Illegal immigrants living in AZ

I'll take that. I would be the first to tell you that I am naive when it comes to this. All I have is what I have read about the issues and the experiences I have that I think will correlate. I have never been a part of a CDC, so I am naive. I have said in the past that I will learn plenty as I go, and I'm okay with that. I mean I've been talking about best case scenarios, but worst case scenario I go in with the state 45k and my own 30k or so and go one property at a time. I am going to put work in and do my best, that's all. I wouldn't call myself a nincompoop, but I don't think I'm a genius.

A post I can live with. With that, good luck. :nana:

Cause some of your other ones, well....... :D

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...ns-jerseys.html

The Phoenix Suns made a bold statement Tuesday denouncing the controversial new immigration bill that recently was signed into law.

In announcing that the Suns would wear their "Los Suns" jerseys in recognition of Cinco de Mayo for Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, Managing Partner Robert Sarver also addressed the immigration bill that has been a divisive national topic since Gov. Jan Brewer enacted it into law April 23.

"The frustration with the federal government's failure to deal with the issue of illegal immigration resulted in passage of a flawed state law," Sarver said in a statement released by the Suns on Tuesday morning. "However intended, the result of passing this law is that our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question, and Arizona's already struggling economy will suffer even further setbacks at a time when the state can ill-afford them."

"I looked around our plane and looked at our players and the diversity in our organization," Sarver said. "I thought we need to go on record that we honor our diversity in our team, in the NBA and we need to show support for that. As for the political part of that, that's my statement."

Suns co-captain Steve Nash has no problem expressing his political views under the basketball spotlight. He once wore a "No war. Shoot for peace." T-shirt during 2003 All-Star Game interviews.

"It's a clear-cut issue for me," Nash said. "I don't agree with this bill. I don't agree with the spirit of the bill or the message it sends, not only to people in our community but how it represents our community across the country and the world.

"I think the bill opens up the opportunity for racial profiling, racism. I think it puts the police in an incredibly difficult position that isn't fair to them. It's an infringement on our civil liberties to allow the possibility for inequality to arise in our community."

The San Antonio Spurs wanted to be a part of the Suns' statement Wednesday but could not get the "Los Spurs" jerseys to do it in time.

The Phoenix Suns made a bold statement Tuesday denouncing the controversial new immigration bill that recently was signed into law.

In announcing that the Suns would wear their "Los Suns" jerseys in recognition of Cinco de Mayo for Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, Managing Partner Robert Sarver also addressed the immigration bill that has been a divisive national topic since Gov. Jan Brewer enacted it into law April 23.

"The frustration with the federal government's failure to deal with the issue of illegal immigration resulted in passage of a flawed state law," Sarver said in a statement released by the Suns on Tuesday morning. "However intended, the result of passing this law is that our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question, and Arizona's already struggling economy will suffer even further setbacks at a time when the state can ill-afford them."

"I looked around our plane and looked at our players and the diversity in our organization," Sarver said. "I thought we need to go on record that we honor our diversity in our team, in the NBA and we need to show support for that. As for the political part of that, that's my statement."

Suns co-captain Steve Nash has no problem expressing his political views under the basketball spotlight. He once wore a "No war. Shoot for peace." T-shirt during 2003 All-Star Game interviews.

"It's a clear-cut issue for me," Nash said. "I don't agree with this bill. I don't agree with the spirit of the bill or the message it sends, not only to people in our community but how it represents our community across the country and the world.

"I think the bill opens up the opportunity for racial profiling, racism. I think it puts the police in an incredibly difficult position that isn't fair to them. It's an infringement on our civil liberties to allow the possibility for inequality to arise in our community."

The San Antonio Spurs wanted to be a part of the Suns' statement Wednesday but could not get the "Los Spurs" jerseys to do it in time.

Los Spurs?? Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

You know what gets me, is these sports player who get all upset when they get in trouble and they get called out being role models. But when they want to make a statement such as this they then want to act the role model. Turn it on, turn it off. Typical look at me society but only when it benefits them.

A post I can live with. With that, good luck. :wallbash:

Cause some of your other ones, well....... :D

Yeah I know. I'm a hot head. :devil:

Tell em Nash! Good for them. It is a ridiculous law, and I am glad the community is speaking out in as many ways as they can.

That's awesome. Maybe they'll also put the name Rob Krentz on the back of every one of their jerseys.

Though I doubt Sarver and Nash know who that is.

Just a rancher. No big deal?

No war. Shoot for peace. Right, Nash?

That's awesome. Maybe they'll also put the name Rob Krentz on the back of every one of their jerseys.

Though I doubt Sarver and Nash know who that is.

Just a rancher. No big deal?

No war. Shoot for peace. Right, Nash?

Unfortunately ranchers, cops, border patrol, and mexicans are all casualties of a sh*tty immigration policy. The cost is ridiculously high in human life and needs to be changed.

Unfortunately ranchers, cops, border patrol, and mexicans are all casualties of a sh*tty immigration policy. The cost is ridiculously high in human life and needs to be changed.

OK, how should the policy be changed? Or is it the enforcement that should be changed? Maybe we should mirror the Mexican government policy? Be specific please.

