Illegal immigrants living in AZ

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a big a problem as people say...I am a working class guy that makes between 25-30k a year...with a family I don't pay federal taxes either...I get a tax return every year with EIC that actually pays me back plus some for all those federal taxes...they don't get returns...and they can't use SS or any other government programs...

Plus income taxes is less than 20 percent of the federal revenue

What do mean it's not that big of a deal. In an average sized county that's 100 million plus dollars that would not have to be spent educating people who are not hear legally. How many counties in this country could use an extra 100 million dollars or more?

They are here illegally and causing extra burdons on hospitals, county and state services that otherwise would not be spent. If you cram 25 people in a home and that home pays 4K a year in local property tax it doesn't make up for the 160K that the 16 illegal children are getting in education.

The cost to this country is burdonsome and likely results in at least 20% if not more in extra taxes for every person here. that means lost money for companies to invest, people to spend here in this country, the taxes that would be colected from legal means, and growth of small comapies as they have more to spend. Plus families would save thousands in local taxes that could be better spent on better education, or even lowering taxes and taking vacations.

What do mean it's not that big of a deal. In an average sized county that's 100 million plus dollars that would not have to be spent educating people who are not hear legally. How many counties in this country could use an extra 100 million dollars or more?

They are here illegally and causing extra burdons on hospitals, county and state services that otherwise would not be spent. If you cram 25 people in a home and that home pays 4K a year in local property tax it doesn't make up for the 160K that the 16 illegal children are getting in education.

The cost to this country is burdonsome and likely results in at least 20% if not more in extra taxes for every person here. that means lost money for companies to invest, people to spend here in this country, the taxes that would be colected from legal means, and growth of small comapies as they have more to spend. Plus families would save thousands in local taxes that could be better spent on better education, or even lowering taxes and taking vacations.

Doesn't that seem a bit harsh though?...lower taxes so we can vacation because we don't educate "thems illegals chuldrins"???...I don't know man...I think kids that come here and get education is fine considering that first generation immigrant children are 90 percent likely to stay in the country...they kind of become citizens don't they?...they don't go home...and then what about the hospitals?...they are full of everyone all the time...and the couple million immigrants isn't crap...it's like 1 percent at best...give me a break...the top one percent of our society steals FAR MORE than our bottom 1 percent...get over it...point the finger in the other direction for once...

Doesn't that seem a bit harsh though?...lower taxes so we can vacation because we don't educate "thems illegals chuldrins"???...I don't know man...I think kids that come here and get education is fine considering that first generation immigrant children are 90 percent likely to stay in the country...they kind of become citizens don't they?...they don't go home...and then what about the hospitals?...they are full of everyone all the time...and the couple million immigrants isn't crap...it's like 1 percent at best...give me a break...the top one percent of our society steals FAR MORE than our bottom 1 percent...get over it...point the finger in the other direction for once...

Why can't their own country educate those children? Why burden the already under performing system here. It hurts the children here as the teachers have to slow down or put extra programs (read extra money and lots of it) to educate a whole group of folks who are already breaking numerous laws and stealing from our economy.

Since when did the US become the world education system?

Why can't their own country educate those children? Why burden the already under performing system here. It hurts the children here as the teachers have to slow down or put extra programs (read extra money and lots of it) to educate a whole group of folks who are already breaking numerous laws and stealing from our economy.

Since when did the US become the world education system?

But it's okay for a nation to capitalize on another nations weak labor force?...what we "give" away to free education we MORE than recoup by using nations people to build things at ten cents a year

I BELIEVE...there was some laughter after the link DOLT...whatever dude...read what I ACTUALLY said MORON...or can you read whole chunks of statements?...

Ok, that's it, this place has been officially taken over by the freak parade.

Ok, that's it, this place has been officially taken over by the freak parade.

You wanted to call me a dolt...so I had to point out that the link was a joke and that the main point of the post you called me a dolt for was that what low end nondocumented immigrants "stole" in benefits is NOTHING compared to what the top one percent steals from the working class annually...

As spectacularly, foolishly incorrect as that SEIU story on BofA is, NOTHING I've ever seen here tops citing a Maoist web site in an argument about immigration policy? :cry::bag:

Really? You're a Maoist? The freakin' Chinese aren't even Maoists anymore.

You wanted to call me a dolt...so I had to point out that the link was a joke and that the main point of the post you called me a dolt for was that what low end nondocumented immigrants "stole" in benefits is NOTHING compared to what the top one percent steals from the working class annually...

You equated immigrants sending money to their home country to wealthy people getting big payouts because they "bank" that money. Yeah you're a dolt and I'm being very kind. What you're talking about now has nothing to do with our original argument.

