My surprise pick at #9: Charles Brown

Charles Brown, OT, USC. Some boards apparently have him ranked just below Okung. Very athletic and polished, but not nearly as strong as Okung. More of a finesse blocker, better suited for the passing game than the running game. The Colts are said to love him and he won't get past their pick. But rumor has it he's rising fast and may go in the top 15.

I have a hunch he's very high on the Bills' board. Perhaps they're one of the teams that has him ranked just below Okung, ahead of Trent Williams and Bulaga. They may try to trade down and still grab him, but if they can't, it wouldn't shock me if they take him at 9, and then trade back into the first to take a QB.

Just a hunch, no real info, but remember where you heard it first!

It really depends on what kind of offense Gailey is planning on installing. Like you said Brown is better suited for the passing game than the running game. I actually like Brown a lot. I'd rather have him over Davis or Bulaga. The only thing that makes me hesitate about him is he's a bit of a project. A project that could have tremendous upside, but a project none the less. I think the Bills have taken too many projects with their first round picks and would like to see them be able to find someone that can contribute day one.

I suspect Lucy will pull the ball away on your hunch...

Per PFW:

"Questionable toughness....Has a finese playing style....Not quick footed....A long-armed converted TE in need of continual physical and technical development....Upside will bring him up draft boards considerably higher than he grades out on tape. "

NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/cha...brown?id=496986

I suspect Lucy will pull the ball away on your hunch...

Per PFW:

"Questionable toughness....Has a finese playing style....Not quick footed....A long-armed converted TE in need of continual physical and technical development....Upside will bring him up draft boards considerably higher than he grades out on tape. "

NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/cha...brown?id=496986

Never give up, Charlie Brown...

Bulaga.

Charles Brown, OT, USC. Some boards apparently have him ranked just below Okung.

If a board has him just below Okung it has no credibility.

Brown is more like the 9th rated Offensive Tackle in the draft, not the 9th best player.

Questionable toughness is his biggest question mark. He also needs to improve in the weight room.

Too weak for a running offense...and better than Davis yeah, I can't stand Davis and think he's wayyyyyyyy too much a project...but Bulaga???? you're smoking..Bulaga is EVERYTHING you want in an OLine player

Exaggerate much? It would be much better if Bulaga were more athletic.