Speeding Ticket

Chef Jim

Just got my citation in the mail. For a 87 in a 65 (lucky for me I braked heavily before he popped me) the fine is $332. I have no clue if that's high or low compared to other places. Anybody here get a similar ticket and what did you pay.

And no I wasn't high.

Just got my citation in the mail. For a 87 in a 65 (lucky for me I braked heavily before he popped me) the fine is $332. I have no clue if that's high or low compared to other places. Anybody here get a similar ticket and what did you pay.

And no I wasn't high.

How did you get a speeding ticket in SF?

With an 87, your usually getting honked at for going too slow in the Bay Area.

How did you get a speeding ticket in SF?

With an 87, your usually getting honked at for going too slow in the Bay Area.

Here's the amazing thing it was at 5:00pm on a Friday. In soCal I would have killed to have gotten up to 27 at 5:00pm on a Friday. When the cop asked why I was going so fast my response "it's Friday I wanted to get home." Hell I had a nice bottle of wine waiting at home. As I mentioned I'm lucky he got me after I put my foot on the brake. I was doing probably 95 at one point. Ninety!@#$ingfive on a Friday afternoon. God I love this place.

Oh and BTW of course I drive slower now and my gas mileage had gone way up. I always thought that was a bunch of BS but obviously it's not.

Here's the amazing thing it was at 5:00pm on a Friday. In soCal I would have killed to have gotten up to 27 at 5:00pm on a Friday. When the cop asked why I was going so fast my response "it's Friday I wanted to get home." Hell I had a nice bottle of wine waiting at home. As I mentioned I'm lucky he got me after I put my foot on the brake. I was doing probably 95 at one point. Ninety!@#$ingfive on a Friday afternoon. God I love this place.

Oh and BTW of course I drive slower now and my gas mileage had gone way up. I always thought that was a bunch of BS but obviously it's not.

Speeding is illegal. When you speed you put other people at risk, just like being impaired.

Speeding is illegal. When you speed you put other people at risk, just like being impaired.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say this. You are absolutely correct and I've learned my lesson but legalizing pot will put more people at risk.

But man was it fun to drive my car fast. :censored:

Hook, line, and sinker. Reel him in.

Nice try man but see my post above. It's dangerous out there on the road and I am sometimes a danger just like you. But legalizing an intoxicant will NOT make it safer. Contrary to your twisted logic that it wont.

And no I wasn't high.

Maybe if you were just a little high, you wouldn't have been speeding.

Maybe.

Nice try man but see my post above. It's dangerous out there on the road and I am sometimes a danger just like you. But legalizing an intoxicant will NOT make it safer. Contrary to your twisted logic that it wont.

So it's ok for you to be a danger, but not others? The reason why you are a danger to others is irrelevant.