Bulaga

I can't find a link, but I can remember hearing and reading over the past few days that there is a concern Bulaga won't be able to play LT in the NFL and will only be a RT. I remember hearing that months ago, then the issue had seemed to be squashed as he started rising up boards to a top 10 pick. Now the talk is starting again. Is this just smokescreens setoff by teams or is there a valid concern about him. Anthony Davis has some maturity issues but as far as pass protection from Day 1 and talent he might be the better pick. ANy thoughts?

Sorry Beastmode. Nothing personal.

But my thoughts on Bulaga were exhausted over the past two days with the three other Bulaga threads (one of them is actually a Baluga thread).

Last I heard he was now a right tackle...possibly a right guard (because he needs deodorant due to his short arms creating bad body odor).

Someone else said he might give up football to join the circus...he has freakishly short arms and can't pleasure himself, apparently.

This has been talked to death.

Someone else said he might give up football to join the circus...he has freakishly short arms and can't pleasure himself, apparently.

:unsure::lol: :lol:

But my thoughts on Bulaga were exhausted over the past two days with the three other Bulaga threads (one of them is actually a Baluga thread).

Last I heard he was now a right tackle...possibly a right guard (because he needs deodorant due to his short arms creating bad body odor).

I know it's been exhausted. I was just wondering about the smokescreen aspect. There are things coming out about Sam Bradfords knees being a bigger concern than his shoulder one day before the draft. I'm just wondering whether these are mostly lies about him

I must disagree . I have freakishly short arms and can still pleasure myself

I'll bet money that he is picked in the top 10. This is just meaningless noise.

Agreed...And I'd bet a few bucks that it's The Bills that Pick him in the Top 10...He's about as safe a bet as you're going to get in this Draft...I think a lot of the negatives come from him being used while he was still just coming back from the thyroid thing...By the end of the Year he was back to his ol' self...He's a Pro ready OT...Honestly I think the Kid was made for The Bills current situation...They need a no-risk, high reward Player at #9...Bulaga's going to Play 10 plus years in The NFL at one of the OT Positions if he stays healthy...He's solid if not spectacular...I bet Nix loves the Kid... :unsure:

Agreed...And I'd bet a few bucks that it's The Bills that Pick him in the Top 10...He's about as safe a bet as you're going to get in this Draft...I think a lot of the negatives come from him being used while he was still just coming back from the thyroid thing...By the end of the Year he was back to his ol' self...He's a Pro ready OT...Honestly I think the Kid was made for The Bills current situation...They need a no-risk, high reward Player at #9...Bulaga's going to Play 10 plus years in The NFL at one of the OT Positions if he stays healthy...He's solid if not spectacular...I bet Nix loves the Kid... :unsure:

I agree. I have no concerns about Bulaga.

I'd posted earlier that Bulaga projects as a Matt Light/Will Wolford type player.

Light has gone to 2 Pro Bowls. Wolford went to 3 Pro Bowls.

Light started 12 games as a rookie. Wolford started all 16 games as a Bills rookie.

Light has started 122 games in his 9 year career. Wolford started 191 games in his 13 year career.

Neither Light or Wolford are considered elite players.

The rub is that Wolford was drafted at #20 and Light was taken in the 2nd round. And therein lies the problem.

We're talking about the 9th pick here and people on our board want the next Orlando Pace/Walter Jones/Tony Boselli. That player probably doesn't exist in this draft but the fact remains...people here think that we should get something more than a rock-solid, dependable player with the #9 pick.

People here seem to want a virtual future Hall of Famer with our #9 pick.

Bulaga would be a great building block for the Bills but he's not a sexy pick...and we live in a sex-crazed society.

Bulaga would be a great building block for the Bills but he's not a sexy pick...and we live in a sex-crazed society.

I think that is exactly right. Bulaga would be a great, solid pick, but isn't flashy like Spiller or Tebow or Williams or all these other names getting thrown around as possible picks at #9. If he is there, Nix will take him.

Not that it means much but Bulaga was on Sirius NFL today, and when they mentioned teams he's talked to Buffalo came up and he said he has NEVER spoken to anyone from the Bills. Okung has been here for a visit though.

This is perhaps the most accurate indicator that he'll be our pick - if he's available. It's classic.

So Bulaga is falling down draft boards? Whose boards? The Bills? Eagles? Texans? Falcons? Have you broken into their buildings and laid eyes on their draft boards yourself? Wow, this is big news!

Or do you mean McShay, Kiper, etc? What a joke. Their opinions mean nothing.

I can't find a link, but I can remember hearing and reading over the past few days that there is a concern Bulaga won't be able to play LT in the NFL and will only be a RT. I remember hearing that months ago, then the issue had seemed to be squashed as he started rising up boards to a top 10 pick. Now the talk is starting again. Is this just smokescreens setoff by teams or is there a valid concern about him. Anthony Davis has some maturity issues but as far as pass protection from Day 1 and talent he might be the better pick. ANy thoughts?

Whose draft boards has he fallen down?

While Bulaga might not have the upside of some of the OTs I think he has less bust potential than Davis, Campbell, Brown- there has to be something to be said about a guy who comes in and starts right away and is solid for ten years.

Correct answer. My sophisticated analysis of Nix's comments indicates this is the way he will go. Nix will NOT ALLOW HIMSELF TO SELECT A BUST IN ROUND 1.