Can you trust the gov't?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The poll, which surveyed 2,505 adults in mid-March, does provide one irrefutable talking point for Republicans as the midterm elections approach: “Independents who are highly frustrated with government are highly committed to voting this year, and they favor Republican candidates in their districts by an overwhelming 66 percent to 13 percent margin,” according to Kohut.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/...l#ixzz0lYy6SE00

You'd think they'd be thanking him. That's what you'd think.

The more condescending that the left becomes the more:

“Independents who are highly frustrated with government are highly committed to voting this year, and they favor Republican candidates in their districts by an overwhelming 66 percent to 13 percent margin,” according to Kohut.

I think Ron Paul seems face-value legitimate. Out of all the 2012 candidates, he's the only one who would make the executive office seem more truthful. Not saying I wholeheartedly agree with all of his arguments...but I think I would trust the government if he was in office.

I think Ron Paul seems face-value legitimate. Out of all the 2012 candidates, he's the only one who would make the executive office seem more truthful. Not saying I wholeheartedly agree with all of his arguments...but I think I would trust the government if he was in office.

He wants to abolish the Federal Reserve. :lol:

I know the lunatic 9/11-conspiracy fringe gravitates to him. Is he their willing champion?

I believe for many, he is. I mean, the guy is a libertarian, and does appear to be a man of principle, but anyone who wants to abolish the Federal Reserve in my view is too extreme. Btw, I do have a friend of mine who adores Ron Paul, and yes he is truther, birther and believes in just about any other conspiracy theory.

I believe for many, he is. I mean, the guy is a libertarian, and does appear to be a man of principle, but anyone who wants to abolish the Federal Reserve in my view is too extreme. Btw, I do have a friend of mine who adores Ron Paul, and yes he is truther, birther and believes in just about any other conspiracy theory.

By "willing champion", I was asking if he believes that crap himself, or do all the "free thinkers" simply gravitate to him with no doing on his part?

By "willing champion", I was asking if he believes that crap himself, or do all the "free thinkers" simply gravitate to him with no doing on his part?

I think it's more to do with how effective he is in resonating his message, which is mistrust for government, banks, The Federal Reserve etc.

On a related note

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con..._42_ron_paul_41

Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is – virtually dead even.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of likely voters finds Obama with 42% support and Paul with 41% of the vote. Eleven percent (11%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided

I'm thinking this has more to do with people's discontent of Obama rather than Ron Paul's popularity than anything else.

And Obama's, Reid's, and Pelosi's response to that will be "They just don't understand...we know better..."

"You know what, America? We just need to pass our agenda to see what's in it, okay?"

I loved this story today. The only thing more frightening than the level of incompetence in DC is the simple fact that we, the people, put this level of incompetence in place.