Stats, Inc.

BRH

Punt returns: #1 in the NFL

Kick returns: #6

Kick coverage: #1

Punt coverage is #16, a bit of a misleading stat for reasons previously discussed on this board (Moorman pins a lot of kicks and when he doesn't, he outkicks his coverage and ends up with a decent net anyway (9th overall). In fact, the eight teams with a higher yards per punt average are all reasonably-warm weather or dome teams (Oakland, Washington, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tennessee, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis).

Pass defense: #7

Run defense: #4

Overall defense: #3

The Steelers, Redskins and Bills are the only defenses in the NFL giving up fewer than 100 ypg on the ground and fewer than 200 ypg through the air.

Obviously, the offensive numbers don't compare well, but clearly those are improving week-by-week.

Punt returns:  #1 in the NFL

Kick returns:  #6

Kick coverage:  #1

Punt coverage is #16, a bit of a misleading stat for reasons previously discussed on this board (Moorman pins a lot of kicks and when he doesn't, he outkicks his coverage and ends up with a decent net anyway (9th overall).  In fact, the eight teams with a higher yards per punt average are all reasonably-warm weather or dome teams (Oakland, Washington, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tennessee, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis).

Pass defense:  #7

Run defense:  #4

Overall defense:  #3

The Steelers, Redskins and Bills are the only defenses in the NFL giving up fewer than 100 ypg on the ground and fewer than 200 ypg through the air.

Obviously, the offensive numbers don't compare well, but clearly those are improving week-by-week.

137881[/snapback]

I have NEVER seen a finer punting performance than Mooreman's game against Miami. But as much as I like the guy, I really enjoyed only seeing him once yesterday.