OnTheRocks

Which streak is more impressive?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which streak is more impressive?

• Ripken Jr. 2632 consecutive games
    • Favre 200 consevustive games

Yep. 

Three things I remember about that (leading up to the strike):

1.  Some pitcher (forgot who) being taken out of a game giving the finger (both hands) to the fans all the way to the dugout.

2.  Some player (again, forgot who) saying something to the effect of, "I don't care about the fans..." in a postgame press conference when asked about fan reaction to whatever incident he was involved in that day.

3.  The team I rooted for, the Montreal Expos, had the best record in the major leagues leading up to that strike, ruining any chance they ever had at getting to the World Series.

The signs were there for me.  I'm perfectly fine with pro and college football, college basketball, and even the occasional pro basketball game, though I'm losing interest in that too, especially with the level of immaturity in the players and with the recent trade my team, the Houston Rockets, made to acquire Tracy McGrady at the expense of Cuttino Mobley and one of my favorite players, Steve Francis.

137981[/snapback]

What? You forgot that Tony Gwynn had a legitimate shot at hitting .400 in '94? This will always bug me.

Also, I had a line on World Series tickets that year (none before or since). :blink:

Baseball itself is such a great game. The owners/players being jerks can never change that. It's been 10 years, it's ok to come back, but don't look for the Expos when you get here.

What?  You forgot that Tony Gwynn had a legitimate shot at hitting .400 in '94?  This will always bug me.

Also, I had a line on World Series tickets that year (none before or since).  :blink:

Baseball itself is such a great game.  The owners/players being jerks can never change that.  It's been 10 years, it's ok to come back, but don't look for the Expos when you get here.

138112[/snapback]

It's not baseball altogether I don't get into, it's MLB. I still think going to a minor league game is a lot of fun. I'm in no hurry to become a fan of MLB any time soon.

As much guts as Favre has shown (tons) I think the Ripken streak is without question tops. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know he went for several years without missing an inning.

The games are so different it is silly to do a comparison, but Ripken's streak just stands out so much. He played through pain too with hurt ankles, elbows, etc. He had to play the very next day after sustaining these injuries. Part of any streak is luck, (Steve Garvey had a pretty long streak but broke his hand sliding into home) but over 2500? It would be interesting to see the mena time between sitting out games at QB and SS to do the comparison though.