OT - this movie is NOT a WASTE of $

We have been going to the movies lately and National TREASURE is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Ladder 49 was good but I like Travolta, the Incredibles was a waste of time. Ray was good also but National Treasure really gets two thumbs up.

I just wanted a positive post about a good movie so that if you are trying to decide what to see this was very interesting.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been going to the movies lately and National TREASURE is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Ladder 49 was good but I like Travolta, the Incredibles was a waste of time. Ray was good also but National Treasure really gets two thumbs up.

I just wanted a positive post about a good movie so that if you are trying to decide what to see this was very interesting.

137611[/snapback]

Incredibles a waste of time? I thought it was pretty good

137611[/snapback]

Agreed ... My wife and I saw it this weekend and found it thoroughly entertaining. Especially if you don't try to overthink it, and list all the reasons the story is not plausible. Remember ... it is entertainment, and if you're trying to figure out how/why something in the movie (any movie) happened, there's always a simple answer...... it's in the script.

137611[/snapback]

Cindy, that was one of the worst movies I ever saw...film was totally implausible, during the American Revolution, the Americans were desperate for cash to fund the war, why the hell wouldn't they use that treasure?

And I am sorry, but the Declaration of Independence would have crumbled into dust with the lemon juice and blow dryer treatment....

And what laws did Ian break that Gates didn't, what a phoney ending...

One of this year's worst films.....

And the Increibles were one of the best films of this past year...at least it made sense.....

Cindy, that was one of the worst movies I ever saw...film was totally implausible, during the American Revolution, the Americans were desperate for cash to fund the war, why the hell wouldn't they use that treasure?

And I am sorry, but the Declaration of Independence would have crumbled into dust with the lemon juice and blow dryer treatment....

And what laws did Ian break that Gates didn't, what a phoney ending...

One of this year's worst films.....

And the Increibles were one of the best films of this past year...at least it made sense.....

137820[/snapback]

And all of us that were thinking about seeing it say a big thank you for not mentioning that you were tossing the Spoilers in there... dips#it.

And all of us that were thinking about seeing it say a big thank you for not mentioning that you were tossing the Spoilers in there... dips#it.

137823[/snapback]

.... and IF the movie would have been set during the 2004 Summer Olympics at the Women's Volleyball match ... the spoiler post would have REALLY ruined the ending for all of us.

Why the hell does everything HAVE to be authentic to be entertainment?

Just like the crap reviews that Day after Tomorrow recieved. It's entertainment folks. And if you are expecting something authentic when you know it's about a treasure hunt either go to a museum or watch Jaque Cousteau.

FYI...sometimes when I'm bored I watch Armaggedon. It's a great fun, dumb movie....

why don't you just tell everyone the whole movie script.

Gee whiz T-bone delete that so people can enjoy the movie.

I didn't say I believed it.

137839[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to seeing your recommendation.

I've also heard some nice reviews about Depp's latest, "Neverland", about the life of J.M. Barrie, author of "Peter Pan".

the incredibles were, well...... incredible.......

137611[/snapback]

My wife and I saw National Treasure this weekend.

I told her it was about a guy named "ICE" but I was mistaken.

I agree with #89.

It was a good clean fun movie. Something I would have no problem bringing kids to see.

A little like an Indian Jones movie. Good guys racing the bad guys to find the treasure.