No Tebow in the B-LO

Aside from the fact that he has major ?'s about his abilty to play the QB position at the NFL level, something about him just bugs me. I know he's a "winner" and is a great kid but he just seems kinda fake to me. His image just seems so contrived and almost phony. I can see how a bunch of 18-20 year olds buy into him but is some 30 year old veteran going to respect him because he's a hard worker? These guys all bust their ass or else they wouldn't be in the NFL and I just think he has flaws that won't allow him to become a great QB. Some of the stuff I've heard on the radio the past few days has raised a good point; in all the scouting stuff about him you hear more about his "leadership and intangibles" than his actual ability. They made an analogy today along the lines of a girl that you say has a great personality. I know this post is nothing of substance but figured I'd throw in my two cents like everyone else has over the past few months.

Aside from the fact that he has major ?'s about his abilty to play the QB position at the NFL level, something about him just bugs me. I know he's a "winner" and is a great kid but he just seems kinda fake to me. His image just seems so contrived and almost phony. I can see how a bunch of 18-20 year olds buy into him but is some 30 year old veteran going to respect him because he's a hard worker? These guys all bust their ass or else they wouldn't be in the NFL and I just think he has flaws that won't allow him to become a great QB. Some of the stuff I've heard on the radio the past few days has raised a good point; in all the scouting stuff about him you hear more about his "leadership and intangibles" than his actual ability. They made an analogy today along the lines of a girl that you say has a great personality. I know this post is nothing of substance but figured I'd throw in my two cents like everyone else has over the past few months.

Then who's our franchise QB going to be? In three years we'll know whether the Tebow lovers or haters were right. Remember posting this when your watching Edwards this year.

Then who's our franchise QB going to be? I three years we'll know. Remember posting this when your watching Edwards this year.

I didn't say that we don't need a QB. I'm just glad it wasn't Tebow. You make it seem like he's a sure thing franchise QB. And in all honesty, I am done with Edwards but I think I'd rather watch him under center than see us spend a high pick on a big question mark in Tebow and proceed to see him be ruined by the Bills when he would get thrown into the fire far before he would be ready (you know that if we drafted him, there would be people calling for him to start from day 1 when it seems like a consensus that he is a 2-3 year project).

Then who's our franchise QB going to be? In three years we'll know whether the Tebow lovers or haters were right. Remember posting this when your watching Edwards this year.

Someone who is not in this year's draft class. You don't pick 9th & just order up a franchise QB. It's not that simple. No matter who starts next year, he won't be the starter in 2011 or 2012. You can't take a team like the Bills with a roster full of guys who wouldn't be starting elsewhere and turn it around in 1 season. So if we don't get the QB this year & end up with a great one next year, what have we lost? This is not a good year for QBs. A franchise QB isn't there. Whether it's Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Campbell, it really doesn't matter, he's just filling the spot for 2010 & then he'll join the ranks of Joe Dufek & Bruce Mathison who went from Bills starter to waivers in less than a year.