OK, how should the policy be changed? Or is it the enforcement that should be changed? Maybe we should mirror the Mexican government policy? Be specific please.

Just like in anything, the more freedom the better something works. I am a fan of open border policy. I think the restrictions on immigration is what causes all of this bull. If you go back to the immigration act of 1990 by George Bush, our system goes back to running the way it should. Let immigrants move MORE freely and they won't trash up the lands of the Ranchers. Let immigrants move MORE freely and border patrol won't have to dig out hundreds of bodies a year or have to shoot so many people or get shot.

Just like in anything, the more freedom the better something works. I am a fan of open border policy. I think the restrictions on immigration is what causes all of this bull. If you go back to the immigration act of 1990 by George Bush, our system goes back to running the way it should. Let immigrants move MORE freely and they won't trash up the lands of the Ranchers. Let immigrants move MORE freely and border patrol won't have to dig out hundreds of bodies a year or have to shoot so many people or get shot.

Are you actually proposing an open and unlimited immigration policy? Anyone who wants to come here can? That there would be no such thing as an illegal alien?

Are you actually proposing an open and unlimited immigration policy? Anyone who wants to come here can? That there would be no such thing as an illegal alien?

Of course. It's not as if the added burden will cost you or I anything - it can come out of community money!

More buyers for his real estate - *ahem* - "plan".

More buyers for his real estate - *ahem* - "plan".

heheheheheheh Not to mention more workers for the rebuild. More votes to secure the funding. More tax revenue for the city. More money going to local businesses. Yes YES more people, more money being made, more needs to be met, more private businesses to meet those needs. I'm a fan of people in general.

Like I've said before, 1990 Bushie softened the immigration laws, and the decade that followed was the best decade in financial history. Security measured had to be taken because we have to "feel" safe from foriegn terror, less LEGAL immigrants. More than half were illegal, and the country was driven down by those that take advantage of illegals. Something they couldn't do to legal immigrants. Domestic citizens suffer because now they must compete with salaries well below the minimum wage standards, something they wouldn't have to do if the laws were softened again. A larger salary for immigrants would push more money into the economy because they would have more to spend.

The problem is there are still terrorists. So what is the answer to keep our borders fairly open while keeping our nation safe from terrorism. I am a soften the gun laws kind of guy, and have the citizens self police the issue.

heheheheheheh Not to mention more workers for the rebuild. More votes to secure the funding. More tax revenue for the city. More money going to local businesses. Yes YES more people, more money being made, more needs to be met, more private businesses to meet those needs. I'm a fan of people in general.

Like I've said before, 1990 Bushie softened the immigration laws, and the decade that followed was the best decade in financial history. Security measured had to be taken because we have to "feel" safe from foriegn terror, less LEGAL immigrants. More than half were illegal, and the country was driven down by those that take advantage of illegals. Something they couldn't do to legal immigrants. Domestic citizens suffer because now they must compete with salaries well below the minimum wage standards, something they wouldn't have to do if the laws were softened again. A larger salary for immigrants would push more money into the economy because they would have more to spend.

The problem is there are still terrorists. So what is the answer to keep our borders fairly open while keeping our nation safe from terrorism. I am a soften the gun laws kind of guy, and have the citizens self police the issue.

Followed by one of the worst. :w00t:

Followed by one of the worst. :w00t:

Yeah again. It was followed by the worst because of a number of reasons, but one is the restructuring of our immigration policy due to the terrorist threat. From 2000-2005 more than half of our immigrants were coming here illegally, because our borders were beefed up. Then, because Bushie part duex didn't want to take our security problems out on the mexicans, he made it easier to get work Visas, this didn't help the economy. It helped make it more common for mexicans to come work and then take the money home. Another problem that is now entwined in this immigration debate.

Yeah again. It was followed by the worst because of a number of reasons, but one is the restructuring of our immigration policy due to the terrorist threat. From 2000-2005 more than half of our immigrants were coming here illegally, because our borders were beefed up. Then, because Bushie part duex didn't want to take our security problems out on the mexicans, he made it easier to get work Visas, this didn't help the economy. It helped make it more common for mexicans to come work and then take the money home. Another problem that is now entwined in this immigration debate.

Do you ever read what you write? You could talk circles around a circle. Argue with yourself much?

Do you ever read what you write? You could talk circles around a circle. Argue with yourself much?

I know my thoughts are cyclical...like life. heheeheheeh

My point is that the immigration laws were screwed up by the fear of terrorism, and THAT is the reason for all this backlash. The work visa idea obviously didn't work to the benefit of the United States and therefore we should come up with a better method of keeping the threat of terrorism in check. Beefing up the borders is crap and causes nothing but increased government spending, increase in casualties at the border, and this political mess that is going on in AZ.

Americans should be our defense. Do it ourselves. Deregulate and let us handle it. Did anyone else flip out that a terrorist could be stationed on a military base and go on a shooting spree before a friggen cop had to come and take him down? Were there no guns on A MILITARY BASE? If soldiers can't take out a terrorist and have to wait for cops, what does this say about our citizens in America? This reliance on the government for security is making us a complete joke, similar to how the welfare system makes the poor even weaker. Our policies need to be reconstructed with a little faith in the American people.