Anyone have info on Spiller's blocking skills?

I saw a highlight film of Spiller that showed him blocking very well. He picked up the blitzer early and was effective. He didn't get brushed aside or sacrifice himself for just a split second of extra time. He reminded me very much of Thurman Thomas, who was a very underrated blocker.

I think it came from a South Carolina news outlet. I tried to find the link but couldn't retrace my steps to it. Sorry. I think I was led to it from ESPN if you want to have a go.

I saw a highlight film of Spiller that showed him blocking very well. He picked up the blitzer early and was effective. He didn't get brushed aside or sacrifice himself for just a split second of extra time. He reminded me very much of Thurman Thomas, who was a very underrated blocker.

I think it came from a South Carolina news outlet. I tried to find the link but couldn't retrace my steps to it. Sorry. I think I was led to it from ESPN if you want to have a go.

TT learned to block. He was not a good or willing blocker at first.

Like many have already said. Blocking? If he is blocking we are using him the wrong way. Let the oline, the TEs or the full back block for this guy.

If he proves totally inept at blocking, our QB will be at risk if he's in the backfield and a pass is called. I wasn't asking if he can block for another running back. I find it difficult to think - given his style, given the college game, that he got much coaching on that aspect of rb play.

Well - if so, the BUF staff will have to educate him...

"willing" blocker is a polite way of saying he isn't good at it, but he'll try. It is like saying a woman is "nice", has a "sweet disposition", when it is a cover to say that she isn't too attractive on the outside.

Gruden looked over Spiller and said that he liked that he was a willing blocker, but that he would have to work on it to be a good back in the NFL.