Nix very blunt about lack of playmakers on the team

I guess I'm a retard too. I haven't read the piece, but my #1 complaint for past forever years is that this team has lacked true playmakers on both sides of the ball. We're filled with 2nd tier players and that's why we finish in the middle of the pack. Explosive players change the game. They make the 2nd tier players better.

I guess I'm retard too. I haven't read the piece, but my #1 complaint for past forever years is that this team has lacked true playmakers on both sides of the ball. We're filled with 2nd tier players and that's why we finish in the middle of the pack. Explosive players change the game. They make the 2nd tier players better.

gotta agree with this. and it's helping me understand where the FO was coming from. there are lots of rounds to find lineman. this is top tier talent, which you MUST find at #9. either talent or value, and we got both.

I like the pick. I don't understand why some people are furious. When your team is so devoid of talent, you take top tier talent. It's not like not going OT in round 1 is going to kill our playoff chances next year. We're not going to the playoffs. Let's get some difference makers. Drafting for need is for teams who are close. We're not close.

Good pick, Buddy.

The story makes a great point about CJ and Reggie Bush:

" In fact Spiller and Bush are the only two backs in college football history with 3,000 rushing yards, 1,500 kickoff return yards, 1,000 receiving yards and 500 punt return yards in a career."

Umm, that is incredible production. It seems we have an impact player that other teams will have to plan against. Now let's beef up our lines.

I guess I'm a retard too. I haven't read the piece, but my #1 complaint for past forever years is that this team has lacked true playmakers on both sides of the ball. We're filled with 2nd tier players and that's why we finish in the middle of the pack. Explosive players change the game. They make the 2nd tier players better.

Wouldn't Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch, TO ... considered playmakers?

Something Buffalo has lacked for a very long time is a QB, OL and TE. Without that, what difference will a playmaker make? Losing 34-7 instead of 34-0?

The story makes a great point about CJ and Reggie Bush:

" In fact Spiller and Bush are the only two backs in college football history with 3,000 rushing yards, 1,500 kickoff return yards, 1,000 receiving yards and 500 punt return yards in a career."

Umm, that is incredible production. It seems we have an impact player that other teams will have to plan against. Now let's beef up our lines.

I didn't follow the Saints that much but I don't recall Bush being a contributing factor to their SB run.

I think he's a great complement if you have an already effective offense but will the one dimensional offense that is the Buffalo Bills be able to produce more with this guy?

Something Buffalo has lacked for a very long time is a QB, OL and TE. Without that, what difference will a playmaker make? Losing 34-7 instead of 34-0?

I don't care wat the position is - give me someone better than what the other guy has. I don't care if it was RB, WR, QB, TE or C. Give me someone who dominates and can be great. That is not Lee Evans and not ML, and was TO.

I didn't follow the Saints that much but I don't recall Bush being a contributing factor to their SB run.

I think he's a great complement if you have an already effective offense but will the one dimensional offense that is the Buffalo Bills be able to produce more with this guy?

you don't know what the Bills offense is this year.

I don't care wat the position is - give me someone better than what the other guy has. I don't care if it was RB, WR, QB, TE or C. Give me someone who dominates and can be great. That is not Lee Evans and not ML, and was TO.

I see what you're saying, I just don't think that he will be able to contribute because of everyone else around him.

A playmaker complements a good team, a playmaker has little impact on a bad team.

I.E. Adding Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders compared to the Pats.

Of course I hope you're right and the coaching staff knows what they're doing.

The Bills just had a Pro bowl LT and there was no difference between the results when he was here and when he wasn't. The bills still finished in the same spot and the offence still sucked

I see what you're saying, I just don't think that he will be able to contribute because of everyone else around him.

A playmaker complements a good team, a playmaker has little impact on a bad team.

I.E. Adding Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders compared to the Pats.

Of course I hope you're right and the coaching staff knows what they're doing.

This pick isn't made in a vacuum. You have to weigh your choices. Is the top playmaker in the draft plus an OT in RD 3 better or worse than the 3rd best OT in RD 1 and a RB/WR/DE/LB etc... in the 3rd?

Teams win in all sports with star players. It's just a fact. In football, there are star players at both skill positions and non-skill positions. The Steelers won the Super Bowl last year with a star at safety, linebacker and arguably at QB. The Saints won with a star QB and arguably a star safety. The Colts won with a star QB, star WR and star DE. Yes, you need solid lines on both sides of the ball, solid down the middle, solid role players and solid if not high level coaches.

But every team that wins the championship in every sport had 1-3 star players. And all good teams have star players at various positions. If the Bills think Spiller is going to be a star player, of which we have none, you take him. Simple as that. He's the most explosive player in the entire draft.

This pick isn't made in a vacuum. You have to weigh your choices. Is the top playmaker in the draft plus an OT in RD 3 better or worse than the 3rd best OT in RD 1 and a RB/WR/DE/LB etc... in the 3rd?

Depends on your viewpoint.

I always base myself on defense > offense.

Therefore, a top DE/LB is better for me than a top RB.

Anyways to be honest I don't watch college football so i can only say so much based on the evaluations on espn/cnnsi but I was just hoping that the defense would be shored up.