Veteran Free Agents to Consider

Buddy Nix after the draft during the press conference said we will be looking at Veteran Free Agents to fill holes or add depth. I think if we signed the following three we will surprise alot of people next year.

Garard Warren- NT- 31 years old. 6'4"- 326 pounds. I have been wanting him since he became available when Oakland released him. With the 2nd round selection of Torell Troup and then Kyle Williams. These three could provide a great rotation. Plus I think Kyle Williams will be used at all three DL positions. Knowing that I still think we need 1 more NT. He would solidify our DL and even our defense. He has the experience and he is proven. He brings 127 starts with him in his 10 year career. He can be had for a decent amount of money. I say we sign him to a 2 year deal, while we find another NT.

Chester Pitts- OT/OG- 30 years old. 6'4"- 310 pounds. Pitts is coming off a year in which he was injured but this guy has experience and he is a proven offensive linemen who can play guard or tackle. He has started every single game that he has appeared in since his rookie season without missing any games up till last season. He is a 9 year pro that brings alot of versatility. He could start at LT/RT/ or RG until Eric Wood is FULLY recovered and ready to go. And when Eric Wood comes back he could either play C or RG, depending on which position is performing worse. We can also use Chester Pitts to play LT and give time to Ed Wang, Kyle Colloway, Demetrius Bell, and Jamon Meredith time to learn blocking schemes and the offense and develop in practice. I would think one of the four would be cut or put on practice squad. Then we would have Cornell Green at RT. but if he performs bad then we have a few options.

Alan Faneca- OG- 33 years old. 6'5"- 305 pounds. He might be old but a 1 year contract would be perfect for the Bills not only because of his experience, leadership, and proven ability BUT because with him the Bills would not have to rush Eric Wood back at all. We can give Eric Wood a few extra weeks in practice when he is ready just to make sure. Once Wood comes back he can either play C or RG.. Depends on which ever Faneca or Hartgartner is playing worse. In Faneca's 13 year career he has only missed a grand total of 2 games. He has started in 185 games. Thats alot of needed experience and leadership on a offensive line that lacks in that category.

Other Free Agents: Flozell Adams-OT (If he has juice left) and Shawn Andrews-OG/OT (If he stayed healthy), and Cornelius Griffin-DT (If he still has something left)

If we can sign Faneca and Pitts our offensive line would be solid with pretty decent depth. Imagine: Pitts- Levitre- Hartgartner- Faneca- Green/Wang to most likely start the year. Then eventually possibly: Pitts- Levitre- Wood- Faneca- Green/Wang. Sounds about 15x better than what we had last year. Not to mention QB play would most likely improve by about 900-1,200 passing yards on the year then it would open nice holes for CJ Spiller to blaze through on his was to a 1,200-1,600 yard season.

If we where limited to ONLY three more signings in Free Agency, these three guys would be the guys I brought in. Big Bodies to solidify both lines for next year while the young guys learn in rotational roles and in practices. I think we could get them all for a pretty good reasonable price

Thats my own option, if you would like to comment or share your opinion please feel free. Or if there are any other Free Agents that you think would help please share.

GO BILLS!

Warren just signed with the New England Patriots about an hour ago. I think we're set on Defense though, I cant imagine Nix signing anyone there.

However, we definitely still need help along our O-Line and at WR. I'm very glad to hear that Nix is preparing to dip back into the FA pool...thats something past regimes have failed to do post-draft.

I think both of those OL would provide good depth and leadership. I'm still hopeful that Buffalo can pull Jared Gaither away from the Ravens in some kind of deal. Still, the addition of Faneca would be nice, considering that the Bills don't know that Wood is going to be ready at the beginning of the season.

BTW Todd McShay is saying now that the Bills left him with something to be desired and the Spiller pick is good, but strange for him for Buffalo.

I think both of those OL would provide good depth and leadership. I'm still hopeful that Buffalo can pull Jared Gaither away from the Ravens in some kind of deal. Still, the addition of Faneca would be nice, considering that the Bills don't know that Wood is going to be ready at the beginning of the season.

BTW Todd McShay is saying now that the Bills left him with something to be desired and the Spiller pick is good, but strange for him for Buffalo.

Ya I heard McShay say that he likes Levi Brown.