Illegal immigrants living in AZ

Alright well I'm talking about from a low income family standpoint now...not income taxes over all...for example...making 20,000 a year as a line cook...with three kids, you're looking at getting 7,000 or so BACK for earned income credit as a "tax payer"...those that do not pay payroll or income tax but make less than 30,000 a year, are HELPING the country not hurting it...and income tax from the poor working class family is non existent...for those single workers making 30,000 thier taxes are paid but still a drop in the bucket...

It's not as if these undocumented workers are coming and getting paid 50,000 a year or anything outrageous and therefore the "burden" of them being here is ridiculously low...I said 20 percent, but I don't even believe working class taxes accumulate that much at all...when you factor in the earned income credit they recieve...but the other taxes such as the taxes of goods is a blanket tax that more workers ceate more revenue type of idea...my point is them being undocumented and working low end employment is a benefit and not a tragedy for our government...

Over all the income tax makes up 45%...but when you factor in that the higher tax brackets are the real guys paying in, and not the lower and working class...you can see that undocumented workers do MORE for our nation than the low end workers that do collect thier income taxes...the undocumented workers are LESS of a burden than workers on the same tier that are documented...

You can do the math if you would like...here is a link of how much people make and the tax brackets...they do not factor in earned income credit...so you have to realize that though the tax rate is say 20 percent and they pay in six thousand, they get all of that back plus some with EIC...but do the math...first, look at all the workers in the US, calculate what they actually pay in income tax by bracket...and see where the actual tax revenue comes from...it isn't anyone making less than 30k

Nevermind found a site that breaks it down for you...see the 10,000 a year guys?...only 3% of our 45% in revenue for taxes....then even if you add all the people earning 34,000 or lower together you get 22% of the 45% of tax revenue...still lower than the twenty I said....even if you add in the people making 56,000 you are getting to AROUND 20% of our tax revenue...take a gander pally

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/ame...me_taxation.htm

What I got from this mess is that illegal immigrants wouldn't pay any taxes if they were legal anyway, because they're tax brackets would still be at the very bottom of the scale.

Which, ironically, runs exactly counter to the standard Democratic argument that "the rich don't pay their share". :P

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I got from this mess is that illegal immigrants wouldn't pay any taxes if they were legal anyway, because they're tax brackets would still be at the very bottom of the scale.

Which, ironically, runs exactly counter to the standard Democratic argument that "the rich don't pay their share". :P

That's EXACTLY my point...they would be MORE of a burden if they were legit...so this spending money on legitimizing them is a waste of the money we have...

Over all the income tax makes up 45%...but when you factor in that the higher tax brackets are the real guys paying in, and not the lower and working class...you can see that undocumented workers do MORE for our nation than the low end workers that do collect thier income taxes...the undocumented workers are LESS of a burden than workers on the same tier that are documented...

So at the low end of the scale, tax-payers and illegal immigrants both consume more of the states resources than they contribute, but illegals less so because of tax credits. Fine.

But speaking as one who is paying in more than he gets back, if my money must go into somebody elses pockets I'd rather it be one poor American than two poor illegal aliens. Don't I get any see in how I am to be robbed?

So at the low end of the scale, tax-payers and illegal immigrants both consume more of the states resources than they contribute, but illegals less so because of tax credits. Fine.

But speaking as one who is paying in more than he gets back, if my money must go into somebody elses pockets I'd rather it be one poor American than two poor illegal aliens. Don't I get any see in how I am to be robbed?

What's the difference to you? are you racist?...one struggling person is as good as another in my book...and no, you've never had a say in how your money is being wasted...Congress gets a lifetime pension of like 80,000 a year after serving a single term...that costs more than these undocumented workers...

What's the difference to you? are you racist?...one struggling person is as good as another in my book...and no, you've never had a say in how your money is being wasted...Congress gets a lifetime pension of like 80,000 a year after serving a single term...that costs more than these undocumented workers...

Race card? You're an idiot, of the conner speak. Or a Moran.

Another genius statement from our commander in chief while weighing in on the AZ gig.

"Now suddenly if you don't have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you're going to be harassed. That's something that could potentially happen," Obama said.

This is right up here with his moronic comment during the health care debate about "You may take your child to the doctor for a sore throat, and the doctor may take out their tonsils because it pays more."

An idiot of epic proportions.

So says the President of the United States who's job it is to protect Americans...

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/03/29/the-d...rizona-rancher/

I must have missed Obama's soaring speech vowing to seek out justice for Rob Krentz's senseless murder at the hands of illegal aliens. This is a seriously sick and twisted President we have.

