Offense Questions?

First let me say that I think we will be better next year because this draft made our defense a lot better against the run and our offesne can't possibly be as bad as it was last year (I hope)

But I have thought since Jauron got here that our offensive coaches and coordinators have been the worst I have ever seen: including: scheme, play calling, game management and player development.(heck it seemed like we changed offensive schemes every year and sometimes every couple weeks we never hung our hat on anything). with that being said what do you think about the possible scenarios: (I know I've been drinking too much Bills Kool-aid)

1st: I am not and Edwards fan, but is it possible that he can be a good QB? He has at times shown to be ok..with some solid offensive coaching can he be successful? Maybe our past O-coaches just were that bad?

2nd: Can the O-line be a lot better because we finally have an offensive scheme that will carry over through the entire season and beyond? In the past it seems like Jauron could never decide if we were gonna be power running, spread team, zone blocking, counter, etc, etc,,

Blast away...

I think those are the two most important questions regarding our offense.

As to the first question, I think Edwards, with the right coaching can be a consistent above average QB in the NFL. He'll never be a Peyton Manning, but he can be a good player. The problem seemed to be that Edwards was getting conflicting messages from the coaches regarding the play calls. As I understand it, one coach wanted him to do one thing, the other wanted something else, and that resulted in some serious problems regarding his confidence. With Gailey calling all the shots, I think that will allow Edwards to be at his best.

As to the second question, Gailey has promised that the O Line will play better, but more importantly, he is going to arrange a scheme that will be best suited to the players in it. Gailey will design the offense to help make Trent successful until they can get more weapons or another quarterback in the draft next year. Our D is going to be much improved, probably allowing us to get more offensive opportunities and better field position. If that is the case, and all goes well, Buffalo might be able to finish better than 5-11 or 6-10, which is what I think is the most likely outcome at this point. That being said, we'll be a much more competitive football team than we have been in the last few years.

1st: I am not and Edwards fan, but is it possible that he can be a good QB? He has at times shown to be ok..with some solid offensive coaching can he be successful? Maybe our past O-coaches just were that bad?

2nd: Can the O-line be a lot better because we finally have an offensive scheme that will carry over through the entire season and beyond? In the past it seems like Jauron could never decide if we were gonna be power running, spread team, zone blocking, counter, etc, etc,,

I have been on record saying #1 all last season. I believe the coaching was poor throught the Jauron era, but it got worse when Dick got desperate to save his job.

The other thing I was vehement about during the season is that to be competitive in the AFC East, the Bills must go to a 3 - 4 on defense. One of the few things I consider a plus this off season is that they are going to make that defensive change.

Regarding your second item, I believe the O-line will be improved because Levitre and Wood will be in their second season and there is no way the team will have as many injuries to that line as they did in 2009.

Of course, new staff/new system is a negative factor, but even if they do not win more games, at least they will be more entertaining if they can have more than one sustained drive and score more points each game.