You equated immigrants sending money to their home country to wealthy people getting big payouts because they "bank" that money. Yeah you're a dolt and I'm being very kind. What you're talking about now has nothing to do with our original argument.

My ENTIRE argument is that the money immigrants send home is NOTHING compared to the top one percent milking those very same immigrants...that the cost to go after these immigrants is a complete WASTE of money...there would be a very tiny benefit to the tax paying dude if they catch them ALL and send them home...that in comparison where all our other money is BLEEDING is much more detrimental than friggen immigrants for cripes sake...

My ENTIRE argument is that the money immigrants send home is NOTHING compared to the top one percent milking those very same immigrants...that the cost to go after these immigrants is a complete WASTE of money...there would be a very tiny benefit to the tax paying dude if they catch them ALL and send them home...that in comparison where all our other money is BLEEDING is much more detrimental than friggen immigrants for cripes sake...

You know who would think going after illegal immigrants is a worthy cause?

THE MEXICANS

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/28/polic...illegal-aliens/

– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

I love how people who don't live in the west and southwest and probably have never been here tell us who live here how we are wrong about illegal immigration.

live here for a whileand you will see we are not exaggerating.

Example:

Any Home Depot or Lowes- In Buffalo- no one standing out front.

In California-at least 50 illegals looking for work. If you go by and don't talk to one, they swear at you in Spanish.

I love how people who don't live in the west and southwest and probably have never been here tell us who live here how we are wrong about illegal immigration.

Example:

In California-at least 50 illegals looking for work. If you go by and don't talk to one, they swear at you in Spanish.

It's not that much different in DC.

You know who would think going after illegal immigrants is a worthy cause?

THE MEXICANS

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/28/polic...illegal-aliens/

– The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

Those immigration parameters hold true in so many different nations...that's the main b*tch I have...do not mistake me saying we should accept immigrants with open borders as mexicans are better than chinese or european immigrants...to me they are all the same, no matter where they come from...and they all contribute in thier own way...immigration makes our country stronger not weaker...and anyone who doesn't get that needs to read some books...and not the WSJ or TBD...real books...

Example:

I take it the side you would have rooted for lost the Civil War and the supremacy of states rights.

We could have had comprehensive immigration reform a couple years ago, but most of the Republicans in Congress wouldn't support Bush's proposal that had bipartisan support from Democrats and moderate Republicans like McCain, who's now changed his tune because he's being challenged by the right wing. Yet now they say that Arizona is taking action because Washington hasn't. And they even have the gall to then say that now is not the time for immigration reform. Friggin hypocrites. If not now, when?

I'd like to know what those who say the solution is to just close the border, round up all the illegals, and throw them out, propose to do with all the children of illegals who were born in the U.S. and therefore are American citizens? How are you going to round up the millions of illegals? Are you willing to pay more for food and services because Americans will have to take over the jobs the illegals currently do, and won't do it for the money the illegals get paid? And are you willing to pay to have a soldier or guardsman every 300 feet across the border to make sure nobody sneaks in? I hear the complaints, but not the practical solutions.

I take it the side you would have rooted for lost the Civil War and the supremacy of states rights.

We could have had comprehensive immigration reform a couple years ago, but most of the Republicans in Congress wouldn't support Bush's proposal that had bipartisan support from Democrats and moderate Republicans like McCain, who's now changed his tune because he's being challenged by the right wing. Yet now they say that Arizona is taking action because Washington hasn't. And they even have the gall to then say that now is not the time for immigration reform. Friggin hypocrites. If not now, when?

I'd like to know what those who say the solution is to just close the border, round up all the illegals, and throw them out, propose to do with all the children of illegals who were born in the U.S. and therefore are American citizens? How are you going to round up the millions of illegals? Are you willing to pay more for food and services because Americans will have to take over the jobs the illegals currently do, and won't do it for the money the illegals get paid? And are you willing to pay to have a soldier or guardsman every 300 feet across the border to make sure nobody sneaks in? I hear the complaints, but not the practical solutions.

+ 1 :thumbsup::lol: finally someone gets the costs being too high to do something like that and is just not worth it

+ 1 :rolleyes::ph34r: finally someone gets the costs being too high to do something like that and is just not worth it

Yeah another uber-liberal mouthpiece who spots BS from MSNBC.

Again, you don't get it, it is not this countries problem to take care of the rest of the world. Whether we go there or they flock to our shores. 200 years ago when we asked for your tired, hungry, etc... they were welcomed as contributing members of society. Not flocks of people looking for handouts and getting thousands times more out of society than they contribute. These are parasites.