South Park creators threatened over depiction of Muhammad in recent ep

Fezmid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wait a minute, I just saw something from the govt. that told me that Islam is a very peaceful religion.....

Please. These are fundamentalist watchdogs who patrol the international media/entertainment industry. Don't you think Stone and Parker have received plenty of death threats from Christian wackos for their treatment of Jesus on the show?

Please. These are fundamentalists. Stone and Parker have received plenty of death threats from Christian wackos for their treatment of Jesus on the show.

Really?

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't make the media....

Please. These are fundamentalists. Stone and Parker have received plenty of death threats from Christian wackos for their treatment of Jesus on the show.

You're probably right, but the Christian wackos don't seem as wacko as the islamic wackos. Wow, so many wackos. They'll kill you just for drawing a picture of mohamad (seems a bit more extreme).

You're probably right, but the Christian wackos don't seem as wacko as the islamic wackos. Wow, so many wackos. They'll kill you just for drawing a picture of mohamad (seems a bit more extreme).

It really does seem more wacko, you do have a point.

They get all up in arms over Mohammed in a freaking bear costume? I wonder what it feels like to have zero sense of humor...

My roommate in college was a born again Christian. In the school paper, right before Christmas break, there were a couple of off-color Christian jokes. One of them was:

Jesus walks into a hotel, slaps down four nails, and asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"

My roommate FLIPPED OUT after reading that, saying that Satan was descending on the campus and that we all needed to wage a holy war to protect Fredonia, including summoning angels and crap I didn't quite understand. Of course this guy also said he had such a great experience at church one time that he started speaking in tongues.... :devil:

The difference is that he was waging a war on Satan, not threatening to kill the people at the newspaper. But the sentiment is similar.

Why would you give him that? First time Ive heard of anyone threatening these guys. Believe me, if a similar threat came from the Christian right in this country it would be even bigger news than this.

My roommate in college was a born again Christian. In the school paper, right before Christmas break, there were a couple of off-color Christian jokes. One of them was:

Jesus walks into a hotel, slaps down four nails, and asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"

My roommate FLIPPED OUT after reading that, saying that Satan was descending on the campus and that we all needed to wage a holy war to protect Fredonia, including summoning angels and crap I didn't quite understand. Of course this guy also said he had such a great experience at church one time that he started speaking in tongues.... :devil:

The difference is that he was waging a war on Satan, not threatening to kill the people at the newspaper. But the sentiment is similar.

I would also suspect that there might be some other mental health problem under the surface????

I'm torn between the rights of freedom of speech and the use of good common sense. Considering the sensitivity of the issue and previous recent history of the actions of some of these extreme islamic fundamentalists, I would have to say that the subject matter that was used from the South Park crew was reckless and most likely put more people at risk of some sort of lash back from the extremist community. It's one thing to put yourself at risk, but it's another to disregard the safety of others.

I mean these guys are funny, they can always find good material, but this subject matter in my view should of been avoided.