me. I could see it working. I just pray he's not counting on Trent. Even if you got a strong running game etc, you still gotta throw it downfield some to keep the defense honest.

Put me firmly in the Fitz column.