Was our Run D the biggest issue?

OK this is not a thread complaining about our draft at all. I thought our draft was real solid I grade it a B. Now Spiller was the first pick and it was Best Player Available. All in all however once Nix found his play maker in Spiller to add some sizzle to the offense he took his next two picks to fix up our Run D.

Troup is the anchor and Carrington will be a DE so our D-line is now much more suited to play the run in a 3-4. Now in the 4th we went offense but not on the O-line no we drafted Easley a Special teams pick up who adds a big body to our WR core still not addressing the O-line or QB. Then in the 5th round we got Wang. It took Nix until the 5th round to pick a lineman and honestly that shows to me that O-line wasn't a high priority. QB wasn't even picked until the 7th

Also in free agency Nix signed Green, Andre Davis, and Edwards two are Defensive front 7 players while another is a low-mid end RT. Now in free agency we signed one offensive Lineman and let a bunch of others go (Most besides Incognito did deserve to go).

So my point is was this a case of lets sink our picks and resources towards getting our Run-D/new 3-4 up and running effectively because getting O-lineman is much more expensive and LT's are hard to draft? Our was our Run-D the biggest issue plaguing the team? Was our O-line going to be much better just due to Wood, Levitre, and even Bell and Meridith getting more experience that we didn't need to draft starters but rather depth guys like Wang and Calloway?

I hope that it was more of a pick your battles situation rather then a philosophy of our O-line being fine or not as important. I hope in the next few weeks we make a move on Faneca to sure up our interior line. I really hope Nix sees the O-line as important but that there just wasn't a LT worth it at 9 and no LT to make an intimidate impact in round 2 or 3.

Despite all the hoopla that people try to push that the NFL is a passing league, the basic adage of run and stop still applies.

The Bills were not going to fix everything in 1 year. This year, they addressed stopping the run.

Hopefully, next year they focus on some road graders.

As bad as the defense was against the run...like 30th out of 32 teams, at least the defense against the pass was #2 and the Bills were 19th overall total defense.

The offense was 30th in total offense / yds per game, 30th in passing, 15th rushing.

So looking at it from a stat standpoint the Bills need to stop the run and pass the ball better. So this draft should help both areas. Spiller can play WR in the slot and they added some decent players to the new 3-4.