New Yorkers Brace for Doorman Strike??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The local news has been interviewing these idiots all week. OMG...we'll all have to work together to get through this crisis!!!

I'm not saying a good doorman isn't a valuable resource if you live in NYC, but it just highlights how spoiled people have become.

The local news has been interviewing these idiots all week. OMG...we'll all have to work together to get through this crisis!!!

I'm not saying a good doorman isn't a valuable resource if you live in NYC, but it just highlights how spoiled people have become.

Are you saying that maybe some of those elitist Liberals in NYC don’t want to pay the poor doormen more money? No Way Jose!!

Are you saying that maybe some of those elitist Liberals in NYC don't want to pay the poor doormen more money? No Way Jose!!

Oh no, the elitist liberals absolutely want to pay the doormen more money, cause it ain't their money and unions are always right.

Plus, how can anyone be expected to do a complex job like be a doorman on only $70,000 a year?

Oh no, the elitist liberals absolutely want to pay the doormen more money, cause it ain't their money and unions are always right.

Plus, how can anyone be expected to do a complex job like be a doorman on only $70,000 a year?

Reminds me of that classic Seinfeld episode.

:rolleyes:

Holy crap. $70,000 a year salary? From what I understand, that's not only "above average" income, it's "wealthy."

So boo-hoo to you poor NYC door knobbers and elevator operators. You're making a killing, so quitcher bitchin' and get back to work.

Wealthy people piss me off.

Holy crap. $70,000 a year salary? From what I understand, that's not only "above average" income, it's "wealthy."

So boo-hoo to you poor NYC door knobbers and elevator operators. You're making a killing, so quitcher bitchin' and get back to work.

Wealthy people piss me off.

Plus tips, man. Cha ching aling!!!

Harold Gerber, who runs a real estate business and has lived in his co-op on East 75th Street for more than two decades, said he was already worried about security, and grumbled at the prospect of hauling his own trash. “It will affect us tremendously,” he said.

What do you mean it's not their money?

Harold Gerber, who runs a real estate business and has lived in his co-op on East 75th Street for more than two decades, said he was already worried about security, and grumbled at the prospect of hauling his own trash. "It will affect us tremendously," he said.

Yeah, because the picture you have is of hauling your trash from your kitchen to a garbage can. That's not what happens in high rise buildings.

This actually brings up my longstanding bias against the left. Many of you are witnessing this for the first time, but it's a regular fact of life for NYC dwellers. So levae behind the quadrennial demands by the building owners, the bigger issue is that for the vast majority of Manhattanites, this invisible army of building workers just makes things happen so that you don't have to worry about a thing.

Garbage needs to go out? Walk down the hall, throw the bag into a chute and it disappears.

Big snowstorm overnight? By the time you hit the sidewalk at 7AM, it's cleared & salted.

Rain causes a leak? Call the super and by the time you're home from work, the leak is fixed.

Dry cleaners only deliver during working hours? No problem, the doorman will hold the clthes until you get back.

Raining outside? The doorman will fetch an umbrella, or better yet, will go in the rain to hail you a cab.

Things just get done. Troubles disappear. That's why it's very easy to think that everything in life works very well, because there's always someone else who'll do the dirty work.

This actually brings up my longstanding bias against the left. Many of you are witnessing this for the first time, but it's a regular fact of life for NYC dwellers. So levae behind the quadrennial demands by the building owners, the bigger issue is that for the vast majority of Manhattanites, this invisible army of building workers just makes things happen so that you don't have to worry about a thing.

Garbage needs to go out? Walk down the hall, throw the bag into a chute and it disappears.

Big snowstorm overnight? By the time you hit the sidewalk at 7AM, it's cleared & salted.

Rain causes a leak? Call the super and by the time you're home from work, the leak is fixed.

Dry cleaners only deliver during working hours? No problem, the doorman will hold the clthes until you get back.

Raining outside? The doorman will fetch an umbrella, or better yet, will go in the rain to hail you a cab.

Things just get done. Troubles disappear. That's why it's very easy to think that everything in life works very well, because there's always someone else who'll do the dirty work.

I knew it! JA is a closet liberal :thumbdown: