NCAA Tournament Expansion

Indy Dave

I'll bet not one of those 3 new bids go to mid-majors. Plus it will push 4 mid-major teams currently in the field of 64 into a play-in round. Gotta make more room for those 16-win teams from "power" conferences like the Big East.

PTR

I'll bet not one of those 3 new bids go to mid-majors. Plus it will push 4 mid-major teams currently in the field of 64 into a play-in round. Gotta make more room for those 16-win teams from "power" conferences like the Big East.

PTR

I'd be fine with it if the 16 win Big 6 conference teams were forced to play their way in. The mid majors should be in automatically. Always hated the concept of conference champions in play-in games.

I'd be fine with it if the 16 win Big 6 conference teams were forced to play their way in. The mid majors should be in automatically. Always hated the concept of conference champions in play-in games.

There really should be a separate thread set aside for PTR on this. He hijack/trolls every single ncaa hoops thread saying the same thing. And I have no doubt he doesn't put his $ where his mouth is.

There really should be a separate thread set aside for PTR on this. He hijack/trolls every single ncaa hoops thread saying the same thing. And I have no doubt he doesn't put his $ where his mouth is.

It would be more annoying if he wasn't absolutely correct.

Maybe we'll get 9 Big East teams next year -- and have 7 lose in the first round.

Well how do you prove where the three new slots go if all the power conferences are seeded above 64? I think a better bet is who is in the play-in games. Are you betting that a major hoops school will be made to play-in? I say those 6 teams will all be mid-majors.

PTR

Well how do you prove where the three new slots go if all the power conferences are seeded above 64? I think a better bet is who is in the play-in games. Are you betting that a major hoops school will be made to play-in? I say those 6 teams will all be mid-majors.

PTR

And that would be a real shame.

One important fact about this new deal...ESPN isn't in on the broadcasting rights. That cannot said enough.

I'm with the guys that the play-in games should be for a 11 or 12 seed from the "last 8 in" compromising all at-large bids. To me, automatic bids should go directly into the field of 64.

I can't believe that common sense prevailed here, and the NCAA didn't mess with perfection - especially after one of the great tourneys of all time...........I thought they were going to kill the golden goose by greed.