Let's be HONEST with ourselves here- How many "Playmakers&quo

I count 2.

Evans and Byrd.

McKelvin is still unproven. Jackson is a steady RB, but nothing special.

Doesn't this team just BADLY need playmakers? I don't know how I feel about the potential of Spiller at 9, but I do know about nobody on the Bills offense being capable of turning a simple play into a home run. Even Lee Evans, all of his HOME RUN plays are designed deep routes. We need that guy on our offense who at any moment can go the distance.

I count 2.

Evans and Byrd.

Doesn't this team just BADLY need playmakers? I don't know how I feel about the potential of Spiller at 9, but I do know about nobody on the Bills offense being capable of turning a simple play into a home run. Even Lee Evans, all of his HOME RUN plays are designed deep routes. We need that guy on our offense who at any moment can go the distance.

I tend to agree with you.

I count 2.

Evans and Byrd.

On the surface what you say is correct...But The Bills can't Block anyone and on Defense they can't defend the Run. So what good is Spiller really going to do? He'll have his share of Highlights...Heck so has Roscoe Parrish...But The Bills won't get much better in the long run unless they fix a slew of other problems that start and finish in the trenches... :D

I absolutely agree. This team is in desperate need of playmakers, especially on offense. I can understand their interest in Spiller, but instead of using the 9th overall pick at RB, something I don't think I could agree with, I'd much rather they try to find a starting WR in round 2 if they're looking for that playmaker early.

They could take Spiller in Rd. 1, Tate in Rd. 2, and they have just added speed and explosiveness to an offense that hasn't scared anybody in more than a decade.

It seems like on draft day, people forget what wins games. They go back to the logic of , "well, I've always heard the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage so it must be true."

I guarantee you if we conducted a fan poll right after any of the offensive duds the Bills have put up in recent years, more fans would have argued that we desperately lacked playmakers than "We just don't have enough talent at left tackle."

I mainly just disagree with the idea of investing in more RBs. If they get rid of Lynch, it makes more sense, but right now, I think another RB could have a hard time getting on the field for anything beyond return duty. I think its a more efficient use of resources to go for the WR instead. That 2nd WR spot is wide open right now and the guys we currently have aren't much. I think there's a very good chance that a high round rookie WR could start at that position on opening day despite the adjustment period and be an immediate upgrade, just because they're so bad at WR outside of Lee Evans. If the OL still stinks, just let Trent FitzBrohm take the beating this year until you can improve it in the next draft.

Although I don't think the Bills will do it, I would argue that they'd be better off 2-3 years down the road drafting Clausen in R1 and their choice of WR in R2. I'd rather draft the guys that may need development time now at the beginning of the rebuilding process and when you know the entire team sucks than a couple of years from now when those positions would drag an otherwise competitive team down into the toilet.