Have a feeling the top 9 goes something like this...

A little less, sure, but understand that you're still talking about the $40M range, whereas Bradford would get close to $45M. Tyson Jackson, last year's #3 overall pick, got $31M guaranteed, and he moved out to DE in a 3-4. Suh could ask for at least 10-20% more if he were the #1 pick this year.

Way, way too much $$ for a rookie DT...

Then let's get a little more current...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ble-no-1-picks/

And it really surprises you that neither ESPN or NFLN would be focusing on the contract side of things as opposed to the personnel side?

I read it and what I got is that Florio isn't seeing the forest through the trees. He assumes that the Rams really really want Bradford but their lack of outreach to his agent for a deal indicates to me that they don't really want him and are uncomfortable with drafting him at #1.

I read it and what I got is that Florio isn't seeing the forest through the trees. He assumes that the Rams really really want Bradford but their lack of outreach to his agent for a deal indicates to me that they don't really want him and are uncomfortable with drafting him at #1.

The Rams do really, really want Bradford...they're just not in a hurry to sign him before the draft.

If they weren't going to take him, don't you think they'd be negotiating with other prospects in an attempt to let other teams know that Bradford is available to anyone that wants to pony up for the #1 pick?

I know that you're supposition would make things surprising at the top of the draft, and thus more interesting, but the odds are 99.9% that it's not happening. Bradford's going #1.