Buddy and Chan Recap

Gotta say that I really like the direction the Bills are heading. No reaches, no goofy a$$ trades to get into the first round and never batted an eye at that bust Claussen. Our defense got better and is gonna be good...and it better be in this division. :thumbsup:

Another interesting point, to me at least....

When evaluating the veracity of what someone tells you, you look for signs of truth or honesty that gives the individual credibility. If you listened closely, Nix gave us one of those moments.

When discussing draft grades, he made the statement that all the players they drafted had higher grades than when they took them. Now, that line is ripe for a BS flag to be thrown. However, Nix hesitates and excludes Spiller from this. There was no need to do that, especially if he was lying. Lie and let it ride if that is what he wanted to do.

So, that little off the cuff remark - made me believe that all these guys were picked where they thought they would be or later than they thought they would have lasted.

When evaluating the veracity of what someone tells you, you look for signs of truth or honesty that gives the individual credibility. If you listened closely, Nix gave us one of those moments.

When discussing draft grades, he made the statement that all the players they drafted had higher grades than when they took them. Now, that line is ripe for a BS flag to be thrown. However, Nix hesitates and excludes Spiller from this. There was no need to do that, especially if he was lying. Lie and let it ride if that is what he wanted to do.

So, that little off the cuff remark - made me believe that all these guys were picked where they thought they would be or later than they thought they would have lasted.

Excellent point, which is also affirmed by how quickly the Bills turned the card in with most of their picks. I think the strategy was simple: they probably only had a relatively modest list of draftable players with a draft-round projection for each of them. It would stand to reason that a player like, say, Clausen was never viewed as a viable option for whatever reason, which would explain why the team passed on him more than once.

Gotta say that I really like the direction the Bills are heading. No reaches, no goofy a$$ trades to get into the first round and never batted an eye at that bust Claussen. Our defense got better and is gonna be good...and it better be in this division. :thumbsup:

Got what might have been the best 3-4 NT in Troop and the best 3-4 run stuffing DE in Carrigan...what isn't to like about that?

Agreed. My BS meter tweaked a bit at first, but when he clarified with Spiller it subsided.

They both seem like pretty straight shooters. Gailey doesn't seem like he's afraid to point out deficiencies in players that need work.

Contrast that to the ducking shuck and jive that Jauron spewed out for the last five years. Players weren't held accountable, nobody was called out, excuses, excuses, excuses.

At least Gailey says it straight and that is incredibly refreshing. If a guy is good at one or two things and that's why they like him, well then. So be it. But it's nice to hear they also thing the guy can't do certain other things.

Agreed. My BS meter tweaked a bit at first, but when he clarified with Spiller it subsided.

They both seem like pretty straight shooters. Gailey doesn't seem like he's afraid to point out deficiencies in players that need work.

Agree with SDS about the credibility of Nix and I was skeptical also until he seemed to back up and clarify it with Spiller. I think we are going to see some pretty straight shooting press conferences this year. It appears that neither of these guys is going to hold back on an in-your-face-answer if you ask them a tough question.

It's a whole new atmosphere at OBD, something we haven't seen since Polian, IMO.