No marshawn trade

Wait till Lynch gets on the Eagles or the Patriots and is the next Corey Dillon....killing us. He's a good player who grew up in the bowels of Oakland. If you expected Wally Cleaver, I think that was unrealistic.

It is simply STUPID to trade a 1st round talent, leave yourself thin at RB, then draft a possible replacement in the 6th. Only if they get REAL value....a 2011 3rd or better, should they trade Lynch.

Get over it people.

At first I was reading we couldn't give him away. Now Schefter is saying that Buffalo didn't want to trade him. I liked the Spiller pick if we got rid of Lynch. I just don't get it. We could have traded down or taken Anthony Davis, etc. I think Spiller will be a great player in the NFL, I'm just worried he won't see the field with the other RB's. And if Spiller is, in fact, on the field, what's the point of having both Fred and Lynch to ride the pine. We don't need both
I can see Gailey using Spiller as a slot receiver and 3rd down back in the Reggie Bush mold.

Lynch is the freight train, Fred Jackson is the Jaguar, Spiller is the Lamborghini

Lynch is a 3rd back on this roster now. He flat out lost his job last year and isnt' getting it back from Jackson. Spiller will beat out all 3 to start so Thugshawn is nothing but an insurance policy.

New coaches. Lynch will beat out Jackson. Mark it down.

No need to have a fire sale for Lynch right now. Trade deadline is not until October. Lots of teams will have to deal with training camp injuries, pre-season injuries, early-season injuries and changes in their lineup. We'll get some value for Lynch. In the meantime, he can stay put.

Lynch might appear to have little value now, but injuries happen all the time.

I agree--I think they're likely to get a lot more for him (just not this year) compensation-wise, when something bad happens to someone's starter in camp or early in the season. In the meantime, you ride herd on him in the locker room....