NO! I WAS NOT SURPRISED

I knew it had to be Spiller @ 9 or the Bills trade down. So I guessed right on this. The fact that the Bills wasted no time turning in the pick indicates he was their guy no matter what. At 9, you must make an impact... Spiller is the Bills first top 10 pick in years that will make an impact.

Those that think he's only a third down back are ridiculous. You don't pay top ten coin for a situational player. He was an every down back at Clemson and he will be an every down back in the NFL. he'll pack an extra 5-7 lbs. on his frame. Think LT, CJ. He won't unseat Fred this year, but it is great for a rook like Spiller to have a mentor and role model like Fred.

Now the Bills have Whitner, Lynch, Ellison, Schobel as bargaining chips. I wouldn't care if they lumped them all together for a two.

Lastly... I stated Claussen was a POS a long time ago. That is now officially recognized now throughout the FB world.

I knew it had to be Spiller @ 9 or the Bills trade down. So I guessed right on this. The fact that the Bills wasted no time turning in the pick indicates he was their guy no matter what. At 9, you must make an impact... Spiller is the Bills first top 10 pick in years that will make an impact.

Those that think he's only a third down back are ridiculous. You don't pay top ten coin for a situational player. He was an every down back at Clemson and he will be an every down back in the NFL. he'll pack an extra 5-7 lbs. on his frame. Think LT, CJ. He won't unseat Fred this year, but it is great for a rook like Spiller to have a mentor and role model like Fred.

Now the Bills have Whitner, Lynch, Ellison, Schobel as bargaining chips. I wouldn't care if they lumped them all together for a two.

Lastly... I stated Claussen was a POS a long time ago. That is now officially recognized now throughout the FB world.

'Cause no Qb not picked in the first round ever had any success in the NFL... <_<

'Cause no Qb not picked in the first round ever had any success in the NFL... <_<

Tom Brady: NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 6 / Pick: 199 :thumbsup:

I have to admit disappointment so far. Not in Spiller himself, I have no doubt he will be an outstanding RB in the NFL. But I would have rather them traded down and gotten a extra 1st or 2nd instead.

The only thing that makes sense to me is Nix went in wanting Spiller and Tebow. Then grab whatever linemen they could after that. If they didn't take Spiller at #9 they would have lost him. The plan then was to trade back up into the first (Lynch and a second maybe?) and take Tebow. Our rookie GM couldn't quite pull that off, but Denver was able to. Interesting situation in Denver now, trading for Quinn a month ago and now trading up for Tebow.

This might be the dumbest statement that I've read in a long time. Help me out with this logic. Are you saying that QB's who are projected to go high in the draft and fall will suck? Oh, that makes sense!

I can't stand "I told you so'ers". There is no doubt that something turns people off about Clausen, but there are a ton of players (and we all knwo who they are) who fall and turn out to be stars. I think we heard Jerry Jones say that he wouldn't let history repeat itself so he moved up to get Dez Bryant because passing on Moss still chaps his ass.

Time will tell about Clausen not where he is drafted or the opinion of some know it all Dbag with a keyboard.

Tom Brady: NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 6 / Pick: 199 <_<

Ummm right and you could name 100 QBs for every Tom Brady. To be fair about this, here's a list of all QBs drafted in Round 2 the last 10 years. Drew Brees was the first pick of Round 2 and obviously is pretty great...Kolb has a chance. Henne has shown some success. Otherwise, not sure Round 2 QBs look all that promising.

2009 - Pat White

2008 - Brian Brohm

2008 - Chad Henne

2007 - Kevin Kolb

2007 - John Beck

2007 - Drew Stanton

2006 - Kellen Clemen

2006 - Travaris Jackson

2005 - Charlie Frye

2005 - Andrew Walter

2005 - David Greene

2001 - Drew Brees

2001 - Quincy Carter

2001 - Marques Tuiasosopo

Ummm right and you could name 100 QBs for every Tom Brady. To be fair about this, here's a list of all QBs drafted in Round 2 the last 10 years. Drew Brees was the first pick of Round 2 and obviously is pretty great...Kolb has a chance. Henne has shown some success. Otherwise, not sure Round 2 QBs look all that promising.

