The Bills return man gauntlet

I was thinking about this earlier while watching some of the CJ Spiller highlight stuff. Has there ever been a nastier collection of return men than what Buffalo will be fielding this season? Normally a team can kick away from the opposing teams best return man but this is going to be a HUGE issue for our opponents this year. Add to that the fact that Bruce is back...oh boy!

I can't wait!

I doubt Parrish is even on the team next year

McGee is probably done as a returner and would only be used if they absoltuely needed him

Leodis is coming off an injury and might not be used on returns either or may be on kickoffs along with Spiller, how scarey would they be together

it sure is nice to have options though

McGee hasn't been a kick returner since 2007. He's done with that part of his repertoire. Parrish isn't a very good kick returner. But did you really draft Spiller at #9 overall to return kicks?

A kick return for a TD is worth 6 points. A 50 yard run is worth 6 points. A 45 yard pass for a TD is worth 6 points. Special teams is 1/3 of the game.

You bet your ass that his ability to return kicks is part of the reason he was drafted.

A kick return for a TD is worth 6 points. A 50 yard run is worth 6 points. A 45 yard pass for a TD is worth 6 points. Special teams is 1/3 of the game.

You bet your ass that his ability to return kicks is part of the reason he was drafted.

*sigh*

I need to get off this board. Logic is lost on so many.

A great kick returner scores 2 TD's a season in the return game. Devin Hester, in his prime, had six in one season. A great RB scores 20 rushing TD's. LT in his prime had 28. You're considerably more likely to get injured in the return game than on offense.

You don't draft a returner 9th overall. Ask the Miami Dolphins. Returners can be found late in the draft. If Spiller is Reggie Bush, he was a reach. If he was Chris Johnson, he's a great pick.

You don't draft a returner 9th overall. Ask the Miami Dolphins. Returners can be found late in the draft. If Spiller is Reggie Bush, he was a reach. If he was Chris Johnson, he's a great pick.

if reggie bush was used better, hed be a lot more impressive. i enjoy watching sean paytons offense, but those games when reggie gets 4 touches and ones a double reverse are not good. when he commits to a balanced attack, and puts the ball in reggies hands moving up the field instead of sideways, look out.

*sigh*

I need to get off this board. Logic is lost on so many.

A great kick returner scores 2 TD's a season in the return game. Devin Hester, in his prime, had six in one season. A great RB scores 20 rushing TD's. LT in his prime had 28. You're considerably more likely to get injured in the return game than on offense.

Logic? Lets examine your logic. Spillers talents as a return man absolutely enhance his value as a number nine pick. How can you assume it is not part of his evaluation? Football is an impact sport. All positions at all times is high risk for injury. Don't act like field position after a kick is a minor consideration, it's the essence of the game in all situations.

Logic? Lets examine your logic. Spillers talents as a return man absolutely enhance his value as a number nine pick. How can you assume it is not part of his evaluation? Football is an impact sport. All positions at all times is high risk for injury. Don't act like field position after a kick is a minor consideration, it's the essence of the game in all situations.

*sigh*

Field position is not a minor consideration, of course. Jesus. But it can be achieved later on in the draft, and you don't generally put your blue chip RB back there to return punts or kicks. That's why you have grunts. Fast grunts, but grunts. Devin Hester is one of the best returners of all time. He was taken 57th overall. Roscoe Parrish was taken 55th overall. Dante Hall was picked 153rd. Brian Mitchell was picked 130th. If you put Spiller back there and get tears an ACL a la Jason Sehorn **** will hit the !@#$ing fan, I guarantee you that much.

Ted Ginn Jr. was drafted at #9 overall, but wasn't a consummate #1 WR, yet still had a ton of value as a returner. They got a fifth round pick for him. Enough said.

*sigh*

Field position is not a minor consideration, of course. Jesus. But it can be achieved later on in the draft, and you don't generally put your blue chip RB back there to return punts or kicks. That's why you have grunts. Fast grunts, but grunts. Devin Hester is one of the best returners of all time. He was taken 57th overall. Roscoe Parrish was taken 55th overall. Dante Hall was picked 153rd. Brian Mitchell was picked 130th. If you put Spiller back there and get tears an ACL a la Jason Sehorn **** will hit the !@#$ing fan, I guarantee you that much.

Ted Ginn Jr. was drafted at #9 overall, but wasn't a consummate #1 WR, yet still had a ton of value as a returner. They got a fifth round pick for him. Enough said.

**sigh** Perhaps your right. Not every aspect of the game should be maximised with your best available talent based on the fear of injury. That's how championships are won I guess. Good post, I guess I was wrong.

**sigh** Perhaps your right. Not every aspect of the game should be maximised with your best available talent based on the fear of injury. That's how championships are won I guess. Good post, I guess I was wrong.

Glad you've come around.