I was being ironical

No you were not. There's no irony in bringing up the race card. Irony would be you getting that loan for that freakin plan you have to sell houses to low income palyers while the Gov looks the other way.

Good luck with that, though you probably have a good shot at getting the money especilly with the Gov track record.

Yeah, I was thinking as I read that "Gee, that's just like rain on my wedding day."

:thumbsup:

if you mean by rain...illegal immigrants are of a different race...and by wedding day you mean immigrants and nonimmigrants are the same...then yes...you should have been thinking that when you read it...

but the word CAN be used by stating that I meant by coincidence, since I pointed out that immigrants cost no more, and he replied that I want to spend on americans not immigrants, that the only factor seperating the two is race...and I asked the question...can be considered ironical...by emphasizing that the seperating factor between those he wants to spend his money on, and those he doesn't are seperated by race...and not actually that he is a real racist but that his statement coincidentally could be construed as racist considering the underlying factor of wanting to piggyback one and not the other is in fact race

No you were not. There's no irony in bringing up the race card. Irony would be you getting that loan for that freakin plan you have to sell houses to low income palyers while the Gov looks the other way.

Good luck with that, though you probably have a good shot at getting the money especilly with the Gov track record.

Don't get all puffy bro...I am not getting much from the federal government...most of it is from the local government...that is not COMING OUT OF YOUR POCKET...it's coming from our local revenue that is, people who live in the city and will directly benefit from the CDC plan...so cool your jets dude...

This is a huge issue for me, right up there with deficit spending.

I applaud Arizona for taking action. Racial profiling will be a problem. They'll have to find ways to apply the new law more fairly. We do need a better system of ID.

It's amazing to me how soft both parties in Washington have been on illegal immigration for years. Washington has failed miserably at border security and has shown no will to correct the problem. The invasion (it is a invasion) of illegal immigrants from the south has created so many short and long term problems. The Democratic position which leans heavily toward amnesty is highly hypocritical. How can the party of jobs and labor support the inclusion of illegals into our workplace when each and every illegal alien that finds work is taking that job from a potential democratic voter or even worse a union member? You can't be for jobs and put out the welcome mat for illegals.

Bush was a wimp on the issue and chose to ignore it (like he ignored so many other things).

There's only one common sense answer to this. Secure the borders, tell these people to leave and deny them jobs and services if they're here. We can't afford to continue to support them or to add the burden of 10+ million citizens to our entitlement programs. Not now or later. Fat chance this will happen.

I agree with you on a few of your points, but I feel that profiling will be a huge problem- and I think it will overwhelm the good intent of the law. When you open the door to potential discrimination and bigotry, people have shown that they will walk right in- it's human nature. This will lead to more violence.

You can't deny them jobs either- if they will work cheap, they will get hired. Was Bush a wimp on it? Maybe, but he also was a realist- there are a lot of well intentioned theories that won't work in practice.

Considering one friggen bank hands that out in a single year in bonuses to rich guys that dont spend it anyway...yeah I'm cool with that...gotta put it in perspective...60 billion for the millions of immigrants going home and putting it to work for Mexico is much more productive than 60 billion going to twelve bankers that will do nothing but sit on it like Scrooge McDuck

What do they do with it? :thumbsup:

You just proved you're clueless.

What do they do with it? :thumbsup:

You just proved you're clueless.

They ummmmmm BANK it lol...they hold onto it...they are fiscally responsible aren't they? they wouldn't be where they were if they weren't...so they don't spend it as much as say...some other less fiscally responsible members of society...

They ummmmmm BANK it lol...they hold onto it...they are fiscally responsible aren't they? they wouldn't be where they were if they weren't...so they don't spend it as much as say...some other less fiscally responsible members of society...

They bank it? What the !@#$ does that mean?

read on chef....read on..."they hold on to it"

The only way them "holding on to it" would be remotely similar to illegals sending cash home would be if they held it under their matress. Do you think they're holding it under their matresses?

The only way them "holding on to it" would be remotely similar to illegals sending cash home would be if they held it under their matress. Do you think they're holding it under their matresses?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=95577970 hehehehe

The sheer amount between rich folks and illegals is ridiculous even to compare...this entire argument is irrelevant...even if the illegals were taxed it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket...that's why wasting MILLIONS on kicking them out or beefing up the borders is just a stupid waste of money time and in some cases lives...that's the bottom line

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=95577970 hehehehe

The sheer amount between rich folks and illegals is ridiculous even to compare...this entire argument is irrelevant...even if the illegals were taxed it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket...that's why wasting MILLIONS on kicking them out or beefing up the borders is just a stupid waste of money time and in some cases lives...that's the bottom line

So you think rich bankers are putting there money in home safes? What a dolt.