2008 - Brian Brohm

You do realize you are talking about our possible starter this season now that we lost Tebow, right <_<

Don't pat yourself on the back just yet. If he falls through R2, you might be right, but many suspected that should the Bills pass on Clausen at 9, he would fall to the Vikings at 30. That's exactly what happened. When the Vikes traded out of that pick, his slide down the board continued. There just aren't many teams outside the top 10 that needed a QB and the one that did pick a QB decided it liked Tebow for whatever reason.

I'll be surprised if Clausen makes it past 41 today. In fact, I'll be surprised if he lasts that long.

2009 - Pat White

2008 - Brian Brohm

2008 - Chad Henne

2007 - Kevin Kolb

2007 - John Beck

2007 - Drew Stanton

2006 - Kellen Clemen

2006 - Travaris Jackson

2005 - Charlie Frye

2005 - Andrew Walter

2005 - David Greene

2001 - Drew Brees

2001 - Quincy Carter

The round 1 list isn't exactly impressive either.

You do realize you are talking about our possible starter this season now that we lost Tebow, right <_<

haha I realized that. Though I honestly I don't believe there's an actual chance he's the starter. I tend to think it's going to end up being Jason Campbell.

The round 1 list isn't exactly impressive either.

Oh it's not? Really? Round 1 last 10 years: You really want to pretend Rd 1 and Rd 2 talent are comparable?

2009 Matt Stafford

2009 Mark Sanchez

2009 Josh Freeman

2008 Matt Ryan

2008 Joe Flacco

2007 JaMarcus Russell

2007 Brady Quinn

2006 Vince Young

2005 Alex Smith

2005 Aaron Rodgers

2005 Jason Campbell

2004 Eli Manning

2004 Philip Rivers

2004 Ben Roethlisberger

2003 Carson Palmer

2003 Bryon Leftwich

2003 Kyle Boller

2002 David Carr

2002 Joey Harrington

2002 Patrick Ramsey

2001 Michael Vick

2000 Chad Pennington

2009 - Pat White

2008 - Brian Brohm

2008 - Chad Henne

2007 - Kevin Kolb

2007 - John Beck

2007 - Drew Stanton

2006 - Kellen Clemen

2006 - Travaris Jackson

2005 - Charlie Frye

2005 - Andrew Walter

2005 - David Greene

2001 - Drew Brees

2001 - Quincy Carter

And out of this list, only Brees was projected as a first round pick and he was fringe at best. So how is this relevant to the Clausen situation?

Are you saying that QB's who are projected to go high in the draft and fall will suck? Oh, that makes sense!

Don't know why you'd even think that was my thinking. So, you've got a man crush on Claussen. That clouds your perspective. Some QBs project high and go high, some don't. I've seen enough of Claussen to know that he doesn't have "it". He's another California pretty boy and gifted athlete that ends up at to Notre Dame and is worshipped, bowed to, and cottled. Ain't a QB worth a schitt that's come out of that program since the late 70's (including Buerlein) and Claussen won't be an exception.

Oh it's not? Really? Round 1 last 10 years: You really want to pretend Rd 1 and Rd 2 talent are comparable?

2009 Matt Stafford

2009 Mark Sanchez

2009 Josh Freeman

2008 Matt Ryan

2008 Joe Flacco

2007 JaMarcus Russell

2007 Brady Quinn

2006 Vince Young

2005 Alex Smith

2005 Aaron Rodgers

2005 Jason Campbell

2004 Eli Manning

2004 Philip Rivers

2004 Ben Roethlisberger

2003 Carson Palmer

2003 Bryon Leftwich

2003 Kyle Boller

2002 David Carr

2002 Joey Harrington

2002 Patrick Ramsey

2001 Michael Vick

2000 Chad Pennington

Why'd you take out the bad ones?

2009 Matt Stafford

2009 Mark Sanchez

2009 Josh Freeman

2008 Matt Ryan

2008 Joe Flacco

2007 JaMarcus Russell

2007 Brady Quinn

2006 Vince Young

2005 Alex Smith

2005 Aaron Rodgers

2005 Jason Campbell

2004 Eli Manning

2004 Philip Rivers

2004 Ben Roethlisberger

2003 Carson Palmer

2003 Bryon Leftwich

2003 Kyle Boller

2002 David Carr

2002 Joey Harrington

2002 Patrick Ramsey

2001 Michael Vick

2000 Chad Pennington

Hey, where's JP in 2004? Is there no end to the insult this man has to endure?

GO BILLS!!!