Darryl Jackson wasn't drafted Git'er done Buddy!!

Link

Kean U. nose tackle Darryl Jackson working to achieve NFL dream

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

March 09, 2010, 7:00AM

This was the guy who plugged up the middle of the Kean defense. The guy who swallowed up blockers sometimes three at a time. He was the talent who drew dozens of scouts to Union last year, from all but three or four NFL teams. But in Division 3, that job doesn’t come with a scholarship.

So Jackson did laundry for the equipment manager, stealing time at night between summer two-a-days. He collected tickets at soccer and basketball games. He bounced at a nightclub on weekends, and delivered beer in the summers. Seeing scouts reminded him there may be a future at the next level, but he stayed locked in on the present.

“I don’t want to jinx myself, you know what I mean?” said Jackson, who will work out Tuesday at his Pro Day at Total Energy Systems Training Sports Club in Martinsville. “I’m kind of superstitious. I’m not there yet.”

Perhaps that’s because the 22-year-old has learned little in life comes with a guarantee. As a senior at Red Bank High, interest from schools like Rutgers and UConn dissolved when he didn’t qualify academically for Division 1. Four years later — with his resolve deepened after the death of a close friend last fall — now is the time for Jackson to achieve his pro ambitions.

Read the whole article. I'm betting this kid eventually becomes a solid starter for someone. I wanted him to be drafted by Buffalo because he'll probably want to go to the Jests if they offer him a contract. JMO

Here's an article about him.

As of last night, Alexander had not reached agreement on a free-agent contract. He confirmed that he’s fielding offers from several teams and looking for the best situation.

I'm guessing the best situation includes a place without natural turf that gets frozen in the winter, needs a receiver, will be running an offense he finds interesting and has a good training staff. If that's what he's looking for Buffalo could be seriously considered. JMO

I haven't heard any news on Darryl Jackson. I would think someone will give him a FA contract. At worst he should be a PS player. JMO

His situation may be like Alexander's and he's waiting for the best offer.